PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Guardian
    Grandmaster Dreamryder Mage
    * Are you going to trim payroll? I left Entropia when they went on a hiring spree and turned out compet trash app.

* Who hired this "creative team" and are they still with the company???

* If they are still with the company why have they not been fired yet?

* Loot 2.0 seems that it only guarantees losing PED's hunting. With loot 1.0 after reading and learning for 6 months I was net positive hunter, which is not possible with the current system (you could hunt naked, never heal with eco weapon it was very easy). I was also net positive gun crafter.

* Entropia was exciting and alive in the past. That old magic for me was a belief that I could build a small online business and make long lasting friendships.

*** I highly recommend finding out ***What the magic was*** for your long time players.

My Two-Cents
    Grandmaster Dreamryder Mage

Are there any plans on future development that might revitalize PVP activity?

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Monkey_D JM9 Luffy
    Society
    Entropia Discord
    Guys we have to stay positive and make sure that the questions we ask reflect our love for the game (if you don’t love the game, why are you playing)

If the atmosphere is toxic or questions worded with a level of hostility it won’t benifit anyone. Ideally we want the CEO to enjoy talking to the community as much as possible, which inturn will benifit the regular player base.

Keep in mind the CEO has no commitment to answer anything but is doing so anyway, me personally am thankful

The questions I have is as a mentor I see new players joining everyday:

1. I am limited to only mentoring 20 people at a time, would it be possible for this to be increased? I hate the idea of sometimes removing people who’s been offline a bit but sometimes I need the space.

2. Is there any planned marketing to ensure a certain level of active players? If so What would trigger this marketing (example: active players below a certain amount) and what marketing channels do you think you would likely use?

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Can I message you directly?
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmynott View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys we have to stay positive and make sure that the questions we ask reflect our love for the game (if you don’t love the game, why are you playing)

If the atmosphere is toxic or questions worded with a level of hostility it won’t benifit anyone. Ideally we want the CEO to enjoy talking to the community as much as possible, which inturn will benifit the regular player base.

No TBH.

If he wants to send a message he needs to pick a broadcast platform. Reddit is an open, interactive platform and if he's not ready to roll with what's likely to show up he shouldn't go there.

AMAs are popular when they go well because normal people can ask the questions that they want to ask. Not scripted talking points or pre-approved interviewer questions.

If "when are you going to deliver this promised item/features/system you promised (in some cases) half a decade ago" is seen as a hostile question, a reddit AMA is not anyplace to be.

IF he wants to publish a polished statement he has channels. Hosting an "Ask Me Anything" event where you hope to avoid questions is not good news.

I literally paid hard cash on a promise that's not here yet. How long ago? I sold those deeds and got myself an entire building on Arkadia during a good time and so I'm not crying every day. I play the game and I love it.

Who ever got a land plot for 9 CLDs? Glad I didn't hold out for that. And I mean I may have missed it being added (not), but that was supposed to be funding a voting system too, right? Old problems are still a little bit ahead to improvements for the entropia universe camera system that quite frankly nobody who even plays entropia universe ever probably heard of until that announcement.

But you know what I'd like to ask the CEO of mindark in an AMA?

Why is there still a freaking mushroom growing through the floor of my apartment building since 2011?

Oh crap, while we're talking about floors ...

I'm not going to talk about floors right now. Maybe he should get some sort of back and forth going before he just jumps right into a live reddit AMA.

The very first promises. From the very first investment deeds ever sold to EU players directly as a class.

Also get ready for "mindark doesn't address planet-partner specific issues". This includes calypso no matter how PCF feels. We don't need an "I'm not here to answer your questions" AMA.

You either reddit or you don't I guess. You can google the woody harrelson AMA and see what happens when someone mistakes "AMA" for a press platform. And those WERE his loving fans just trying to have some positive interaction.

People will make new reddit accounts if they have to. People who dislike reddit will do it. Just for the chance to type out their years old angst onto a platform that actually provides a 50% chance that the CEO of mindark might read the words they type.

So maybe expect him to touch on some of those other avenues first.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrax View Post
    No TBH.

If he wants to send a message he needs to pick a broadcast platform. Reddit is an open, interactive platform and if he's not ready to roll with what's likely to show up he shouldn't go there.
    agreed. This forum is way more moderated than anything reddit. If he cannot take a flame or two here, which really is where those of us that love the game are, no way in hell he should look in to reddit where the real trolls of the internet live...

The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster View Post
    * Are you going to trim payroll? I left Entropia when they went on a hiring spree and turned out compet trash app.

* Who hired this "creative team" and are they still with the company???

* If they are still with the company why have they not been fired yet?
    Those are hard but fair questions. I would like to know the answer to that as well.

I realize now we have a different CEO who can say No when his team comes up with the next stupid idea. Fair enough, maybe this will make a difference... or maybe not. Either way, we would like to know more about the aftermath of this latest failure. Latest, because there were similar failures before that one. You can probably understand our desire to not make these things a habit.

So, what about some details? Any lessons learned? Any further changes in the dev team? Any other relevant details you could share maybe?

Many thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster View Post
    * Loot 2.0 seems that it only guarantees losing PED's hunting. With loot 1.0 after reading and learning for 6 months I was net positive hunter, which is not possible with the current system (you could hunt naked, never heal with eco weapon it was very easy).
    Don't you think answer to these questions is already contained in the question?
    Money doesn't grow on trees. If anyone can take eco weapon and earn stable profit day in day out simply by hunting mobs, were would the money come from?
    I think the key is this "eco weapon". Must be something most people can't afford to buy. Other element that's not clearly spelled out but seems to be lurking in the context is skills. I'm assuming extremely high skills for (relatively) low level mobs? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'll go with those assumptions for now.

So, in principle we're talking about investment. You invest in skills and gear, it pays out for a while, and then things change. Why's that, you ask?
    If that's your question, it's a fair question.

I don't think you'll get a straight answer to that. I mean, c'mon, you don't expect MA to describe the exact loot algorithm in detail on the public forum?
    Here's the good news though. MA's CEO already has answered your question. Here it is, if you can read it properly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    With Loot 2.0 we revamped the hunting loot formula in order to achieve a more flexible, balanced, and rewarding system. Those changes have led to significantly improved loot returns for the vast majority of players and an overall better loot balance.
    Translation: We're moving towards equity. We will make the outcome more equal to all. I'm sure they can also add: Because, that's what majority of players wanted. And I have no doubt that'd be the truth.

Yea, I know it's stupid, but it is what it is. Welcome to 2018.

Evry single reddit discussion It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    AMA Questions:
    When will i get the statue i payed for 1 year and 8 months ago ?
    When will mothership owners get the features which where sold to us as part of the deal 7 years ago ?
    When will we get this years state of the universe ?
    How much money did Mindark earn from the deeptoken sale so far ?
    Since you have taken 8 months to talk to employees and hopefully analyse and restructure responsibilities to streamline processes to allow for an efficient internal and external communication and feedback process. Have you taken steps to utilize the vast treasure trove of customer feedback that has been submitted over the last 8+years and not been acted uppon yet ? Or are you looking forward to receive from us a collection of all the suggestions/improvements that could still be performed ?
    Which of the promised features from the last 10years is mindark actually currently working on and has ressources allocated to ?
    How many employees are working exclusively on space (eg. turning entropia in an actual universe) ?
    How many employees are working exclusively on 'quickfixes' (improvements to the game that each take less then an hour of worktime from an experienced dev who knows the code) ?
    When do you include a dev blog on your website so your developers can engage with the community and actively inform as well as seek community feedback on actual issues ?
    When will it be mandatory for each employee to spent 1 hour per week actively communicating with the players and discussing improvements to the game and exchanging points of view ?
    When will you fix your support case system so cases with open issues no longer get closed or put on the backburner ?
    When will you prioritize dev ressources based on potential for the game and adressing root causes instead of symptoms (eg. spending dozends of hours in support to deal with not working revive and relocating players when servers are out of sync in space or otherwise instead of spending a few hours of development to implement an emergency revive for such situations and have it fixed forever) ?
    Do you have a monitoring system for all income streams in place that allows you to decide how much standard development ressources you should keep in that respective sector of the game (eg. space, planetname, hunting, mining, crafting, taming, trading, property, etc.) ?
    Have you considered how important it is to keep development ongoing continuously in all sectors while at the same time prioritizing exess ressources on focus sections ?
    When will you allow players to earn incentives from promoting the game as well as from teaching new players successfully ?
    Have you considered outsourcing parts of the development which are not directly related to the RCE functions of the game to your players (eg. graphics design of a new monster, design of a section of a planet, design of a new vehicle, design of a custom interface) ?
    And are you aware of the large number of your playerbase who do have considerable experience in development,design,logistics,economics,etc. who could provide an enormous development boost to the game if engaged ?
    Have you considered to add an development terminal (event terminal) to the game where players could create a project which then can be funded through purchase of tickets with the ressources locked down in the project till you / your devs decide to work on such a player project and earn those funds ?

Banned
    Naming Policy Violation
    Some of you may have noticed that we are inviting a group of participants to MindArk headquarters to help test and provide feedback for some of the upcoming improvements to the client camera system. These changes are something we believe will benefit newcomers and veterans alike.

Soo, who got invited?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast