PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Do visuals matter?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Visuals matter and EU needs serious improvements!

57 34.55%
  • Yes - Visual matter but EU's graphics are perfectly fine as they are.

55 33.33%
  • No - I'd still play this game if it were using the old graphics or even if it was in 2D pixel art

53 32.12%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    It's really a mixed bag Jambon. Some people are here (playing Entropia) to have fun, some are here to win events, some, for the investment/business opportunity, and others might be here for a variety of other reasons...

Anyone you poll as to their priorities will have a list as varied amd different then the next person. How to consolodate it all and move forward in a sensible way is the challenge. And I think that the way MindArk is proceeding is wise, they have stated (in the last AMA I think) that their intention is to prioritize those things which affect the greatest number of players and UI and graphics obviously will rank at the top.

Personally though, I would prefer if they focused on Land Plot devellopment because I think that enabling more player-generated content will make the Entropia gaming experience richer for everyone, but alas, they perhaps don't see it that way...

Legends

I doubt anyone would mind if EU looked like SC... unless you have a not so good PC. :P

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted option 1 because "a metric fuck-ton of optimization" counts as improvements in my book.

Righ now, in this very moment, there are quite a few alternatives with:
    a) Equal or better graphics
    b) Much much better performance

And some of those are even free (no royalties or fees at all) !!
    Optimization would be very lovely. The game needs to run a whole lot better.
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morfoc View Post
    many forget that some players have paid for the right to a better graphic quality, and we have not had such an improvement.
    step of the cryengine 2 which must have revolutionized the ingame graphics , have also asked us a financial effort. of course we had to change the PC to play the game off safe mode for most of us.

put back the blood as in the very old PE, put impacts, put deterioration armor visible
    add the PE elements that had to be put in place toxic zone, sandstorms, snowstorms etc
    it's just part of PE's oldest faq, the old video presentation showed a virtual world.
    now the presentation tells you: become rich or not
    These would be fun!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    I hear this so many times.

But isnt this the same as, my wife looked a lot better when I just met her?
    Things were new and exciting back then. Now the relation has become just "normal" and not the hot passionate excitement before we had 2 kids crawling around.

Might not have been the perfect example since my wife did actually looked a lot better 15 years ago but I hope you get the idea

Things were new back then. We stepped into this new world. But now this new world has become our familiar old world.

But you have to be honest, entropia universe DOES look a lot better then project entropia.
    Graphics wise this is just a simple fact.
    Not saying that now it has the same charm as it had 15 years ago though.
    I have to disagree with the "nostalgia" argument. I like the same games that were my favorites in my youth because I still like what they offer. In some cases they are still new to me with my highly sensitive nervous system which retains stimuli longer, but for the most part I like what I like, and they offer it. I also note that then and now, I don't get into a game just for novelty very much - sure, a little bit but the effect wears off very quickly and it isn't major to begin with.

Carry on.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Visuals matter but Visuals do not matter if game has bad bugs or lag. I get slaughtered in-game more by lag in some areas. I die more often with a Fap in my hand than not.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    I am amazed that the pole is almost even across the 3 choices. I was the middle choice. If I knew then what I know now I would probably still play as in choice 3. But if the graphics where as stated in 3 I doubt I would have got no more than couple of hours of play and moved on.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorns Rose View Post
    Visuals matter but Visuals do not matter if game has bad bugs or lag. I get slaughtered in-game more by lag in some areas. I die more often with a Fap in my hand than not.
    Same here.... my (fast) weapons have no trouble equipping and firing, but in a fierce enough combat, my (slow) healing tools will sometimes just refuse to notice my repeated pressing their key. I suspect the heat of rapid combat ends up making Equipped slow to change, and then the new Equipped item slow to respond. It's not so much fun sitting there tapping on a heal key 5 or 10 times and then dying (to revive with my healing tool equipped). But for me, the half-mobs are worse, and I'm becoming fairly sure they're produced by poor optimization. (the half mob bug has been around since before I ever played this)

Provider
    Shadowfire Hottygurl Of The Phoenix
    Oddly...this past graphics update was enough along with the other mechanism changes regarding enhancers to bring me back into the game and give me a glimmer of hope once again.

It seems...Mindark still up to their usual shrouded mystery as they were quoted to say there was no graphics update in the pipeline,but this time for the good. We get surprise major graphics engine and system updates that are in line with community requests and not simply company desires? Nice, that's new!

I feel like there's a lot more easy potential within this new engine for them to make updates, and it seems now that just the way lighting effects things is dramatically improved, and while it's a bit glitchy at the moment, the end results once tuned could be jaw dropping.
    Here's to hoping for a new future where 'misinformation' is like the very beginning of this game. Mysterious shrouded curiosity with weekly/monthly updates, bug fixes, and progress in the game and we simply don't know what's coming.

That would certainly bring many of us back, if we keep at least getting surprise major content updates every month or two!!

In retrospect it seems graphics are indeed more important than I would have thought and voted initially!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6