PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Old Alpha Legends's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Posts
    1,051
    Images
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, yeah that's right, and killing someone with a laser rifle is murder !
    It's a crime too.

    It's already been explained 100 times on this forum.
    But this game is full of outlaws at heart...

    Have you ever thought of starting a career in show business with such good jokes ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bingo.
    We're not going anywhere, just same as with ALL PvP threads.

    We're not going anywhere but Cloud cuckoo land...
    lol a facetious attitude is not a counter argument, waste of time really...
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

  2. #22
    Prowler TSCRYPTO's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    A stone's throw away from Antarctica
    Avatar
    TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    1,419
    Images
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Maybe I'll give you a link if I have time to search for it.
    Otherwise, you can look up old threads about pvp, and you should find the answer.
    OK, sure. Thanks. I guess some historical perspective on the debate wouldn't hurt. I'll look around, but still, on the surface the RCE element still seems to be a pertinent issue.

    But maybe it's not.

    I have only been back in game for a few weeks after many years of absence; years ago, I used to hunt miners in the red zone west of Echidna and of course, get hunted there myself when I was mining.

    Good times
    Last edited by TSCRYPTO; 02-05-2020 at 01:13. Reason: spelling

  3. #23
    Guardian MikeH's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Avatar
    Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Posts
    235
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always the same "argument"..

    There is no such thing as "Miner" or PKer" in lootable PvP.
    Only players in a special zone.
    Even if i have lots of skills and all great gears and i am mining in lootable pvp what i mentioned above is still fact its not fair i risk my ores + toxic shot while the pk er just risks toxic shot while we fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you want to be able to go to a toxic zone with minimal risk ?

    Get alot of skills, some very nice gear, armor, weapons, etc..

    Then you can do whatever you want there, mining, hunting, players killing, even dancing or party whith friends if you want to..
    Its players choice how they want to decrease the risk in pvp by hunting in group of mid level players or the feature this thread is all about or hunt for 10 years to reach a level to what you say.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or... just use stupid feature like keeping your HP below 50% and you're safe mining there.
    Its not keeping your health below 50%. Its like people who do most damage (spends more) gets to loot. I will use this on lootable as feature always whenever i decide in as its not exploit its loot mechanism.


    BTW want to thank the OP for bringing this feature to the community i am using it nicely after reading this thread

    Tip For OP use vapo on even low hp players you most likely will get the loot.

    Tip for others who want to use this feature - use a rocket and shoot yourself in lootable pvp and use reload hat to decrease the health regen. and go in mine hunt dance whatever you want . and repeat the process whenever your health reaches 90% . and if you have repeated the process couple of times you are even imune to vapo.
    Last edited by MikeH; 02-05-2020 at 09:35.

  4. #24
    Young SoberPhil's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Long ago and far away
    Avatar
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree mostly with this, but I would like to just add one small detail here: It's a crime to FORCE a player to have to go through PvP in a RCE game...

    I've lost about 120 ped in loot in PvP, but I never entered a PvP area by choice, it was forced on me (have to go through space to get to other planets). MindArk should understand that this is not a good situation for the majority of players in EU, and that all it will ever do is just create upset when real money is lost and garner resentment for the game and space pirates.

    If PvP cannot be completely eliminated, fine, but at least don't FORCE people to go through it, it's not good to do that, you stunt your own growth and harm the whole game and all the players in it.

    Legends
    I totally agree with this. If peds have real value and if we legally own our avatars then taking something of value from another player without their explicit consent amounts to online theft, which is a crime in any country. I know there's ToS, but you can't legalise something that is illegal with that.

    Now planetside there's the toxic shot, buying it is like saying "yeah, I don't mind being looted", but it's not a legal term though. Moreover, there's no such thing in space, and there's no way to fly from one planet to another without going through lootable PvP or paying an additional fee for a warp, which is convenient sometimes, true, but paying that fee everytime isn't a viable option for many players.

    To overcome this I would suggest to redo this aspect of the game by introducing PvP tokens, which could be used to purchase weapons and gear. So instead of looting the avatar you would get a certain amount of PvP tokens based on cost to kill. Surely some will try to exploit this, but it's for the devs to balance things out.

  5. #25
    A slightly more general discussion going on again -gain --ain...
    BUT, we have had changes to space since old threads. The planetary mobs can now be hunted in non-lootable space.

    Thus, lootable space is only entered when transferring to a different planet. As it is only stackables mats that can be looted, peds and equipment can be carried safely here.

    Personally, I don't think the markets should be 'protected' or 'isolated' from oneanother in this way, but I no longer have quite the opposition to 'forced pvp' that I used to, now that asteroids/moons linked to planets, plus mob areas, can be reached without going into lootable. (I'm not completely sure, but I think Monria:Caly is a bit of an exception maybe still? Does it have a one-way tp costing 7 peds from M>C? but lootable space between them?)

  6. #26
    Stalker
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Bucharest
    Avatar
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Posts
    2,685
    Images
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by LAZZ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lootable pvp is a crime and should not exist in a rce at all . I can not understand how MA can suport this activity at all ...
    Oke booomer
    .........

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol a facetious attitude is not a counter argument, waste of time really...
    Quote Originally Posted by TSCRYPTO View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, sure. Thanks. I guess some historical perspective on the debate wouldn't hurt. I'll look around, but still, on the surface the RCE element still seems to be a pertinent issue.

    But maybe it's not.

    I have only been back in game for a few weeks after many years of absence; years ago, I used to hunt miners in the red zone west of Echidna and of course, get hunted there myself when I was mining.

    Good times
    Here 2 examples to show this has been answered many times already, and Legends indeed you're right, thanks to confirm, it would be a waste of time to repeat it again and again..

    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...t=#post3650073

    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...29#post3662729

    If you read the whole threads, you'll see also that always same people asking to remove PvP, and be sure that these people are the ones knowing nothing about PvP, and will never use it.

    Same for people that were crying here about Space Mob being in PvP, now these mob are not in PvP anymore, I bet 99% of these people still never hunt them.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not keeping your health below 50%. Its like people who do most damage (spends more) gets to loot. I will use this on lootable as feature always whenever i decide in as its not exploit its loot mechanism.


    BTW want to thank the OP for bringing this feature to the community i am using it nicely after reading this thread

    Tip For OP use vapo on even low hp players you most likely will get the loot.

    Tip for others who want to use this feature - use a rocket and shoot yourself in lootable pvp and use reload hat to decrease the health regen. and go in mine hunt dance whatever you want . and repeat the process whenever your health reaches 90% . and if you have repeated the process couple of times you are even imune to vapo.
    This "feature" is well known for years already, and as I said earlier, MA's been asked to remove it for quite some time now...

    Indeed you're right about the fact it's not 50% rule anymore.
    But it's kind of new, and I didn't want to tell about it, since it's same for Kill steal on mob (what we were talking about on other thread lately)

    So indeed it's even WORSE now.
    I think it apeared whith Codex.

    Looks like it's now cost based, same as for mob.

    For example on a 100 HP mob, if you did 51 dmg you were sure it could not be stolen.
    Now whith new system you can shoot the mob for 90HP (so 90%), but if someone shoot it right after for 91 HP he get the loot. (not exactly about HP since it's probably cost based, but anyway you get the idea)

    That sux.

    And yes it looks like it's now the same in PvP.

    So indeed, just keep a mob following you, hitting you, and just heal, you should quickly become unlootable.

    Nice you do it, and I hope everyone will do it soon, then maybe MA will finally wake up..
    Last edited by ~ Cirrus ~; 02-05-2020 at 12:29.

  9. #29
    Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    LAZZ's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Im from the high coust in sweden!
    Avatar
    Lazer"LAZZ" Nero
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Posts
    2,348
    Images
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oke booomer
    Meaning what exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here 2 examples to show this has been answered many times already, and Legends indeed you're right, thanks to confirm, it would be a waste of time to repeat it again and again..

    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...t=#post3650073

    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...29#post3662729

    If you read the whole threads, you'll see also that always same people asking to remove PvP, and be sure that these people are the ones knowing nothing about PvP, and will never use it.

    Same for people that were crying here about Space Mob being in PvP, now these mob are not in PvP anymore, I bet 99% of these people still never hunt them.
    U dont get it i se i pity u ..


    Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26.
    Regards,
    Entropia Support

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This "feature" is well known for years already, and as I said earlier, MA's been asked to remove it for quite some time now...
    ...
    So indeed, just keep a mob following you, hitting you, and just heal, you should quickly become unlootable.

    Nice you do it, and I hope everyone will do it soon, then maybe MA will finally wake up..
    I assume you mean heal with something inefficient, and thus more expensive, and that then counts as you killing yourself when someone else deals the final blow?!
    Do you even get 75% of the cost carried over to the next mob you 'interact' with? What a paradise of 'features' we now have if yes. Maybe even the killer's cost carries over??
    _____
    Since I mentioned space pvp, what's with your other earlier comment, though?: "Same for people that were crying here about Space Mob being in PvP, now these mob are not in PvP anymore, I bet 99% of these people still never hunt them."
    It could be the start of a fun competition of "How many things are probably wrong with that sentence?" Ok, it's neither a bet nor a competition, so I'll answer it myself. I doubt you can find even 20 people 'commenting' on (edit: against) space mobs being in lootable pvp, let alone 'crying' about it. On the assumption that I am nevertheless one of them in your eyes, even just me sometimes hunting them now would blow your 99% claim out of the water.

    Why are people who are so right about lots of things, suddenly so wrong when the subject changes? Have there been any recent studies on this, in a similar style to Dunning/Kruger? I'm genuinely interested, as I have a super hard time getting my head round it.

    Edit: However, to be balanced, you have also written suggestions which I can agree with, such as this from lower in one of your linked threads:
    "About the point you are talking about, it would be easy to make spawn area bigger (when leaving a planet), and create alot of differents places inside it, where to randomly spawn.
    Or even better than random, people could choose which one they want to spawn in when reaching space (then they can't tell "OMG the game mades me spawn exactly where the pirates are!")
    Also make all spaceships visible (triangle) even when the pilot is on passenger sit. (2 triangles if 2 people in ship)
    Karma should be on players, not ship.
    Etc..
    There is alot more to do.."
    Last edited by jetsina; 02-05-2020 at 13:09.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook