ComPet Announcement

One thing i don't understand is, are the compet deeds going to continue to payout if/when they ever reach the threshold? If so is the payouts divided by the new number of deeds in the universe or still by 200,000?

What payout? The project is done. Although the server is still running for some reason, you can't even do arena battles anymore and you can't deposit money so there can't be any revenue.

But even if it still worked, the payouts for non-existing / yet unsold part of deeds are kept by the devs and aren't divided between existing deeds, as it was with AUD and as it is with AMD.

I'm rather new and plus have taken the break lately from the game, therefore the question for long timers...How many times MA compensated community for 'lost investments"? I'm sort of familiar with hunger-space ship debacle, but outside of that?... Just surprised they do it unless there is a 'legal' pressure to clean this mess before embarking on new ways to monetize 'EU mobile platforms'.

I remember when the bug with Thorkells Cave shops happened, they compensated by giving the original paid price back, and gave the right to buy the shop again at same price when it will be fixed. To fix it, they had to remove it completely and they also deleted the cave.
They never managed to fix it, seems there was a problem with this shops beeing in a cave underground (no clue what it actually was, that made it impossible for MA to fix it).
A long time passed with nothing happened (from players side of view, dont know from MA side of view), then they made the Deer Mall and those who once bought a Thorkells shop and got their refund, had the right to buy one of the Mall Shops at same price as they originally paid for Thorkells Cave Shop.
Considering the size of the shops, this new Mall Shops was even better, but it has not that nice athmosphere than Thorkells Cave had.

When space was introduced and hangars became obsolete, the hangar owners have been compensated with Privateer.

Thats the thinks I actually remember, maybe there is more.

One thing i don't understand is, are the compet deeds going to continue to payout if/when they ever reach the threshold? If so is the payouts divided by the new number of deeds in the universe or still by 200,000?

Compet and payouts as we known it are dead I guess. All the 'coding' (financed in part by sale of compet deeds) to make EU related pets 'mobile ready' is not. And 'deep token' was all about selling and facilitating the transferring of ip rights for that 'coding' as well if i understood it right...

I guess they are in legal limbo, they can't take Compet to 'others' until they fix the 'seed' money from EU players, as no one will want to deal with it, so there is an 'fair exchange'. But they said it's on Calypso (where most would expect it), and just failed to deliver it, so there is an 'excuse' for whoever holds.. what a mess

Meanwhile MA is losing (literally every day) on not taking/linking this game to the mobile world, where just simple linking the pets to the original game, or implementing 'mining on your streets', or... would add a new dimension to the game and attract new players...

Last edited:
What payout? The project is done. Although the server is still running for some reason, you can't even do arena battles anymore and you can't deposit money so there can't be any revenue.

But even if it still worked, the payouts for non-existing / yet unsold part of deeds are kept by the devs and aren't divided between existing deeds, as it was with AUD and as it is with AMD.

Thanks for the post, i didn't realise one could no longer depo on compet

Meanwhile MA is losing (literally every day) on not taking/linking this game to the mobile world, where just simple linking the pets to the original game, or implementing 'mining on your streets', or... would add a new dimension to the game and attract new players...

They already have an app to log in to EU from mobile, but it is restriced.
I don´t have it, so I cant say in detail, but what I know is:
You have access to auctions with this app (trading)
and not 100% sure, but think you can also craft using the app.

What is not possible is mining or hunting.

So there is already a tiny link to mobile world.

If they would have success with compet it would have been an awesome addition.
Many warned the competion in mobile world with PET training games is mean, and chance to success is minimal, especially because we know MA coding speed (fairly slow, as they have a small crew and they also need to maintain EU and planet calypso, since the sale of Caly was canceld, on top it looks like MA has to manage NI aswell atm).
So MA has a lot work to do, and simply couldn´t focus 100% on the new project, this in the mobile market that is a lot thougher than PC market, very bad odds.

I really would have liked to see MAs success with compet, but my fear that they will fail was stronger so I didn´t invest into it, and sadly I was right.
Others have been more opptimistic (as MA themselves), those now taking the loss.

The compensation MA is doing with the exchange to moon deeds, is a very kind move.
If I would have invested in Compet I surely would take it, better a little something than nothing.

That they fail to deliver the NPC at Caly, well not that big issue.
Flying to Ark to convert the Compet Deeds is very marginal if you have invested big in Compet Deeds.

Flying to Ark to convert the Compet Deeds is very marginal if you have invested big in Compet Deeds.

So i have not been here present for the past 4-6 years.
Can you tell me exactly how to get to NPC in Arkadia from Port Atlantis?
I have 50 Deeds and I find it insulting that they offer so little time and only place NPC at location which players from old times do not know how to get to.
I feel like it would be very easy for me to miss the deadline.

So i have not been here present for the past 4-6 years.
Can you tell me exactly how to get to NPC in Arkadia from Port Atlantis?

Arkadia is another planet. So you will need to travel through lootable space.
If you don´t have a spacevehicle (quad, sleipnir) with a space thurster you can also use a warp service.

Arkadia is another planet. So you will need to travel through lootable space.
If you don´t have a spacevehicle (quad, sleipnir) with a space thurster you can also use a warp service.

That I know. I literary did not know how to space travel, but now bought VTOL and some other crap to get me there.
Almost lost my patience through that trying to navigate with my trackpad since my laptop does not have a mouse, but I finally got there. Then spent half an hour looking for that damned NPC...

why?? Why just not give me those 20 damned Arkadia deeds for my 50 Compet deeds. I am already loosing so much value, why make me suffer even more?

Is there really a choice to make? What will happen to deed holders who will not exchange? It was never stated.Why would anyone chose not to exchange? Is it simply deliberately made harder so more ppl would not notice and bother to exchange and loose 100% of their investment? That is really ugly.

+ Original post stated there will be NPC in Port Atlantis.

all part of the plan set up with the CEO's statement that the npc would be on Calypso... or so the theory could go... blatantly false information given as 'better communication'

I mean I never even saw this thread or announcement until the recent string of posts today. Time to make a trip over to Arkadia I guess.

They already have an app to log in to EU from mobile, but it is restriced.
I don´t have it, so I cant say in detail, but what I know is:
You have access to auctions with this app (trading)
and not 100% sure, but think you can also craft using the app.

What is not possible is mining or hunting.

So there is already a tiny link to mobile world.

If they would have success with compet it would have been an awesome addition.
Many warned the competion in mobile world with PET training games is mean, and chance to success is minimal, especially because we know MA coding speed (fairly slow, as they have a small crew and they also need to maintain EU and planet calypso, since the sale of Caly was canceld, on top it looks like MA has to manage NI aswell atm).
So MA has a lot work to do, and simply couldn´t focus 100% on the new project, this in the mobile market that is a lot thougher than PC market, very bad odds.

I really would have liked to see MAs success with compet, but my fear that they will fail was stronger so I didn´t invest into it, and sadly I was right.
Others have been more opptimistic (as MA themselves), those now taking the loss.

The compensation MA is doing with the exchange to moon deeds, is a very kind move.
If I would have invested in Compet I surely would take it, better a little something than nothing.

The biggest reason it failed, is because MA don't advertise . . . ever! (banners to people already playing, is not advertising)

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: MA have never believed in advertising -its crazy. The economy has been shrinking ever since CLD's come out. (This can be clearly seen from the weekly revenue, which is a direct correlation to how much ped is cycled in game) It's getting smaller and smaller - but no, MA sit blindly in their board room and try to get the player base on yearly big spending sprees to pay for the next year. But now they aren't delivering on those anymore, 'Statues or stables anyone?' they are running out. If they don't advertise soon and big, i fear for this game.

The biggest reason it failed, is because MA don't advertise . . . ever! (banners to people already playing, is not advertising)

Also because they are technically incompetent to a degree that I never thought possible. Everything they developed is bugged in some way, every time they change one thing they break two.

And things stay broken for months and even years, but they don't care either.

This has been going on for years, I would have lost my job on the 2nd or 3rd fuck up tops.

Back