PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Should MA put fishing in?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YES!

    31 62.00%
  • I'm a vegetarian, so no.

    9 18.00%
  • No opinion on fishing.

    10 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Fishing!

  1. #11
    Stalker Thorns Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,470
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's already there!

    http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.asp...ishing%20Spear

    Just go spearfish ripper snappers with it!


    Fishing rods are just to lame! Spearfishing is the way to go!

    We already have spears and guns to fish with.

    Add a little spice and just Powerfist them for melee skills.

  2. #12
    and add cooking and alchemy on top of it!

  3. #13
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,732
    Images
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorns Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...

    Add a little spice and just Powerfist them for melee skills.


    hmmm...interesting.
    Powerfist fishing

    you mean something like this?


  4. #14
    Stalker Thorns Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,470
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    hmmm...interesting.
    Powerfist fishing

    you mean something like this?

    Holy Catfish!!

    Yes, something like that but I think her melee skill level just went through the roof!

  5. #15
    Stalker Fifth's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Avatar
    The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    2,712
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    hmmm...interesting.
    Powerfist fishing

    you mean something like this?

    Yea, right...
    That's not fishing, that's more like fisting.

  6. #16
    Elite Killahbee's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Avatar
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Posts
    4,725
    Images
    201
    I voted no because they should have other priorities.

    You created your account
    2004-12-21.

  7. #17
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,732
    Images
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, right...
    That's not fishing, that's more like fisting.
    O yes, it's fishing for sure! Powerfist fishing!

    Btw, this is quite a normal way to catch cat fish.
    Instead of fists they also regularly use legs to catch even bigger ones!

  8. #18
    Alpha
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Austria
    Avatar
    Thomas LMTR14 Reisinger
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do know what the UI is, I've worked on them for a living.

    My point of contrast was this: Should the limited resources that MA has be devoted to building a whole new system - fishing - or completing/fixing existing functionality? I think fishing is fine, but there are many incomplete systems - space - and long term bugs - insert your list here - that be need to be addressed, which seemed to be your main point. Fishing would be a small thing, and given the state of the universe, it's not where I want MA spending time and money.

    I take your point about the interface to a degree, but it's a mixed bag of good and bad.

    Peace, Miles


    P.S. If MA does add fishing, I'll go fish
    how much work would it actually be. player has to stand next to water, and where the water is is already checked cause of swimming. design 20-40 fish graphics which could even be 2d to make it simpler (i.e. a "poster" of a fish). animations for throwing the rod and reeling it in. 3d model of a fishing pole. adding a few different fishing regions with different loot tables. fishing minigame (left-right balance check or waving the mouse around or something like that). adding a fishing skill and profession.

    and that is enough for fishing phase 1. phase 2 with cooking or crafting recipes *might* come at a later point. like the above, it's a weekend project for a team of 3-5 people. hell they could use player volunteers to do the actual design work even. fish design contest. (in other games, you would PAY MONEY to have your fish put into the game...)

    where can I sign up!
    you don't have to walk their way
    you don't have to watch the show
    you don't have to play their game
    and you don't have to die to leave entropia
    (c) Pain of Salvation, Leaving Entropia (Epilogue)

  9. #19
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,732
    Images
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTR14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how much work would it actually be. ...
    you over estimate MA.

    You should know by now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook