PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

why reimburse high risk investment?

So...I bought a bunch of biotec shares the other week. They plummeted from $100 to $25 within days when the company found out the product they were making wasn't sellable.

But guess what! NASDAQ contacted me and wants to trade my crappy shares with shares that actually pay dividend! WOW, I had no idea the stock market worked that way!

Or wait...am I still sleeping, dreaming all this?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or wait...am I still sleeping, dreaming all this?
    the difference is, that EU is not a heavily regulated financial market empowered by the most educated people, but a tiny company's funny project that sadly failed and they dunno why.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

3. 09-21-2018, 16:38
    Reason
    3.1 - Spamming/Flooding/Trolling, 3.2 - Off Topic

The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nah take it easy bro, I never called anyone Hitler. If you read my post you'll find it's true. All I'm saying, MA went soft on investors and I don't agree with their decision, or the business philosophy behind it. But, that's just a subjective opinion of one person, other ppl may disagree with me and I'm perfectly OK with that.

Also, Sionkewitz reminded me it's not the time to stir up emotions. As much as I would like to argue against it, have to admit he's 100% correct. So, please, accept my apologies, everyone I might have offended. I'll step down now and rest my case.

What's done is done anyway, time to move on.

Banned
    Naming Policy Violation
    To the point of derailed thread.

It sure helps Conpet deed owners who still lose a ton, but the move is totally desperate. They saw how bad their projects get financed, when they screw the community so bad. *beep*coin fiasco was a good example how community pulled a finger on them.

Investors will still lose a lot, but don't get fooled by the move. The payment to A team and Conpet deed campaign will be financed from TT. In no known or parallel universe it will be possible, that Timkrans and the clown company will pay for it themselves. Maybe they financed it from *beep*token sales? And then finance *beep*token from next "investment" plan?

From Mindarks point of view, it's a brilliant move. +rep for the move, though whole community will pay for it, but with their next shenanigans Rick and the investment team will remember this move yesterday and will invest again, even more they put into Conpet

Well played PR team, well played! (Y)

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    What I'd like to see is how exactly did they volatilize 2 million dollars. I seriously want to see a report on this.

Ok we lost, it was a risk. Fair enough, little compensation? cool very nice. But how on earth did you burn $2M, the game isn't even on alpha by most standards.

Sorry for anyone that lost big, don't listen to the smarty pants. I'll learn from this mistake and hopefully never fall for it again.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    But how on earth did you burn $2M, the game isn't even on alpha by most standards.
    They never said that all deeds are sold. For all we know, they might have sold only a half (so much at least they stated in the first compet bulletin). And time flies fast but it's been 4 years already, all the while they had had to pay to the 3rd party dev team of 10 people, because I doubt those agreed to work for dreams and promises.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    They never said that all deeds are sold. For all we know, they might have sold only a half (so much at least they stated in the first compet bulletin). And time flies fast but it's been 4 years already, all the while they had had to pay to the 3rd party dev team of 10 people, because I doubt those agreed to work for dreams and promises.
    Fair enough, I thought all deeds sold out.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    Is there a saying in English that everything has a final drop (of water) that can end it? In German, it's the drop that makes the barrel overflow; in English the equivalent I know is the last straw.

If it can rain on Dune, it can rain anywhere jetsina.

One of the problems (there were several) was those that bought deeds in Compet didn't even bother to play it, let alone promote it or tell others about it. This I found more than surprising.

This is no longer relevant, but part of what went wrong - especially with Mindark relying on word of mouth advertising. It shouldn't be relied upon any more. It clearly doesn't work.

Stay Home______________________________ Play Entropia______________________________Stay Safe

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stig Chronos Brannlund
    Society
    Project-Asylum Corp
    Images
    I see this a MUST move for Mindark. Or they would loose the respect for future Deed types and owners...

that said, one should have been allowed to chose wheather to get a Calypso Land Deed or some of the Arkadian ones!
    Wealth is too Precious to be Entrusted to the Rich

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chronos View Post
    I see this a MUST move for Mindark. Or they would loose the respect for future Deed types and owners...

that said, one should have been allowed to chose wheather to get a Calypso Land Deed or some of the Arkadian ones!
    1. not a must, but a fair move done by MA.

2. not doable for CLD/AUD, as all these deeds are sold out, MA donīt have any left.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast