Mining Changes Since "Decreased Volatility" adjustments Spring 2018

Hell mining enmatter:
75-80% of the 100 drops runs are ~50% return
25415 drops: 80,38% return
7-9 SOOTOs

overall mining (planet/hell amped/umamped ore/enmatter) combined:
51424 drops - 48185 in - 40072,64 out - 86,77% return

I do same mining as i ever do. Visite all my good places periodical, drop tons of probes unamped and use 106 with 2 tier. There are realy some rare runs, where i loose 30-40%, but most it is near 100% payback or higher. If it is bad, i just change the place or stop for a break, then i continue. In longterm it looks good for me, since i has stop to do risky things.

Ofc, mining is not every day the same. Some times the hit rate is low, some times not. Also the claim size change a lot. So best is, if you feel is bad, just stop or try other places. If it is nice, drop like hell and get lucky :)

Please don't mix your indoor experienced findings with planetside ones. Are two different things!
If you don't have enough results, then just read thread and don't comment.

Example: I do runs planetside with L3 -L4-L5-L6 amps. Results are good, sometimes over 100% with MU!
When i go indoor with amp and do few drops (50-200), just to gable a little, is like I'm shuting down my loot chances! Some runs are terrible and awful (10%-50%)! Unamped is tottaly different story (and less stressful ofc). That means 100-200 or even 300 drops indoor is nothing to get a robust conclusion!

PS. I'm Mining with F-105 tier3 on RT/Hell mostly and FOMA/Caly less. No other place. So I'm talking about these places.

Last edited:
If you drop enough probes you're near 92% TT but nothing to do about markup. If you're not able to move the stacks for an average of 108% + you're burning your bankroll.

92% TT? It is very good!!. Do you need to play for free? You must consider this is not public charity: Mindark´s people work to bring food to their family. ;)

(I remember 10 years ago when people dreamed of getting at least 90% return ... :laugh: )

I agree with Divinity.

Planetside mining is not bad and my hitrate has been pushing over 70% often. Claim sizes aren't the best but I'm getting 83%ish returns... PLANETSIDE.

Indoor mining is in the toilet. Hit rate punitively decrease and the claim sizes? VIs, VIIs and VIIS Ores? That's what planetside mining is for.... occasionally hitting VIs - VIIs.

Putting on a D-class and hitting XII ores? MA should be ashamed. It's one thing to decrease the hitrate indoors (like it wasn't poor enough before) but to lower the claim sizes as well. Even meth addict carnies are shaking their heads at that move.

Planetside mining is not bad and my hitrate has been pushing over 70% often. Claim sizes aren't the best but I'm getting 83%ish returns... PLANETSIDE.

Indoor mining is in the toilet. Hit rate punitively decrease and the claim sizes? VIs, VIIs and VIIS Ores? That's what planetside mining is for.... occasionally hitting VIs - VIIs.

Putting on a D-class and hitting XII ores? MA should be ashamed. It's one thing to decrease the hitrate indoors (like it wasn't poor enough before) but to lower the claim sizes as well. Even meth addict carnies are shaking their heads at that move.

For me, indoor mining was ever bad, if i used amps. But once i got a tower in UG, unamped. But then i lost all with using amps on indor places. This is a while ago, if you got better returns indoor, as yet. My last try on Foma was a desaster, and i think i dont will visite that place again.

For me, indoor mining was ever bad, if i used amps. But once i got a tower in UG, unamped. But then i lost all with using amps on indor places. This is a while ago, if you got better returns indoor, as yet. My last try on Foma was a desaster, and i think i dont will visite that place again.

Returns for me indoors are crap. Never used to have so many dry runs indoors. When I do indoor mining it is strictly angry gambling. I even bought an assload of TT finders and a bunch of probes and double drop bombed every single inch of dome 16. I don't mine the bottom domes because of the mobs there, so 16 should have had all kinds of stuff for me, but nada. Nothing. Not one claim. MA really screwed the pooch on it.

That's pretty normal for planetside
non-so-much-fun fact: my worst run planet side was 61% return...

99.99% planetside this week. Sad! :laugh:

(not much cycled though as retreating in time is the most important skill)

Please don't mix your indoor experienced findings with planetside ones. Are two different things!
If you don't have enough results, then just read thread and don't comment.

I really do not see that much differents at all.

Planetside I do 100 x 100 drops and indoor 40 x 40 and results are about the same.

The only differents I experienced is that HR is higher planetside with smaller claims and lower HR indoor mining with bigger claims, but results are close

I tried it at many different depths with always the same outcome, always unamped ofc

Last edited:
Planetside mining is not bad and my hitrate has been pushing over 70% often.

HR of 70% ???

I think you mean TT return???

HR of 70% would be insane high and I would kill for that

Last edited:
I really do not see that much differents at all.

Planetside I do 100 x 100 drops and indoor 40 x 40 and results are about the same.

The only differents I experienced is that HR is higher planetside with smaller claims and lower HR indoor mining with bigger claims, but results are close

I tried it at many different depths with always the same outcome, always unamped ofc

it is not the first time for me with similar result when I'm dropping 100-200 PED, but as an example of indoor shitty HR if I risk for such run.
yesterday 12-15-2018
Hell - 105 drops (2100 probes) with F-105/no amp (ore only, 1 PED each drop!) - total hits 2 - total return 29 PED!

it is not the first time for me with similar result when I'm dropping 100-200 PED, but as an example of indoor shitty HR if I risk for such run.
yesterday 12-15-2018
Hell - 105 drops (2100 probes) with F-105/no amp (ore only, 1 PED each drop!) - total hits 2 - total return 29 PED!

In hell i had runs with 100 double drops and get noting. It also hapen in UG and Foma, if you hit the super unlucky day.

HR of 70% ???

I think you mean TT return???

HR of 70% would be insane high and I would kill for that

No, hit rate. Not hard to achieve when you do short 30 unamped double drop runs. Trick is being able to find and ride a cluster for all it's worth. My TT return often falls below 70% because MA thinks people use regular finders so they can get IIs and IIIs of TT trash instead of the TT finder and that they do double drops so they can find mostly enmats.

The hit rate is good, the returns not so good. The only thing saving my planetside mining is Typo, duru, gazz, igni and garcen all have decent MU and I can get a salable stack after several runs.

I wholeheartedly believe that hit rate is wave based and when you are riding the crest, you can't drop probes fast enough. I don't believe that honeycombing is an effective method anymore. If you drop every 110m, you are missing A LOT of claims. And we all know that it's not about if you are putting nickles or quarters in the slot machine, but how many times the handle gets pulled.

I bolded that because I want to begin a discussion about the ill effects of Loot Lag on mining which I will do in another thread.

Last edited:
A HR of 70% would be insane ....

hitrating.jpg

Here I done 20 drops X 2 and I dont have a HR of 90% but 45% cause I did 2 x 20 drops

I assume you did 100 drops enm + ore so you have 200 drops with a HR of 70% makes 35 %

Since my HR here is ok (see it as a test) I'll keep mining at the same place :)

Back