PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That link is an interesting read, especially as MA continued to advise deed holders and players that MA were continuing development. Are we not to trust and believe in statements made from the CEO? It's bordering on a police investigation to be fair, not that I'm prepared to use the "F" word at this stage

Now that emotions have calmed down, it's a lot easier to assess the issues with a clear head. It doesn't really matter how well MA have wrapped this up with smoke and mirrors (quite cleverly, as usual), the message is dangerously clear:

Where MA have often got away with slow development for systems they sell to us (stables an example), to my knowledge they've not continually made statements to investors or the community to "mislead" investors with the intention of not delivering on those promises stated in Bulletin #1 or recent posts from the CEO McCormick spoke about in his post.

It leaves loads of unanswered questions for Stables owners. They will not be selling pets to Compet now, plus other promises that those investors paid for. What is left form them, after rings that came after pets destroyed sale buffs for them. Are they too supposed to be torn down by some of the community for their trust in MA?

In my opinion MA's current offer doesn't come close to resolving the compensation due, based on the misleading facts of sale and CEO statements.

So regardless what happens with this, and it certainly will not be all over once the deed swap completes. MA have got a huge problem with selling anything in future unless it's 100% completed before sale. Ark Moon deeds is a prime example, and that's before this Compet nuke hit us.

The game simply can't run on player deposits, it needs investors to survive. If that wasn't true MA wouldn't keep trying to sell us stuff. So for those attacking the investors, try and enjoy your entertainment without us. I'm approaching one month without deposit, and the ball in 100% in MA's court right now, to if that situation continues. Now multiply that up by 100+ investors. Now throw in withdraws without investor deposits.

The TT zero sum game often spouted to make some feel all cuddly and warm that the game is fine, doesn't take into account years of TT in peoples inventories that can be withdrawn. Was it 110m?, I can't be bothered to refer to the accounts, I'm just making a point that investors are critical to the future of this game.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Last edited by San; 09-23-2018 at 05:43.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    to sum it all up:

MA builds up a massive distrust into all their promises and future "investments".
    such a massive distrust, that MA now can actually *count* the distrust by the number of unsold deeds.
    after all, so many AMD remained in the shelf, that MA could re-use tenth of thousands of unsold deeds to throw them at ComPet deed holders.
    which MA had not done, if they had not already charged them off.

this distrust in recoverability of their future investments is poison for MAs business concept.

if i were MA, i would rebuild my customer's trust, faith, confidence BY ALL MEANS, vulgo by keeping at least *some* promises, or by fixing the bugged product.
    but what do i know? i only do lead a sustainable company...
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    ...to be torn down by some of the community for their trust in MA?
    No no, you got it all wrong Rick. You think your trust in somebody is a currency? You pay them trust, they pay you in goods and services?
    Well, there's grain of truth in this. You're a useful tool... until you're not. Regardless, in the big picture, you're still responsible for your own decisions. If you gave up your freedom to decide and let someone else do it for you, this is a decision too.

The ComPets project had 1 in 1000 chance to break through. They were too late, market was already over-saturated, they had no original idea and no resources to push it through with raw power. Thus, 1:1000 probability to succeed. Not zero, it's never zero in the real world... but 1:1000 is beyond "high risk investment", this is more like death wish.

OK, so you didn't trust your own ability to figure out the odds, so you decided to gamble. Because that's what it is. Just pick one side at random and hope they made the right bet.

Well, fair enough, but then you also have to admit this was a decision you made. It was you, not MA who made that decision and not the opposite one. You can't now shy away from all responsibility and put it ALL on MA.

Remember, if nobody would have invested in that project, it would never even started. And consequently, we wouldn't be in this situation today. That's how important our decisions are in those situations. Pretty freakin' important I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    OK, so you didn't trust your own ability to figure out the odds, so you decided to gamble. Because that's what it is. Just pick one side at random and hope they made the right bet.

Well, fair enough, but then you also have to admit this was a decision you made. It was you, not MA who made that decision and not the opposite one. You can't now shy away from all responsibility and put it ALL on MA.

Remember, if nobody would have invested in that project, it would never even started. And consequently, we wouldn't be in this situation today. That's how important our decisions are in those situations. Pretty freakin' important I would say.
    My own balancing of the EU situation was that the RCE idea is was/is a good enough concept not taken up by others that even slipping downwards would not cause EU/MA to fail (any time soon - back then). That is why I bought some CLDs.
    My balancing on Compet was indeed that it would be unlikely to succeed, in that the idea simply wasn't enough to overcome the obvious failings which long-term players have seen from the company, when in a more competitive market. That is why I just bought a few deeds, knowing full well what my assessment was.

It doesn't mean people shouldn't complain about things having gone very wrong, but as others have pointed out, it was hardly a surprise. That is what reputation is all about - and how it may influence trust and confidence over time ...

Banned
    Naming Policy Violation

Well, fair enough, but then you also have to admit this was a decision you made.
    Mindark pushed investment "idea" to it's playerbase. Many, still living with blindfolds, ate it up. They never though beyond the actual statement.

It's like a ponzi scheme. Any person who can think clearly and see beyond the promises, will skip on that "investment" opportunity and will try to warn others.

The point being in this case, or any other Mindarks "investment" case, is not 1 in 1000 chance, but the fact, that they deliberately come out with these 1 of 1000 chance ideas, that never work out and only ones 100% profiting from this idea, is them, top of the pyramid.

Stalker
    BB BB Punisher
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Just curious How much are the moon deeds paying out?

Quote Originally Posted by BBpunisher View Post
    Just curious How much are the moon deeds paying out?
    ~0.0075 per day according to my records.

Rick and others who lost on Compet deeds...it sucks and I do feel bad for you guys,but let's not forget that every little thing you buy in here it's a virtual asset,that can evaporate tomorrow or when ever MA shuts down the servers...you eighter live with that,or stop logging in.
    And like Atrax said,speak to any investor and they will tell you that it's better to cut your loses and THE MOST IMPORTANT thing about investing....NEVER invest money you can't afford to lose!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images

Hi Fifth;

ok I'll tell you why I stuck with it, even though it wasn't looking good.

Those deeds were sold on the back of a delivery scope, even vaguely delivery timescales as well. So it was always in the back of my mind, that it didn't matter how long Ma took, they were committed to the 'scope" they agreed for the money taken. Then if they ever walked away from the project, they had no option "legally" but to reimburse the deed holders in full. Hence why regardless what some think, MA had to offer compensation, if they failed to deliver the scope they sold.

So in many ways holding the deeds, had a backstop (i.e. protection).

My mistake was two fold. Firstly, I never assumed MA would use the market collapse for Compet deeds to base their compensation (because that was a low blow, and well off my radar). Compet is still open but it will close once the deed swap is complete, it's called "positioning". At the moment Compet is nicely worded as suspended to limit MA's exposure waiting for Compet deeds to be swapped for Ark Moon deeds.

Secondly believing MA had taken steps with EU pets, ready to have those connections with Compet (as promised). Which is a fair assumption as they reduced the size of old school pets to make them the same. And have often changed the size 'gradually' of other EU pets to bring them in line with what they're working too behind the scenes for EU pets. So something was in the pipe line for EU pets, and it had to be for Compet.

So basically I felt protected (like many other compet deed holders, I'd assume). The reality is Ma are very slippery characters, and I should've know better to trust them. Hey-Ho. It's just going to take a ton of time to bounce back.

My issue is the time I invested in both EU pets and compet pets, the money is another matter. I just want to get this deed swap done, and move on.

edit: It's a case of having to take the Ark deeds, rather than wanting too. At the moment I feel I'm walking from one disaster to another. Although Ma have us by the balls, unless anyone is brave enough to hold their compet until the December date expires and hope for a better outcome....although that comes with many more risks.

Rick
    Last edited by RickEngland; 09-24-2018 at 10:27.
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast