Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images

AMA Ask Me Anything Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Letter from the CEO

Entropians,
    When I was announced as the new CEO of MindArk I stated that one of my priorities would be improved communication between MindArk and the community. As you may have noticed, there has not yet been so much communication from my side.
    We now have a solid plan in place to implement that vision.
    I realized the incredible potential of Entropia Universe immediately upon creating my avatar and logging in for the first time. It has now become my job to ensure that MindArk achieves that potential. There are many things that we can improve in Entropia Universe, including the relationship and communication with the community.
    Finally, I am planning to do an AMA (Ask Me Anything) sometime in the near future, either on the Entropia Universe subreddit or on PlanetCalypsoForum.com. More detailed info to come soon!

Kind regards,
    Henrik Nel
    CEO, MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here
    Hi Henrik and thanks for reaching out to us finally. It really sounds too good to be true, so let's move on and use this nice momentum, before it enlightens into Nirvana.

This shall be the thread to compile your Ask-Me-Anything-Questions, so people, please keep it civil and clean, and rather start separate threads for any discussions. Feel very welcome to lean back, think a few minutes, and then your shoot your most important question(s) @CEO right here...

Maybe it would also help Henrik if you classify your viewpoint, like it's a newbie, nondepo, funhunter, sozializer, investor/stakeholder, ubergrinder or whatever else point of view, in your own humble opinion.

I'll keep my Q for a later reply. Good think takes time...
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Alpha
    Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Someone have McCormicks email address? Please forward url to this thread. Thank you

Edit:
    Last edited by LuisArkadov; 09-25-2018 at 16:22.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let's start with already asked questions that were never answered yet... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...70-Ask-MindArk (hint to improve customer communication: Some of those unanswered threads already have over 2 k views. Also look at emissary facebook thing that still has a live page, etc if I remember correctly)...

Next q... what about that affiliate program that's been mentioned over and over but never implemented yet? (you do know something like that, which was promised for compets but never delivered could have made it more profitable than it was...?)

Next q... going back to 2007 answers... etc. When are the new estates broker still holds for omegaton, etc being released?

Post 221
    Will there be more shops available at places like Genesis, Omegaton, Sakura?
    Submitted by Violet

Yes.

At last check a Lot of apartments and estates have broker name still, and many don't even have working estate terminals that can get you that much info so I don't think there was ever deeds made for em yet despite the 2007 promise and a bunch of new planets being created

Probably a lot more in that 2007 thread to address that still isn't here if anyone wants to do some digging.

Regarding McCormick this is on e.p. too. Give him a few hours... oh, and Mr. CEO, please look at McCormick's blog for another listing of unfinished things.. actually his list is probably THE MOST comprehensive list created thus far...
    http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.com/

and believe it or not THAT LIST ORIGINALLY STARTED HERE IN THE FORUMS!! (most likely as a way to communicate with previous devs/CEO, etc.)!... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...=1#post2663924
    Last edited by mastermesh; 09-25-2018 at 22:38.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Suzanne Trifle Gizmos
    Society
    Soldiers of Fortune
    Images
    We invested in a stable, when will we actually have more than just a claim marker?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    Dude! Where's my apartment?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Ya know... there's probably 1001 questions people would love to ask MA but I think about 95%+ of all the questions that people are going to ask will revolve around one simple word... "WHEN?"

Over the years there have been A LOT of promises made - more than can even be listed here. More than Blizzard could keep up with if they had promised the same amount of stuff to be added to WoW.

I think if you could just answer these 2 questions everyone would be happy with the results of the AMA:

1. When are you actually going to accomplish/complete/fix all the countless things you've promised to us over the years? Please be specific going item by item with firm dates.

2. What are you ACTUALLY working on right now with at least 40 man hours per week? Thinking about something for 5 minutes while taking a shit doens't count as "working on it" neither does having something written on a whiteboard under the heading of "plans for the future". What is actually having lines of code written for it this minute?

I think as part of this new "open communication" policy the first order of business should be to do what Atrax suggested and have a list of all the proposed development tasks with a status as to where it is in the development process. To take this a step further I think it would be nice to implement the promised voting as part of CLD to vote on which of those items gets priority in development.

Having a defined firm timeline / roadmap for each item would go a long way to rebuilding the community trust which has been absolutely destroyed over the years. Of course, you also need to actually stick to that roadmap and stop getting side tracked with every shiny new trend you want to try to capitalize on. Sure, delays in development can happen but keep us updated as to why there are delays and the progress - we can be quite understanding if you don't patronize or lie to us.
    Last edited by jambon; 09-25-2018 at 18:42.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

When you gone fix Chat bug, it been reported over 1000 times in last 6 month

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images

Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... "WHEN?" ...
    Different people have different priorities right now. But so many of the questions all start with this word.

Not "what", not "how", not even "why" (although that may be number 2).

When?

• statues
    • prize plots
    • space missions
    • space mining
    • stables
    • chat bugs
    • loot bugs
    • I DON'T KNOW THERE ARE TOO MANY

It's just the one question, over and over, before anybody really cares about the new stuff. Maybe 100 or 150 times.

Not about new systems.

Not about new features.

Not about new hardware interfaces.

Not about new content or new activities - even the most jaded and bored of players would like to start seeing some things checked off a very long list of items that are obviously (sometimes shamefully) broken and ignored.

Not wishlist items either. Things that have been held out to us, sometimes for years while MA blathers on to the press about VR and technological advancements and repeatedly failed attempts to move into the banking world. The whole time grinding EU for cash.

Why don't you finish what you've started first? It's time to feed the cow.

Just fix one or two bugs that daily grind at the players comfort and immersion in your game. Deliver the statues and land plots that were promised years ago. Deliver ONE promised system before you publish another press release about how you're off chasing another new technological innovation, or another pseudo-banking system.

Or FFS offering another "investment opportunity" to the EU players.

When?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    When do you

• CONCENTRATE ON THE GAME?
    • FIX THE BUGS before adding new bugs?
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    This is like the 5th time we receive a communication promise? Why will this be different from the other failed attempts?

Will be able to sit down again after so many years?

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast