How much do you really care about graphics?

Do visuals matter?

• Yes - Visuals matter and EU needs serious improvements!

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Yes - Visual matter but EU's graphics are perfectly fine as they are.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • No - I'd still play this game if it were using the old graphics or even if it was in 2D pixel art

Votes: 61 31.6%

• Total voters
I always run 1-3 games and doing some works in the same time.
Nowadays, people still playing 1 game at 1 time only?
I mean, if you are not streaming or running a full graphics mmorpg game.

I do agree having a good graphic in game play is the best, but most of the time I play EU in safe mode.
When my pc fan blows, it's something that makes me worry.

I think the current graphics are great. Especially on High and Very High.
:painter:

No matter how little graphics matter to you/me/us, they still have to look great on a market of games. Yes, Entropia is more than a game, so much more, but, in order for players to try it and stick around, they have to look as good as they possibly can, they have to look tempting. I agree they should not put MANY resources into this, because newer engines can not be caught up with, but, they should make some small improvements in the UIs every 3-4 years or so.

When i got bored in the mmo i played, i have seen this game 2 times when was searching for something else to play.
Know nothing about the game, was just searching some sci-fi based mmo, the short description was interesting, checked gameplay video, terrible graphic's, skip.

Many years later i registered, when i have read about the most expensive ingame sales, and top3 was in EU, but that was in 2017, the graphic's was also better.
Not stayed much, tried out, 6 months, liked, but wasnt able to play it properly, so left, and returned at 2019 summer, when i was able to play it as i wanted.
So exactly what you wrote here.

I always play this game in Safe mode / Low Graphics since I use windows in Bootcamp on my MBP to play Entropia. As such, for me, the ability to play this game in Mac Os is a much bigger deal than better graphics.

I wish the day would come when I can play this in Mac Os without switching to Windows in Bootcamp just like the 'world of tanks' (nowadays).

I started in 2007 and was impressed with the graphics. I do have a high end machine for early 2007, paid 1100 USD for the Intel extreme CPU and was top of the line then and have upgraded graphics card once since the build. Now that the lag seemed to be ok the game is better than ever for me. Having said that I will still play being with the graphics from 2007. I always did like the grphics.

Definitely needs major graphics updates. It's outdated, some areas looks like a joke.

CE2 update was awesome step forward, now we need another update like that one again, if we want more new players.

One reason to update graphics is that if items that players can create and modify like clothes, furniture, vehicles
and so on can get a really attractive look way more resources like colors, hides, textures and so on will get a better
MU and more stuff in loot will be easier to sell.

For me part of the enjoyment of this game is exploration. To achieve the best experience when exploring new environments and hunting new mobs, graphics are really important (so is animation). These should be continuously improved as the game grows. That said, of course gameplay must remain a focus too.

I remember the old days of PE and I still loved it back then. But that doesn't mean it should stay stuck in the past graphically speaking. The new engine was a big step forward and I love it (even though I wish my PC could handle more than medium graphics settings!).

Does anybody know if there are any planned graphics upgrades? i.e. a big leap forward, rather than optimisation. I think the next chapter in this games graphics/animation has the potential to be really awesome.

Back