Votes: 9 18.0%
  • No opinion on fishing.

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

LMTR14

Alpha
Thomas LMTR14 Reisinger
make it so ma

on top of fishing, cooking and proper gardening (not that shit you need a house for) and harvesting of wild plants could be implemented. all those things would give players temp buffs (or even permanent buffs?) and/or serve some other purpose

as for the actual fishing, it should be a kind of minigame, not just rng. e.g. like in torchlight. and of course rarely, you hook in items instead of fish

bait, luck and skill would determine the kind of fish you can get (baitmaking = new crafting profession)

current "fish" monsters in the game should be left intact (don't think continuity-wise that would be too much of a problem in this game)

Last edited:
make it so ma

on top of fishing, cooking and proper gardening (not that shit you need a house for) and harvesting of wild plants could be implemented. all those things would give players temp buffs (or even permanent buffs?) and/or serve some other purpose

it's already there!

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Zyn'kimbro Fishing Spear

Just go spearfish ripper snappers with it! :wtg:

Fishing rods are just to lame! Spearfishing is the way to go!

*edit* PS, a lot of vegetarians jus dont eat meat but they do eat fish (which is of course crazy, but hey, veggies are a crazy bunch!)

Without a proper cooking system, speak food that gives buffs or heals or combination of that, fishing does not make much sense.

Still voted yes, as it would be a nice addition.

but

First fix the bugs, befor working on new systems
Then deliver systems that have been advertised long ago (Space Transport System, Voting System)
and
deliver content that has been sold/advertised long ago (Statues, more Landplots 1 plot/9 CLDS)

So even yes, it should be low priority!

Yeah...attach a magnetic fly and boom you pull a gun out of the water. I like it.

Problem is it couldn't be like real fishing, you wouldn't want to sit there for 4 hours waiting for a bite. So I guess you would be reeling those fish in at a pretty fast rate. The fish gind.....hahaha.

So lets think how it would work. You load up your rod with ammo (aka bait) attach a reel and maybe add a float(like an amp).

You drag a bar off a fish and click it to cast out and instantly catch it with "attempt hook" (like taming), type of thing. You would need some sort of annimation, so maybe thats your float bobbing about in the water.

Or maybe sitting in a boat wont work, and you'd have to use a harpoon type weapon instead. So you swim in the water with the fish and harpoon them....so funny. That could work with the systems we have.

You harpoon a Levi and it drags you across the water when it runs, until your "attempt hook" is complete...hahahaha. My imagination playing tricks on me.

Certain fish get a little red heart or similar to taming marker on them, to show they are fishable.

It's ok calling for fishing, its how it would work with the game we have already that needs to be thought out.

Rick

I chose auction but the ui of the game is one of its strong points and I don't need any overhaul there. much more important to work on functionality and bug fixes (and no, the fact those are handled by different teams DOESN'T MATTER as the boss of ma can hire and allocate as many people as he wants for one of these roles but company budget is limited so more ui people DO take money away that could be spent on more bugfix and game development people!)

ps: think of the last part they "overhauled", the mission tracker. that was HORRIBLE AND TO THIS DAY IT IS STILL BUGGED AS FUCK AND UGLY AS SHIT
In another thread, you just this. :lolup: Now you are proposing a whole new system. Which is it?

That said, no harm in fishing. ;)

Peace, Miles

In another thread, you just this. :lolup: Now you are proposing a whole new system. Which is it?

That said, no harm in fishing. ;)

Peace, Miles

huh? the ui is the user interface. the way menus look, the fact you can drag everything around on the screen where you want it, the options available etc. in many games you wish you had a customizable interface like that (e.g. league of legends :mad:). how a game controls is one of the most important aspects, and I think that works perfectly fine in eu). can't see any connection with my wish for a new content element or two

yeah and fishing should definitely not just be another kind of taming. it needs different mechanics in order to be interesting, a proper minigame. maybe something like doing a manual in the tony hawk's games if you know what I mean (keeping the balance with left and right), should be simple enough to program. also it could even involve boats and a sonar so you have to find fish first and can try to look for specific ones.

PS: fixing or improving existing elements just isn't ma style. easier to get them to add something new I believe

<
<| |==<
<

yeah so much for ascii, forum doesn't let me do it

Last edited:
huh? the ui is the user interface. the way menus look, the fact you can drag everything around on the screen where you want it, the options available etc. in many games you wish you had a customizable interface like that (e.g. league of legends :mad:). how a game controls is one of the most important aspects, and I think that works perfectly fine in eu). can't see any connection with my wish for a new content element or two

yeah and fishing should definitely not just be another kind of taming. it needs different mechanics in order to be interesting, a proper minigame. maybe something like doing a manual in the tony hawk's games if you know what I mean (keeping the balance with left and right), should be simple enough to program. also it could even involve boats and a sonar so you have to find fish first and can try to look for specific ones.

I do know what the UI is, I've worked on them for a living. ;)

My point of contrast was this: Should the limited resources that MA has be devoted to building a whole new system - fishing - or completing/fixing existing functionality? I think fishing is fine, but there are many incomplete systems - space - and long term bugs - insert your list here - that be need to be addressed, which seemed to be your main point. Fishing would be a small thing, and given the state of the universe, it's not where I want MA spending time and money.

I take your point about the interface to a degree, but it's a mixed bag of good and bad.

Peace, Miles

P.S. If MA does add fishing, I'll go fish :D

how about just reverse the game back to 2010, re implment all the updates since then one by one but without fucking the whole system and econemy up?

:yay:

:rolleyes:

hmmm...interesting.
Powerfist fishing

you mean something like this?

Holy Catfish!!

Yes, something like that but I think her melee skill level just went through the roof! :laugh::eyecrazy:

I voted no because they should have other priorities.

Yea, right... :D
That's not fishing, that's more like fisting.

O yes, it's fishing for sure! Powerfist fishing!

Btw, this is quite a normal way to catch cat fish.
Instead of fists they also regularly use legs to catch even bigger ones!

I do know what the UI is, I've worked on them for a living. ;)

My point of contrast was this: Should the limited resources that MA has be devoted to building a whole new system - fishing - or completing/fixing existing functionality? I think fishing is fine, but there are many incomplete systems - space - and long term bugs - insert your list here - that be need to be addressed, which seemed to be your main point. Fishing would be a small thing, and given the state of the universe, it's not where I want MA spending time and money.

I take your point about the interface to a degree, but it's a mixed bag of good and bad.

Peace, Miles

P.S. If MA does add fishing, I'll go fish :D

how much work would it actually be. player has to stand next to water, and where the water is is already checked cause of swimming. design 20-40 fish graphics which could even be 2d to make it simpler (i.e. a "poster" of a fish). animations for throwing the rod and reeling it in. 3d model of a fishing pole. adding a few different fishing regions with different loot tables. fishing minigame (left-right balance check or waving the mouse around or something like that). adding a fishing skill and profession.

and that is enough for fishing phase 1. phase 2 with cooking or crafting recipes *might* come at a later point. like the above, it's a weekend project for a team of 3-5 people. hell they could use player volunteers to do the actual design work even. fish design contest. (in other games, you would PAY MONEY to have your fish put into the game...)

where can I sign up!

Back