FEN Event Update #1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
A short update on the FEN event to address several issues that have been raised in support cases and on community forums.

FEN Token Gold
Some participants have expressed concern about the 1 PED value of the Gold tokens, and that perhaps this was an error. We can confirm that the 1 PED value per token is intended. It is important to remember that all of the FEN Edition items are special-edition and limited in quantity, and will never be offered again once the FEN event ends.

FEN Edition items also have a power level higher than similar items that are more commonly available. This advantage will only be magnified after the event and the (L)imited and consumable FEN Edition items get used up and become increasingly more rare.

Changes and Fixes
As mentioned in the original FEN Event announcement, there are several known issues that will be corrected in the next Version Update, currently scheduled for early next week.

• FEN Tokens cannot be placed on the auction.
  • Duplicate DevaStim FEN Edition entry in the FEN Token Trader.
  • MediStim FEN Edition missing from FEN Token Trader.

There was also an error affecting the Adjusted Fast Aid Pack FEN Edition and Modified Fast Aid Pack FEN Edition items (limited and unlimited versions), which have incorrect deterioration values. Since they cannot be repaired, the (L)imited versions of those two items have been temporarily removed from the FEN Token Trader and will be reinstated after the corrected values are implemented in the upcoming Version Update.

FEN Statistics
Here are some fun statistics from the first few days of the FEN Event (as of Oct. 16, 2018 16:30 UTC).

• FEN Gold Tokens looted: 32858
  • FEN Gold Tokens spent: 1950
  • FEN Platinum Tokens looted: 10642
  • FEN Platinum Tokens spent: 3000
***NOTE*** There is no predefined limit on the number of tokens that can be looted, it depends simply on how many creatures are killed.

Originally Posted Here

There was also an error affecting the Adjusted Fast Aid Pack FEN Edition and Modified Fast Aid Pack FEN Edition items (limited and unlimited versions), which have incorrect deterioration values.

b83.jpg

ie. we know players will sell L items for markup so we're taking it instead.

Thanks for the info.

FEN Statistics
Here are some fun statistics from the first few days of the FEN Event (as of Oct. 16, 2018 16:30 UTC).

• FEN Gold Tokens looted: 32858
  • FEN Gold Tokens spent: 1950
  • FEN Platinum Tokens looted: 10642
  • FEN Platinum Tokens spent: 3000

I LOVE statistics! Do them more often!!

PS: Any news about some anniversary caps, sweaters, whistles, some stuff like that, there are some people that need this so their life makes more sense....

The announcement says DevaStim FEN Edition gives 15% increased critical damage, it gives 60%

The announcement also says BC-120 FEN Edition has 54.01 APM, but it has 60APM in-game...

Example, 54ped arson L chip, below avg durability 54ped or w/e tt required +150ped tt gold tokens (MU to MA) add MU tokens have, say 150% the chips gonna cost 275ped, last a couple of hours max oh but its rare guys, after theyre all used up people will buy them for more. Trust us. Yours truly MA :laugh:

Essentially this is MA making really good items and charging players MU for them after they already pay mu to MA by grinding tokens not really in the spirit of a happy birthday celebration. Especially as gold tokens are for the newer/lower level players who are already feeling butthurt. Doesnt really effect me much but it does leave a bit of a sour taste. Few beers and i'll get over it though.

How about some crafting/mining FEN love?

Crafters can loot FEN tokens depending on BP level (gold on lower, plat on higher). Crafting BPs can be bought with tokens (some rare UL items for plats, less rare L for golds)

Miners can loot FEN tokens depending on claim size, lower claim sizes can loot golds, higher can loot plats. That is probably a bit of coding, so maybe put them in SOOTOs instead? Just drastically increase the SOOTO hit rate for the duration of the event, while lowering the chance of normal SOOTO loot. FEN addition mining gear, maybe an UL mining amp?

Also, what happens if all of the items are bought up and there is still a month or two left of the event, will no new items be added to the token trader?

How about some L FEN addition items in the normal looting process?

Just some ideas :yay:

I'll be ready for the SEN event.

Excellent thanks for the update! Really cool to see those stats as well!

Hmm.. No notes about all the new snarks not giving killpoints for missions...
Did anyone report it as a bug, or do I have to do it myself? :rolleyes:

Boo on the 1 ped gold token. Take a hint from the community it's a bullshit idea.

Kinda cant belive that they wont change gold tokens tt.
It makes all L items wortheles imo...

If they're keeping gold at 1ped they should recalculate the efficiency to take the gold+ped cost into account so as not to mislead people. And if fap costs do go towards loot they should warn that all that markup will be lost and only the tt value is used to calculate loot return.

Changes and Fixes
As mentioned in the original FEN Event announcement, there are several known issues that will be corrected in the next Version Update, currently scheduled for early next week.

• FEN Tokens cannot be placed on the auction.

Sitting on tokens and kinda waiting atm to find out it's real market value and now we got to wait another week?
Can't you just hotfix it?

Sitting on tokens and kinda waiting atm to find out it's real market value and now we got to wait another week?
Can't you just hotfix it?

its easy. gold token value is tt as nobody will be stupid enough to buy items with it to waste even more money.

There was also an error affecting the Adjusted Fast Aid Pack FEN Edition and Modified Fast Aid Pack FEN Edition items (limited and unlimited versions), which have incorrect deterioration values.

As hinted in this post 5 days prior to FEN start
Am I the only one questioning what that adjusted FAP is even doing there? With below average durability it has at best a slightly better eco than FAP-110 but the hps equivalent of a gyro combat FAP - 40.

As well as this post on the same day as release
Furthermore, the token trader says that the adjusted fap durability is "below average" which means that the decay is actually 10-24.99 which somewhat implies that MA accidentally put the decimal at the wrong place and the decay is actually 15 pec per click.

With a weekend in between and just 4 days to announce a fix being in the works I'm impressed MA.

I don't remember the last time a fix has been announced that quickly for something that wasn't losing you money. Good job! :)

I have to say it's really poor form to have tt value on the gold tokens and MA basically takes the markup instead of the players. On the platinum tokens it's fine as the items are worth far more than the token tt cost. Players already pay while hunting.

ie. we know players will sell L items for markup so we're taking it instead.

I have to say it's really poor form to have tt value on the gold tokens and MA basically takes the markup instead of the players. On the platinum tokens it's fine as the items are worth far more than the token tt cost. Players already pay while hunting.

I very much agree with both of you. :(

That's just it...

MA very much wants to wet their beak this event - they stand to make exactly $109,750 USD free and clear after selling all items from the FEN trader. (never mind their take on all the extra hunting). That's 1 million peds of markup right to MA to purchase these event items with virtually zero room for profit to anyone buying gold token items.

Now this could be taken a couple ways....

A) It could be a good thing because it prevents people from trying to farm gold tokens just to buy items and sell for insane markups to the players that actually want to use the items. If gold tokens were only 1 pec you can rest assured that most sales would be to resellers that would get the items then immediate slap them on auction for that 400%+ markup anyways. At least this way it seems that only those that plan to use the items and are willing to pay that end price will buy them.

B) At first I was a little pissed about MA taking this money but honestly, after thinking about it logically I'd rather see that money wind up in MA's hands hopefully to be used towards further development of Entropia than in some resellers pocket. That development money has to come from somewhere. It kind of makes sense and is arguable a very smart move on their part.

I think MA might be starting to realize that if they want to be sustainable and more profitable it's about coming up with new ways to make money from the game beyond just skimming off the top of the loot pool. Finding ways they can start earning money in game like the rest of us so-to-speak. Selling items of convenience where the proceeds are 100% profit for them is a great way to do this. One of the reasons why I like using portable TT and repair, I feel good knowing that is profit for MA which can go toward sustaining this wonderful game we all enjoy.

They've tried this in the past with some serious fuck ups (avatar statues, invisible armor, quad wing equus...etc) I think they are taking the right step with this and if they do end up making good money with this attempt I see it happening more in the future which I'm for. Not all markup needs to wind up in the hands of resellers MA can and should be able to use their position to tap into that a bit too for the good of the future of the game.

Arguable they didn't execute this perfectly either IE pills could have been cheaper and non-tradable to help establish and keep a markup on gold tokens.... But it's a learning curve, I think it's generally a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
All of the limited items could be balanced and useful with a change in deterioration rate. The TP chips need to be somewhere between very good- excellent, arson chip needs to be very good, adj and mod fap need to be excellent-exceptional etc... Basically adjusted to where the total uses will compete with the non FEN limited counterparts based on TT value used to acquire them, with the exemption of adj and mod fap since they offer a utility not normally achievable by other limited items of their level.

Now this could be taken a couple ways....

A) It could be a good thing because it prevents people from trying to farm gold tokens just to buy items and sell for insane markups to the players that actually want to use the items. If gold tokens were only 1 pec you can rest assured that most sales would be to resellers that would get the items then immediate slap them on auction for that 400%+ markup anyways. At least this way it seems that only those that plan to use the items and are willing to pay that end price will buy them.

The player selling the gold tokens would still get far more markup when they sold to a reseller. If they did, many people are capable of selling items on their own.

In more popular games rarity equates to value. Unfortunately we don't have the player base for the to be the case here. People pay real money for items ingame, and therefor need to get value from those items. Waving the "it's rare" flag just doesn't work here. With gold tokens at 1 ped each it really eliminates the majority of the value of the gold edition items. The mod fap and tokens are basically it. The adjusted fap just isn't worth using since the low decay is the only advantage of it - but with decays going into loot now that's a piss poor trade per price paid.

I understand this event is tailored toward the higher mid level and high level players ingame, but in SGA and TEN there really was a chance for everyone to get some real value out of hunting mobs their level. There is so much potential which can still be realized with this event, but there has to be value up and down the ladder.

It was rather surprising that there were only "gold" and "platinum" tokens, rather than Bronze, Silver, Gold, and then Platinum tokens. Most of the rewards for the Gold tokens would really fall into the Bronze or Silver categories, and there should be level-equivalent unlimited gear available to lower level players who grind hardcore. Take the FEN shortblade for example. That's a trash item for platinum tokens, really not worth buying - but if it were a Gold tokens item, it may be worth buying to a low level player looking for a weapon which would serve him/her well until they skilled up to use some better gear.

What will everyone do with their coveted tokens after the prizes are gone? There are no items with indefinite amounts; yet you state that the tokens have no finite amount set. It doesn’t seem as exciting when you collect tons of tokens and then have to tt them.

1) I think lootable FEN items as well would add greatly to this event.

2) Adding pills, amps, or armor plates with infinite amounts to the broker would help preserve value of tokens for those who save them and fail to get an item before they sell out.

Token only 30 PED atm? so waste of money to grind more...
and even the farmed one are shit now, next time make auction and stuff work properly right way or at least hotfix it MA...

Fuck this event...

Last edited:
You were all wondering what the big year end sale/cash grab would be?

Thanks for the update MA - you have been impressing me lately with the communication - please keep it up

But as Jack and Star said, this event is pretty lame as is... infinite tokens for finite prizes, first come first sever means come late and you get poo.
I know they are still here to make money - but hey MA you've had this game for FIFTEEN years... don't be afraid to throw some money around... make it rain - let's have some fun and celebrate -
put some items in the loot pool _ i dunno, this ends up feeling like a contest or MM type thing not an anniversary.

Back