What do you say this ring is worth?

Stats
Left Hand
13% Run speed
1% Lifesteal
6% Reload
13% Increase Crit Dmg
2 % Increase Crit Chance (Focused Blow)

So the main points of this ring are the lifesteal, reload, focused blow, and crit dmg to a lesser degree.

Paired with a Right-hand ring such as the Christmas 2017 you end up with 15% (yay that 3% bugged me) 4% crit (I think the max is 5 from items) 3% lifesteal, and fluff of run speed hp and regen.

I like how they give the ring enough reload to give most of the right hand rings to max reload, and the crit + lifesteal buff is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this goes on the left hand, it might be worth quite a bit. On the right hand it's not very interesting.

it's very comparable to the Halloween 2015 ring with the added benefit of the extra reload speed and critical buffs.

Considering first there are people trying to sell on the forum from time to time for about 10k - 15k and the markup in game shows a Halloween 2015 ring going recently for +9400

Then considering that the extra speed isn't quite as good as the Ares improved but it is a left handed ring I could see +1k for that benefit. For the critical buffs, it's more than double the critical chance and almost equal the critical damage to the ares perfected for that benefit I'd have to say at least an extra 2k - 3k... Then there is the rarity too... in 2015 we were buying boxes in the shop vs looting them. There were 12 halloween 2015 rings that dropped compared to 4 in 2017. It's arguable that well see a similar number that drop this year too. That could add maybe another 2k - 4k to the price.

So factoring all this in I could see the first Halloween 2018 rings going for 15k - 17k. I'd be surprised if it was much more than that though and wouldn't be super surprised if they only hit about 12k considering falling markups on rings in general recently. The biggest question mark for me is how much value people are still putting on focus blow in a loot 2.0 world.

Of course I could be completely wrong... :laugh:

Last edited:
it's very comparable to the Halloween 2015 ring with the added benefit of the extra reload speed and critical buffs.

Considering first there are people trying to sell on the forum from time to time for about 10k - 15k and the markup in game shows a Halloween 2015 ring going recently for +9400

Then considering that the extra speed isn't quite as good as the Ares improved but it is a left handed ring I could see +1k for that benefit. For the critical buffs, it's more than double the critical chance and almost equal the critical damage to the ares perfected for that benefit I'd have to say at least an extra 2k - 3k... Then there is the rarity too... in 2015 we were buying boxes in the shop vs looting them. There were 12 halloween 2015 rings that dropped compared to 3 in 2017. It's arguable that well see a similar number that drop this year too. That could add maybe another 2k - 4k to the price.

So factoring all this in I could see the first Halloween 2018 rings going for 15k - 17k. I'd be surprised if it was much more than that though and wouldn't be super surprised if they only hit about 12k considering falling markups on rings in general recently. The biggest question mark for me is how much value people are still putting on focus blow in a loot 2.0 world.

Of course I could be completely wrong... :laugh:

6% reload on a left hand is worth a lot more than 1k just saying

1% crit on the left hand goes for 20k. 2% plus the reload is at least 30k, maybe 40k or more depending on how many drop.

1% crit on the left hand goes for 20k. 2% plus the reload is at least 30k, maybe 40k or more depending on how many drop.

People are nuts with the valuations of stuff in this game. But I suppose when you're a millionaire any arbitrary amount makes sense :laugh: $3000, $4000, $5000 - whatever. It's a single hand of blackjack right?

Well if it's worth 40k that's a nice payday for someone to loot it.

Curious if you could elaborate where you're pulling those values from... I'd like to learn how to better estimate prices if I'm actually off by that much in my figuring.

People are nuts with the valuations of stuff in this game. But I suppose when you're a millionaire any arbitrary amount makes sense :laugh: $3000, $4000, $5000 - whatever. It's a single hand of blackjack right?

Well if it's worth 40k that's a nice payday for someone to loot it.

Curious if you could elaborate where you're pulling those values from... I'd like to learn how to better estimate prices if I'm actually off by that much in my figuring.

I think the answer is 'out of their ass'. I agree people value stuff really crazy. I think a lot of people are set in the mentality and valuation that was pre-2.0 and pre-economic recession. Because those old prices still show up in the 10 year history, and people think 'oh it says it sold for XXXXX so it should still be worth XXXXX, even though the actual value it adds to a user is minimal.

And in response to my own question, I feel that this ring would be worth somewhere in the 17k-21k range like the summer 2018, which was also left hand and had 2% crit, if I am not mistaken. I think the extra reload may increase the value as well as the bonus lifesteal (I mean who doesnt like lifesteal!)

If this goes on the left hand, it might be worth quite a bit. On the right hand it's not very interesting.

Why are you even saying 'If it goes on the right'? The website clearly states it goes on he left, not on the right.

He did elaborate, and you quoted him elaborating. Reload speed and crit rate on left hand are not minor details and this ring is great to top up many buffs that people already have on right hand rings and no matter the amount, this ring will be highly desirable. 30k for the first few, then stabilize at 20k imo.

I think the answer is 'out of their ass'. I agree people value stuff really crazy. I think a lot of people are set in the mentality and valuation that was pre-2.0 and pre-economic recession. Because those old prices still show up in the 10 year history, and people think 'oh it says it sold for XXXXX so it should still be worth XXXXX, even though the actual value it adds to a user is minimal.

And in response to my own question, I feel that this ring would be worth somewhere in the 17k-21k range like the summer 2018, which was also left hand and had 2% crit, if I am not mistaken. I think the extra reload may increase the value as well as the bonus lifesteal (I mean who doesnt like lifesteal!)

Crit on Summer 18 is 1%, maybe you should stop pulling stuff out of your ass.

That ring goes for 16-20k, if you can find one. The only other ring in qty with crit on the left hand are Easter 16 which is 3% and very expensive, and there are only 3 of them.

So Halloween 18 will be most aptly compared to Summer 18, while it has 2% crit instead of 1%, and the 6% reload is no small item as it completes righthanded rings with < 15% reload. Not to mention the Life Steal. It's a great competition ring, so that will affect the price.

If I looted one of these I wouldn't even reply to offers <30k. But I don't have one.

I was working from memory and I did say ' if i am not mistaken' which means that I admit i might be wrong with my memory.

That ring goes for 16-20k, if you can find one. The only other ring in qty with crit on the left hand are Easter 16 which is 3% and very expensive, and there are only 3 of them.

So Halloween 18 will be most aptly compared to Summer 18, while it has 2% crit instead of 1%, and the 6% reload is no small item as it completes righthanded rings with < 15% reload. Not to mention the Life Steal. It's a great competition ring, so that will affect the price.

If I looted one of these I wouldn't even reply to offers <30k. But I don't have one.

Thanks for elaborating. I can see the added value when comparing with summer 2018. But in any case it's all really just speculative though. It's going to be worth what someone is actually willing to pay for it.

It makes sense if you have one to start the bidding high in the 30k - 35k range to see if anyone has a big enough wallet and strong enough desire to acquire for that price. It's certainly not unheard of for a ring to sell for that much especially if there is good potential in it.

I think there is only a small group of players that would pay that high price though. If more than a couple rings drop I see the markup really going down though as I think there is a good cross-section of people that would cap their personal purchase price limit for that particular ring closer to the 18k - 21k range. And since many people would prefer to sell their looted ring asap rather than use it I think they would firesale in that price range if they couldn't immediately find a buyer in the 30k+ range.

Considering that it would put the average price at 26.5k

i really wonder that they didn't do tier upgrades for rings already :laugh:

I can see the added value when comparing with summer 2018.

But now, should we be looking at the summer 2018 ring and be wondering where the numbers came from for that ring?

Really what a ring is worth and what someone will pay for it is actually quite different.
Especially since everyone will have a difference of opinion on what something is worth depending on their current financial situation.

Some people don't care how much they spend on stuff.
Others will never pay the amount that something is worth.

So i think the question should be changed from, what is it worth? to, what do you think the highest amount some idiot would pay for this ring?

But now, should we be looking at the summer 2018 ring and be wondering where the numbers came from for that ring?

Really what a ring is worth and what someone will pay for it is actually quite different.
Especially since everyone will have a difference of opinion on what something is worth depending on their current financial situation.

So i think the question should be changed from, what is it worth? to, what do you think the highest amount some idiot would pay for this ring?

Lets ask bori.

Why are you even saying 'If it goes on the right'? The website clearly states it goes on he left, not on the right.

Initially it didn't say anything, clearly or not, and the information regarding equipment slot was added after a day of (relatively polite) nagging.

Everything is always worth what someone will pay for it. We have a rough idea what people have paid for the Summer 18 ring, which is the most appropriate comparison, being a lefthanded ring with crit, and those are also recent sales. This is the best we can do until some Halloween 18 rings drop.

Well rings are one of the very few (perhaps only) items ingame that give you advantages without any downside, they dont decay and they make you money that by itself should give them high value. Ofc it can take a while to get roi in new system but they have no downside and most dont devalue due to rarity and limited supply. Some people who think certain prices are crazy just have no idea/experience of how the game plays at the top level and where edges come from/what theyre worth.

No, because we are speculating about the Halloween 2018 ring - the summer 2018 ring has already been selling so those numbers are based on the fact that someone has already paid XXXXX for that ring.

We reverse engineer the value based on the facts and comparable we have access to. ;)

Well rings are one of the very few (perhaps only) items ingame that give you advantages without any downside, they dont decay and they make you money that by itself should give them high value. Ofc it can take a while to get roi in new system but they have no downside and most dont devalue due to rarity and limited supply. Some people who think certain prices are crazy just have no idea/experience of how the game plays at the top level and where edges come from/what theyre worth.

Not 100% true. The downside to rings is their overhead and unsure future. At any point decay can be introduced and/or more rings can be released that can cause you to lose big bucks in markup on your ring as it becomes less relevant.

However yes, the biggest determining factor is what value someone may calculate they get from it. If you're cycling 3 million peds a year and this ring is saving you even 1% of that (30,000 peds a year) it's totally worth buying today for one payment of 25,000 peds.

Last edited:
However yes, the biggest determining factor is what value someone may calculate they get from it. If you're cycling 3 million peds a year and this ring is saving you even 1% of that (30,000 peds a year) it's totally worth buying today for one payment of 25,000 peds.

In the loot 2.0 world, the buffs save nothing; they only add comfort to hunting via increased dps.

In the loot 2.0 world, the buffs save nothing; they only add comfort to hunting via increased dps.

Well this isnt true exactly, if you use autoloot pills a ring with auto loot saves you .5 an hour (doesnt sound like much but for fulltime grinder it adds up) more if you use auto loot pet. Lifesteal can save you healing costs. Increased dpp gives you better loot comp (more mu and loot events for same cost essentially for free) if you are a profitable hunter anything that adds dps without adding cost just increases your hourly profit and thats not even mentioning events (both mayhems and stuff like FEN) (ok value can decrease, as with anything here it rarely does in the case of rings and more turnover can negate that loss) ofc MA can change them but they have no reason to as it sells their boxes so its very little risk compared to other investments ingame. Its ofc less than when buffs broke loot 1.0 but to say they save nothing is a bit silly.

Well this isnt true exactly, if you use autoloot pills a ring with auto loot saves you .5 an hour (doesnt sound like much but for fulltime grinder it adds up) more if you use auto loot pet. Lifesteal can save you healing costs. Increased dpp gives you better loot comp (more mu and loot events for same cost essentially for free) if you are a profitable hunter anything that adds dps without adding cost just increases your hourly profit and thats not even mentioning events (both mayhems and stuff like FEN) (ok value can decrease, as with anything here it rarely does in the case of rings and more turnover can negate that loss) ofc MA can change them but they have no reason to as it sells their boxes so its very little risk compared to other investments ingame. Its ofc less than when buffs broke loot 1.0 but to say they save nothing is a bit silly.

Not to mention if you compete in player run events on land areas. They could definitely help you acquire more loot, or get more kills in the same time to have a better chance at single highest loot. Or in pvp. The runspeed on the rings im sure help a lot.

Back