Mayhem Points

Rumple

Alpha
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Zyloc Zyloc Mist
Disclaimer : This is not a whine

I have moved up a category from last 2 mayhems where I placed. I am now in cat 8. Using T9 slug, mayhem beta amp, perf ares, 15mg pills, on stage 10, and boss spawning about every 30 minutes so kill speed ok.

I have now hunted for nearly 10 hours and not had a single 250 or more points apart from bosses. This has not been my previous experience in new style mayhems. Have I just been very lucky before or ....

Would welcome views/experiences/thoughts ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes
Ive done about 15 of these events without a single 5ker, atleast you can redo the events as many times you want.

Vodka ..... realise 5k was always lucky, just thought maybe 1 additional 250 by now :) but seems not unreasonable not to get any .... and is everyone seeing mobs as shared loot mobs ?

I've finished cat 5 and I did not had 5k too, my points was 4 x 250 and 1 x 1000. On the other side the person who finished on top 1 in my cat had to have 2 x 5k to get 23,5k points in total and I don't think that anyone can beat that. This is score that even hard to get it on 20h runs in previous mayhems

Last summer mayhem i dident have anything over 250 either.

Had a few 250, 500 and 1k but never a 5k one. I saw people getting 2x 5k in same run. All about the luck.

Shared Loot Mobs

And is everyone seeing the mobs as shared in annihilation ?

And is everyone seeing the mobs as shared in annihilation ?

Yes.

If you kill a shared loot mob all alone, the global is now credited to you (introduced a few VUs ago).

thanks - too short :)

Cat 6 here

Had one 500 Point mob and the usual 250 per Boss mob. So it depends on luck if you want to be in top places as no amount of buff's, rings and pills will get your kill speed to a level you can beat someone with more than one 5k Bonus mob as long as you do not get also some 5k points mobs.

Cat 6 here

Had one 500 Point mob and the usual 250 per Boss mob. So it depends on luck if you want to be in top places as no amount of buff's, rings and pills will get your kill speed to a level you can beat someone with more than one 5k Bonus mob as long as you do not get also some 5k points mobs.

Well naturally there´s luck involved, as with pretty much anything in this game, however its still just a dps race.
The higher your dps, the more mobs you kill, the more chances you have to get the bonus points. Given enough time(infinite) the player with the highest dps will win.

Also as a side note, this type of event is what the community has wanted for as long as i can remember.

"This event is no fun, all the ubers get everything, the noobs has no chance to win"
and
"What´s the point of skilling if you can win as a noob"
Have both been arguments against events here for years. This type of event is pretty much the balance of those two sides, the noobs, if lucky enough can win, whereas the uber (in this case, the one with the most dps in the cat) has the best chance of winning-

Well naturally there´s luck involved, as with pretty much anything in this game, however its still just a dps race.
The higher your dps, the more mobs you kill, the more chances you have to get the bonus points. Given enough time(infinite) the player with the highest dps will win.

Also as a side note, this type of event is what the community has wanted for as long as i can remember.

"This event is no fun, all the ubers get everything, the noobs has no chance to win"
and
"What´s the point of skilling if you can win as a noob"
Have both been arguments against events here for years. This type of event is pretty much the balance of those two sides, the noobs, if lucky enough can win, whereas the uber (in this case, the one with the most dps in the cat) has the best chance of winning-

I am in no way against this event, I only stated that without luck, getting some 5k Bonus Point loot, even Solo cant win.

Surely if you can kill 100 mobs in 10 minutes your chance of getting a high Bonus Point loot is bigger than if you kill 100 mobs in 1 hour.

5 hours done, highest was a 50 points. The rest is just 1 point every 4 or so kills. Only 250 points for the boss every 30 minis.

This means that the one who gets the 5k points wins the event.

*edit*
8 hours done, highest 1k.

Last edited:
i finished 15 hrs, and received 1 500 pt kill. no 1k or 5k. it has a lot to do with luck.

I think the balance is pretty good, the 5k though should be removed. it could be replaced with a 750 or even a 1500. but 5k for 1 kill is craziness considering most ppl are avg around 1k pts/hr.

i finished 15 hrs, and received 1 500 pt kill. no 1k or 5k. it has a lot to do with luck.

I think the balance is pretty good, the 5k though should be removed. it could be replaced with a 750 or even a 1500. but 5k for 1 kill is craziness considering most ppl are avg around 1k pts/hr.

The 5k provides incentive for the less well equipped and casual players to hunt :). I don't know how I feel about it personally. My current view is that I think it is a necessary evil.

The 5k provides incentive for the less well equipped and casual players to hunt :). I don't know how I feel about it personally. My current view is that I think it is a necessary evil.

At least you can check now to see if someone else got any by checking scores in advance.

So true. I have been playing this game for a while but I'm a noob. I play occasionally. So I realized early, a while ago, that these events are nothing more than a waste of time for those avatars like myself. But now I might be interested. I am not saying that I should get the big prize for nothing but I think that an event pool redistribution of the noob's money that goes to a noob by the way of luck might atract more noobs to play these events.

Ok, I wonder if anyone is going to take this on...
When talking about noobs, I assume we mean category noobs here, as noob noobs are at best the lower cats.
I am a category noob in that I am higher cat than I would feel right in due to mf skills. Plus, I haven't got anything highly tiered prepared, nor looked at the right pills to consume.
It takes me a bit over 1 hour to get the boss mob, so I assume I'm at best only have the speed of others getting the limit of 30 mins. This right away means 15x250 points or so over the event length and maximum half the mobs killed. I reckon that puts me 5k points down on everybody who can get the boss every 30 mins.
I would thus need a massive 5k luck just to get into the same sort of bracket as all the 30-minuters, let alone people who are faster and will get even more kills and points.

Still, this is the closest I've ever been in my calculations of any event, so ok.

My question now I guess is: what difference do tiers and pills and amping and high armour meaning no healing time do to dps? Is is about 50% on damage at tier 10, plus amping, plus whatever from whatever pills are best? Is it about a doubling? Is it true for all levels or which way does the curve go?

My question now I guess is: what difference do tiers and pills and amping and high armour meaning no healing time do to dps? Is is about 50% on damage at tier 10, plus amping, plus whatever from whatever pills are best? Is it about a doubling? Is it true for all levels or which way does the curve go?

Quite alot, each tier can provide an extra 10% damage. If you gun does 30-60 damage, then at tier 10 you can have it do 60-120 damage, add to that an amp that does half of your max base damage (if you can find one but lets just say there is in this case), then thats an extra 15-30 damage. so now your doing 75-150 damage per shot.
Lets say your weapon does 50 attacks per min, based on MA's dps formula, that would mean you have a DPS of (150*50)/60 = 125DPS. Standard would have been (90(includes 30 for amp)*50)/60 = 75DPS

Note thats MA calculation of DPS, you would prob want to use effective DPS calculation to take into account pills, etc. But just as an additional incentive, 15% reload speed = an extra 7.5 attacks per min for the above example, giving standard of 86.25DPS and 143.75DPS for tier 10.

Someone else can do the proper calculation for you with max pills/rings, etc...or you could use entropiawiki

Well this differs a bit depending on what weapon your using and what cat you´re in etc (because of mob hp)

Lets look at cat3 on 2 "top contenders" with base dps just shy of 60.

Adjusted Maddox IV (57.5 dps) and ewe ep-41 military adjusted (58.1 dps)
With best possible amp(beast / oc204) (wihtout overamping) and imp ares(fairly common and affordable ring)

Adjusted Maddox IV: 62,09 dps. 197,8 Zombies killed per hour in cat3.
Ewe ep-41 military Adjusted: 64,48 dps 205.4 Zombies killed per hour in cat3.

With tier 10.
Adjusted Maddox IV: 105,46 dps 335.97 Zombies killed per hour in cat3 (~69% more zombies killed than base)
Ewe ep-41 military: 104,51 dps 332,95 Zombies killed per hour in cat3 (~62% more zombies killed than base)

T10 + 30% reload, 50% crit dmg , 5% crit.
Adjusted Maddox IV: 128,05 dps 407,94 Zombies killed per hour in cat3 (~106% more zombies killed than base)
Ewe ep-41 military: 136,72 dps 435,55 Zombies killed per hour in cat3 (~112% more zombies killed than base)

Since the base setup kills faster than the limit for spawning kal-rahm at 30 mins there´s not as much difference as it might have been if it had meant that you´d get one extra kill.

Since there are no statistics at all provided for point gains other than (pretty much useless data) the scores in cat 3 atm, lets just assume that the average is 1 point per zombie (just to get some perspective on things.)

with base setup:
Adjusted Maddox IV: 2967 kills in 15 hours + 29 kal-rahms = 10217 points.
Ewe ep-41 military Adjusted: 3081 kills in 15 hours + 29 kal-rahms = 10331 points

T10 setup
Adjusted Maddox IV: 5039 kills in 15 hours + 29 kal-rahms = 12,289 points(~20% increase)
Ewe ep-41 military Adjusted: 4994 kills in 15 hours + 29 kal-rahms = 12244 points (~18,5% increase)

T10+buffs
Adjusted Maddox IV: 6119 kills in 15 hours + 29 kal-rahms = 13369 points(~31% increase)
Ewe ep-41 military Adjusted: 6533 kills in 15 hours + 29 kal-rahms = 13783 points (~33% increase)

Please do note that all numbers are taken from entropia, numbers are rounded for display and stuff. This is just to give an overview on the impact of things.

If you wish to compete, you should run the numbers for the setup you have against the "best possible setup" and assess your chances, or, just play for fun and hope you win something :)

Well explained, Ferial! R+ (need to spread more R+ around before I can give you again..)

Back