Loot changes during events?

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
I promise this isn't a veiled whining thread, it's a serious question because I haven't really played through events before, at least not while keeping the level of logs I'm keeping now.

Anyway, I've noticed a very measurable swing in returns since FEN started. I usually play very conservatively (until I get frustrated and just say fuck it), and I keep careful logs. Since I came back to game I have had very steady and predictable returns. All of my hunts have been averaging low-mid 90's, and all of my mining has been mid 90's.

Immediately after event started, the same activities I'd been doing with the same gear dove at least 10-15% return for same amount cycled, same times of day, etc. Consistently. Not just a couple of bad runs, but literally all of my hunts are now averaging around 83% and mining has completely tanked.

Again, not bitching; every dime I deposit I assume is lost from the start. I'm just curious to hear from more experienced players on the matter.

Is this common for events? There has been a lot of really big hofs since the start - do you think MA increases the volatility during events, knowing that people will be cycling a lot more? Or is this a side effect of increased player activity?

Overall return % no from my testing but it is more swingy/higher variance in my experience not sure if its a conscious adjustment from MA or just a consequence of activity of the community during events.

Side effect of more players... think of it like real world progressive slot machine island...

Side effect of more players... think of it like real world progressive slot machine island...

I prefer to compare each mob/mining instance to more of a scratch-off lottery ticket situation.

So is it basically that because of increased activity there's more competition for the mults in the bonus pool which used to even out my runs?

Solution is to simply increase the size of my runs maybe? Like if I used to do a 200ped run now I need to do 600ped in order to capture the multipliers needed to even things out?

So is it basically that because of increased activity there's more competition for the mults in the bonus pool which used to even out my runs?

Solution is to simply increase the size of my runs maybe? Like if I used to do a 200ped run now I need to do 600ped in order to capture the multipliers needed to even things out?
Or just don't participate in the event... go big or go home so to speak

Or just don't participate in the event... go big or go home so to speak

Well I wasn't, really. Just doing my normal shit. I mean it would suck to have to stop playing for the next 3 months because of an event I don't really care about, but if that's how it has to go down....

Increasing the amount cycled may help but it could also go the other way around and make it even worse.

From my personal experience higher DPS helps more than just higher turnover, if there is competition for the multis, as you get more loot events in the same time than your competitors with lower DPS.

Sidenote:
Reminds me of the comment from one of my customers, while healing on Feffox Stalkers:

Now I am doomed, Terminator is here!

Back