Entropia Universe 15.17.2 Release Notes

Hahahaha, said the happy camper who exploited the arkadia space bug.

It takes on to know one, right?

:laugh:

I am sure we were reported more than once,,, and we can assure you we never heard from MA once...

EDIT: waiting for visitors on my ship Right now :)

Last edited:
I am sure we were reported more than once,,, and we can assure you we never heard from MA once...

EDIT: waiting for visitors on my ship Right now :)

I see double standards here: it's ok for you to exploit no non-pvp around moon bug and loot ppl but it's very bad for ppl to exploit log off to avoid being looted. Just wow. By the way, so if you were reported more than once and didn't hear for MA then why you think we will hear from MA if you report us? :scratch2:

And don't expect many visitors, in order for anybody to respawn in your ship they have to be on your guest list.

So, the well known fact that MA is just to lame to do anything about exploiters made it ok for you to continue exploiting this bug?

Ok, so you still kept on doing it while the entire playerbase thought it was fucked up.

And now you come crying? :laugh:

Please, dont make a complete fool out of yourself.

But i guess you were just joking about it and we're just to tight ass to take you serious :tongue2:

four or five guys are hoping to steal money from other players, and on this way thats guys do not have to deposit money again (in theory).

This is totaly wrong, what is the cost for you when your ship is destroyed ? Few PEC ?
What is the cost for the guy who shot at you and destroy your ship ? Several PED. :broke:

On the other hand, the player who was assaulted will be very angry and maybe he not deposit money again.

You can loose (and be angry about it) in EVERY game you play against players.. You don't like it, don't play it.

But EU was not a stupid game of pirates !. EU was a game about a universe that fought against invaders drones and bots

EU (PE) was in the past even more an "anarchy" game than what it is now.
PvP zones always existed... Lootable and non lootable.
The whole Amethera continent is a PvP zone. Even land areas can be turn to PvP zone by their owners.
There is some Forts where you can create pure PvP events.
Land grabs are pure PvP events.
Rig is a PvP zone where people fight for PED. (the whole story of this game) :handgun:

Why should have we afraid to go into space? (because if you do, four pirates can take your deposits or your effort)

Why are you so afraid to loose 0.3 PED decay in space, when you simply hunt mobs and so you risk to loose 10$/hour or even more..!?

Carrying big amount of loot with you in space, get looted, and then complain ?..
Sorry but nothing more to say than "stupid". :rolleyes:

Why stealing or being robbed in space should be mandatory

When you simply play the game (hunting, mining etc..), you already play against players, someone have to loose money in order for you to win...
So you try to get the money from someone else each time you play the game.
Despite this, nobody call you a robber. :wise:

PvP should be a way bigger part of this game, it's great and it should makes a good reason for you to skill-up and get good gear.
EU is a Player Versus Player game, and I hope it will stay that way... :sniper: :rocket:

This is totaly wrong, what is the cost for you when your ship is destroyed ? Few PEC ?
What is the cost for the guy who shot at you and destroy your ship ? Several PED. :broke: etc etc etc

How many space pirates are there in the game? A few, which can be counted on fingers. Does it justify the spending on bullets that a few do in space for the investment made by Mindark ?. No, in my opinion.

If it's how you say, that you lose more money than money that you can steal, then what's your fun? What is the fun for the others players?

And finally, if MA now wants to promote trade between planets, I think it should eliminate space piracy from the game.

The simple answer to all this is simply make us lootable as mobs. We hunt each other and get a global off each other as we do with mobs. The only issue many will come up with about this, more or less, is that we would then not be able to steal from others. No fun in that. Well, sorry since EU is so close to the RL with RCE we have to live with it. And please don't try and justify other games here. It simply is a joke and all you are doing is justifying why you do it. "MA made me do it, it's not me at all." Sorry, that is BS.

But yes, what I ask would make space hell. Trying to get to one planet to the other with so many out there trying to get that one big ATH. Hell we just may need MS and what not. Don't forget the MS here. ATH on one of them? Damn reminds me of RT's Kong. MS owners then would need to hire crew to keep the ships safe. FYI, ship blows up you return to planet you started on.

But yes, I know. It simply would suck because you wouldn't be able to steal from anyone and it would make EU like any other game. Now you need to stop and think about that. What you are saying is you would love to steal from others in this game and get away with it knowing you can. But sure, justify it all you like. Sorry, you are what you are and you can't justify it.

How many space pirates are there in the game? A few, which can be counted on fingers. Does it justify the spending on bullets that a few do in space for the investment made by Mindark ?. No, in my opinion.

If you want 1 more pirate there, it's up to you, just take your Quad and ammo..
Theoricaly you will have 50% chance to win fights since it's same gear for everyone there. Good odds I guess. :wtg:

If it's how you say, that you lose more money than money that you can steal, then what's your fun? What is the fun for the others players?

To clarify, I myself never shot anyone in space. (not yet! :boxer: )

I've been shot at many times there, and I don't mind so much.(rarely carrying loot, or very few that I know I can risk to loose)

I killed many people at oil Rig and few ones in PvP4, and I've been killed many times also.
I loose way more PED than what I've earned (oil at Rig or loot in PvP4), but anyway I take defense of whole PvP system in this game. I have not so much self-confidence but enough to believe I will skill-up and manage to get good enough gear to become efficient in PvP one day.
Even if I know there will always be way better and stronger (and whith more money, so better gear) players than me, I'll try to give myself a chance. :lift:

Fun for others players ? The ones being killed ?
Well it's always more fun to win than to loose right.. You can win or loose a fight, again it's about 50% chances, so pretty fair.. :yup:

As for what is the fun, I don't know for the pirates, each people is different so each find fun in different way.
For sure, I think it's way funnier to fight against a real player than to fight against IA.

And finally, if MA now wants to promote trade between planets, I think it should eliminate space piracy from the game.

I think people are mistaking something here...
PvP space is more to help Planet Partners than MA.

People likes some others planets, but for some reason they don't want to help to create a stable economy there..
You go there, play, hunt, do mining, craft, and then want to go put your loot at Caly auction... Why ?
People often leave a planet because they can't get what they need to play there (guns, ressources, etc..)

No economy, no people. No people, no economy... Vicious circle. :wise:

If you want 1 more pirate there, it's up to you, just take your Quad and ammo..
Theoricaly you will have 50% chance to win fights since it's same gear for everyone there. Good odds I guess. :wtg:

thats not true. as the pirate is staying in safe zone and you have to fly out first to fight against him he will always have the first shot. that means, assuming both are equivalent in terms of personal skill and in terms of weapons and buffs then the pirate waiting in safe zone will win 100% of the fights. not even close to 50/50

thats not true. as the pirate is staying in safe zone and you have to fly out first to fight against him he will always have the first shot. that means, assuming both are equivalent in terms of personal skill and in terms of weapons and buffs then the pirate waiting in safe zone will win 100% of the fights. not even close to 50/50

I don't think pirates waiting in safe zone get 100% chance to win a fight.
Each time I've been attacked, I could see the guy coming before he reach the fire range.
When this happen, people usualy don't do anything else than telling "oh shit ! I'm gonna get killed anyway". :scared:

But, I agree that there is alot to do to improve PvP in space (and in all PvP zones ingame) and make it totally fair for everyone.
I already said it in another thread few weeks ago. (will add the link if I can find it)

About the point you are talking about, it would be easy to make spawn area bigger (when leaving a planet), and create alot of differents places inside it, where to randomly spawn.
Or even better than random, people could choose which one they want to spawn in when reaching space (then they can't tell "OMG the game mades me spawn exactly where the pirates are!")
Also make all spaceships visible (triangle) even when the pilot is on passenger sit. (2 triangles if 2 people in ship)
Karma should be on players, not ship.
Etc..
There is alot more to do..

I'll probably make a thread one day telling all the ideas I've got to improve the whole PvP system ingame. (and to bring back vehicles in PvP zones! :wtg: )

That will probably be useless since MA don't care so much about player's ideas.. :rolleyes:

I dare to say the non safe zone around the ark moon wasn't a bug but fully intended and got changed with the recent patch based on our mostly negative feedback. So ofc, no pirate ever heard from mindark after being reported because they never used a bug to begin with.

But we all know how greasy mindark can be when it come to make things clear because they never wanna piss off anyone wich means im pretty sure any reports against players who creative use game mechanics to escape from the moon without going trough lootable pvp will also never hear from mindark.

In 4 weeks it has become the norm and nobody even gonna talk about how things are anymore and mindark will happy accept the status quo and all support cases will hit a teflon wall and float into oblivion.

Mindark giving up a source of revenue aka landing fee just show how insignificant this source of income was. I'd be impressed if mindark would cut auction fee to stimulate trade but guess thats not gonna happen :)

Mindark just love the idea that real money wich dosn't belong them is exchanged by pvp so they could open a advertising campain were they promise skilled pvp'ers to get rich by their skills. Sadly for them, most of us dosn't like the idea and except for the odd unlucky fool whos risking 1000 ped to safe 10 peds for safe transportation the cut of landing fees wont change much in space.

Nothing to see here, moving on and waiting for a real patch with real content :smoke:

I dare to say the non safe zone around the ark moon wasn't a bug but fully intended and got changed with the recent patch based on our mostly negative feedback. So ofc, no pirate ever heard from mindark after being reported because they never used a bug to begin with.

But we all know how greasy mindark can be when it come to make things clear because they never wanna piss off anyone wich means im pretty sure any reports against players who creative use game mechanics to escape from the moon without going trough lootable pvp will also never hear from mindark.

In 4 weeks it has become the norm and nobody even gonna talk about how things are anymore and mindark will happy accept the status quo and all support cases will hit a teflon wall and float into oblivion.

Mindark giving up a source of revenue aka landing fee just show how insignificant this source of income was. I'd be impressed if mindark would cut auction fee to stimulate trade but guess thats not gonna happen :)

Mindark just love the idea that real money wich dosn't belong them is exchanged by pvp so they could open a advertising campain were they promise skilled pvp'ers to get rich by their skills. Sadly for them, most of us dosn't like the idea and except for the odd unlucky fool whos risking 1000 ped to safe 10 peds for safe transportation the cut of landing fees wont change much in space.

Nothing to see here, moving on and waiting for a real patch with real content :smoke:

If no non-pvp was intended then it was not implemented right from what i heard. Ppl got shot down before game even loaded for them :laugh: No wonder so much negative feedback. If they wanted to have no non-pvp then spawn position should be random all around the moon and ships should have some grace period before they are allowed to be attacked - exactly what we have when we log in on the ground. And of course that should be clearly indicated in release notes - allowing players to learn about that by being looted is retarded. These ppl had a right to assume they will end up in non-pvp like in any other planet.

Ark team to Sven the junior programmer at Mindark: You guys don't understand, It's supposed to be a moon. How can a moon have 2 ped tp fee?
Jr Sven: errrr...
Ark team: And what about this thing that people spawn in lootable space?
jr Sven: errr, yeah well we forgot to put that in and you guys didn't have money to pay for another space station for the moon so...
Ark team: And what about people spawning in lootable space from Ark?
Jr Sven: err.. yeah because the moon was so close to ark we moved the spawn location, we didnt know it was pvp lootable.
Jr Sven: since we only have money for a Junior programmer, because the main team had to be sacked, here's what I'll do. I don't know how to program the removal of the 2 ped fee, so I will simply remove it from all the planets, that easier, just delete a few lines of code. We didn't make money off it anyway, and we can pretend we cared, while in fact I don't actually know how to do it.
And this lootable thing.. I dont know how to create a non-pvp zone in space, but I can draw a sphere from the middle of the moon and make that non-lootable, ok? And for the ark spawn point, we can rollback to an earlier state, and then put it all in. Some bugs will reappear, but the players will be so thankful for the 2 ped fee, they will overlook it.. hmmok?

Ark team: :confused::eyecrazy::hammer:

Ark team to Sven the junior programmer at Mindark: You guys don't understand, It's supposed to be a moon. How can a moon have 2 ped tp fee?
jr Sven: errr, yeah well we forgot to put that in and you guys didn't have money to pay for another space station for the moon so...
Jr Sven: err.. yeah because the moon was so close to ark we moved the spawn location, we didnt know it was pvp lootable.
Jr Sven: since we only have money for a Junior programmer, because the main team had to be sacked, here's what I'll do. I don't know how to program the removal of the 2 ped fee, so I will simply remove it from all the planets, that easier, just delete a few lines of code. We didn't make money off it anyway, and we can pretend we cared, while in fact I don't actually know how to do it.
And this lootable thing.. I dont know how to create a non-pvp zone in space, but I can draw a sphere from the middle of the moon and make that non-lootable, ok? And for the ark spawn point, we can rollback to an earlier state, and then put it all in. Some bugs will reappear, but the players will be so thankful for the 2 ped fee, they will overlook it.. hmmok?

That about sum up how exactly it happened. Other than you did forget that Sven got a very late night call from David yelling once again bloody murder!

"DO NOT MAKE ME HAVE TO FLY ALL THE WAY TO Sweden Again!?!?!%$#!"

too believable

EU (PE) was in the past even more an "anarchy" game than what it is now.
PvP zones always existed... Lootable and non lootable.
The whole Amethera continent is a PvP zone. Even land areas can be turn to PvP zone by their owners.
There is some Forts where you can create pure PvP events.
Land grabs are pure PvP events.
Rig is a PvP zone where people fight for PED. (the whole story of this game) :handgun:

Total bollox.

I'm an old player, I've never liked PVP, I don't like it now. Never once got shot in Amethera and I've hunted there tons. Never done the rig more than a few minutes. Never done a land grab - I just DON'T LIKE IT... Anything not clear about that?

Now I have several completely separate sets of stackables on various planets - that's absurd.

Oh, and did I mention, I DON'T LIKE GETTING SHOT. I also don't like getting loved up and spending all night at a rave (well, not any more) but I don't object to anyone else doing that, just don't oblige me to do it (or do it anywhere near my house).

And before some wag comes out with "then stay on one planet and don't do space" …. don't even think I might be bothered to consider biting that line.

I accept that space is PVP but I don't like it, never will like it, don't have to like it. Getting shot in space is about as interesting as finding dog shit on my shoe during a walk in the park.

Total bollox.

I'm an old player, I've never liked PVP, I don't like it now. Never once got shot in Amethera and I've hunted there tons. Never done the rig more than a few minutes. Never done a land grab - I just DON'T LIKE IT... Anything not clear about that?

Now I have several completely separate sets of stackables on various planets - that's absurd.

Oh, and did I mention, I DON'T LIKE GETTING SHOT. I also don't like getting loved up and spending all night at a rave (well, not any more) but I don't object to anyone else doing that, just don't oblige me to do it (or do it anywhere near my house).

And before some wag comes out with "then stay on one planet and don't do space" …. don't even think I might be bothered to consider biting that line.

I accept that space is PVP but I don't like it, never will like it, don't have to like it. Getting shot in space is about as interesting as finding dog shit on my shoe during a walk in the park.

To your point, the incompleteness of space, the largeness, and the complete pvpness without purpose (piracy/theft depending on your view) is the biggest hinderance to the proliferation and success of planet partners. Right now, space is just going with old processes just looking for very minimal reasons to exist and avoid a forced and useless mechanic (piracy) at the moment that at its root has no real purpose. There are no missions, big space battles with rewards, extra dimensions of space ships and fleets that were promised with the introduction of equus (and the extra transport fees).

The lack of foresight here on the damage this is causing is pretty amazing. You can keep space if you want to give it purpose and better quality of life systems. What you have now is very single dimensional and a nuisance to the player base and to the planet partners they look to help keep the company's coffers full.

Total bollox.

Ditto (mostly) ;)

+rep.

... I also don't like getting loved up and spending all night at a rave (well, not any more) but I don't object to anyone else doing that, just don't oblige me to do it (or do it anywhere near my house)....

This can't be said enough times IMO.

The lack of foresight here on the damage this is causing is pretty amazing. You can keep space if you want to give it purpose and better quality of life systems. What you have now is very single dimensional and a nuisance to the player base and to the planet partners they look to help keep the company's coffers full.

With or without PVP, space could be so much more.

Maybe someone could convince them to just turn lootable PVP off for 30 days and see what happens. :confused:

EDIT: They could call it "the diaspora" or something and bring the giant mobs as shared. Robot patrols all over. Have an event of it

Last edited:
To your point, the incompleteness of space, the largeness, and the complete pvpness without purpose (piracy/theft depending on your view) is the biggest hinderance to the proliferation and success of planet partners.

ever considered this might be intentional?
MA has a monetary interest in drawing and keeping players to Calypso instead of letting them spend their money on Toulan or Ark, where they may have started.
and it is always easy to claim "You PlanetPartner, your planet sux, no wonder players leave toward Caly".
While PP has a hard time to prove that wrong.

sadly this concept works out for MA, because lootable space PVP hinders transportation of goods, which makes it unattractive for me to travel to other planets.

Total bollox. ~~ snip ~~

No!

That you don´t like it, never did it or never liked it, does not change the fact that it was there from start.

Nothing else did Cirrus say, and he is absolutely right.

PvP in EU is as old as EU itself.

If you don´t like it, don´t enter it, easy as that.

No!

That you don´t like it, never did it or never liked it, does not change the fact that it was there from start.

Nothing else did Cirrus say, and he is absolutely right.

PvP in EU is as old as EU itself.

Yep, Cirrus is 100% right.
No, we don't want to admit he is.
Yes, we have our reasons. We do have em indeed.

Yet, PvP was part of the Project Entropia right from the start. Doesn't mean PvP as such was terribly popular for every last player. That's never the case (goes for every major MMO out there). Which is to say, we're fucking carebears, pretty much all of us.
Despite all this, the old original Land Grab was a wild success and a veritable mass event. That same Average Joe who usually doesn't really care much about PvP was positively thrilled by all the fraking hoot and crazy fun it was. As unbelievable as it sounds today, all this actually happened in this very game.

What we can learn from all that--it's not really a yes-PvP/no-PvP problem.
We always tend to forget this, but in the end of the day it all boils down to sheer talent (or "cool new ideas" as we call it), and high quality implementation. Or at least implementation that doesn't totally botch the original idea. The thing is, people in average are always the same but the whole world changes when the supernova of a real real talent is born.

Sadly, those are cosmic events, extremely rare and they never last. Welcome back to mundane everyday reality with the junior programmer Sven.

Welcome back to mundane everyday reality with the junior programmer Sven.

It's been said many times - forcing gameplay choices means fewer people will want to play (or recommend it to others). Changing stuff which has worked in the past may lose you people who preferred the past version, but you may not gain as many new players, especially if the previous gameplay was actually better.

I liked the fort events, which is cheap pvp and fighting for the competition reward, not loots. One problem was the ability to cheat (I believe shooting through walls) and poor team balancing option implementation. The events still sit there on Caly, but they may as well be over at Howling Mine in space for all the action they see now.

So much has been implemented poorly and with no believable roadmap of development. Even a junior programmer with guidance of what program DNA to tweat or bring back could make superb changes - no 'new' code needed.

Still, what we have now instead of dinosaur world is chicken world. Still, there will always be farmers I guess :)

No!

Hey buddy, why don't you fix that up so I don't have to?

Then I'm with you 100%.

Despite all this, the old original Land Grab was a wild success and a veritable mass event.

It was a terrible lagfest that crashed hard. Marco came into IRC chat and apologized.

And it wasn't a mass event. Arbitrary skill requirements kept many out of the event.

It was a terrible lagfest ...
Yep, it was. It was a terrible lagfest quite often even without big events. By today's standards, I'm sure nobody would even log in to a game like that. Yet back then, they did, and kept coming back. Apparently ppl thought it was worth it.

Anyway, you're right, it's not like it was all one big bed of roses. It just sucked a different way.

With mass event I didn't count just the competing teams. I counted in all the noobs who were there as spectators, occasionally got killed by accident but didn't mean it. I know I was one of them... (and in a sense still am). :smoke:

ever considered this might be intentional?
MA has a monetary interest in drawing and keeping players to Calypso instead of letting them spend their money on Toulan or Ark, where they may have started.
and it is always easy to claim "You PlanetPartner, your planet sux, no wonder players leave toward Caly".
While PP has a hard time to prove that wrong.

sadly this concept works out for MA, because lootable space PVP hinders transportation of goods, which makes it unattractive for me to travel to other planets.

Of course I would consider it possible that it is intentional. But we do nkt know if it really is and I would like to think that it is not. If it is, the types of companies that would market and sell license to attract planet partners and then also work to sabotage them is underhanded, corrupt, and actually criminal. I am just going to (for now) go with bad/incomplete game design. Especially when the platform also has a vested interest in planet partners succeeding because of the decay splits and continued development that the PPs have to pay mindark for.

Back