PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Would you use shops more often if they were easier to use?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 78.79%
  • No

4 6.06%
  • Maybe

10 15.15%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    would be a great service - shops work better than they used to (with no rent needing to be paid) and I notice I can find things at better prices or not otherwise available.

Having said that though - I do enjoy exploring and "window shopping" is one of the few free activities to do in the game. I can spend an hour looking around and not spend any peds! LOL not helpful though if you want an item badly.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pretto Loco Believingson
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Great idea and looks promising.
    But I already found inaccuracies in markup info compared to actual prices in a shop.
    Also items missing in the shop that are listed.
    I really think it needs some user feedback function so users can report inaccuracies.
    I suppose those users need to register also.

Another option might be to list shops by Type of shop.
    If you are not looking for a particular item but, for example, just want to find a gun shop, a vehicle shop, a pet shop or whatever type of shop. I think that would be easier to maintain and enough for many customers.

Also. Shouldnt I return to the main page if I click on the "Entropia Sales" button after I have done some listing?

Welcome to

Loco's Museum of Entropia Universe Biodiversity

(Genesis Star Tower C, 6G)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretto Loco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I already found inaccuracies in markup info compared to actual prices in a shop.
    I really think it needs some user feedback function so users can report inaccuracies.

If you are not looking for a particular item but, for example, just want to find a gun shop, a vehicle shop, a pet shop or whatever type of shop. I think that would be easier to maintain and enough for many customers.

Also. Shouldnt I return to the main page if I click on the "Entropia Sales" button after I have done some listing?
    Yeah I Will update nog shop soon. Lots of stuff sold.

Prowler
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretto Loco View Post

Yeah, there will be a way for users to report/flag in the future.

That's a neat idea, shop by stores online. Would be easier to maintain for sure. I'll play with that. And also split the search by planets.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Korin Dante MDe View Post
    Shops are worthless. No one visits them.

That's so funny!!!!!!!!

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kain Dewey Fall
    Society
    Specialized Planet Expedition Dominion
    Images
    Here is a idea, I currently have a map Display that shows the location of all the shops and the current owners of the shops at the locations. I do not have items though, but I am considering hiring people to cover specific shop regions and even shopkeepers in apartments possibly to do a daily track record to see what has sold and if anything new has been added.
    It wouldn't take very much time or effort after all item records are recorded onto excel or paper.
    Then could keep track of prices, sales, and player needs.
    Just a idea if you want to work together with me on this idea. For all I know, you could steal the idea >_< ,
    Though I am unsure if advertising the sales of ingame items outside of a Entropia Universe Source is allowed, it could be a great system to know a merchant society that has this type of record going on for players to try to have access to this type of information ingame.
    My idea though is to Advertise location, size of shops, and owners as well as sales trends of shops/estates and make it publicly viewable on a MAP then offer ingame advertising through the adterminal if someone wants their shop to be advertising through our sources.
    Still unknown if it is allowed or how it might be allowed to advertise the sale of items outside of a Entropia Universe Source ect or as defined to be implemented into Websites designed for a persons Society within Entropia Universe.
    If you are interested in working out some type of quick and easy system with me and partnering up or something, let me know.

Prowler
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain Dewey Fall View Post
    Here is a idea, I currently have a map Display that shows the location of all the shops and the current owners of the shops at the locations. I do not have items though, but I am considering hiring people to cover specific shop regions and even shopkeepers in apartments possibly to do a daily track record to see what has sold and if anything new has been added.
    It wouldn't take very much time or effort after all item records are recorded onto excel or paper.
    Then could keep track of prices, sales, and player needs.
    Just a idea if you want to work together with me on this idea. For all I know, you could steal the idea >_< ,
    Though I am unsure if advertising the sales of ingame items outside of a Entropia Universe Source is allowed, it could be a great system to know a merchant society that has this type of record going on for players to try to have access to this type of information ingame.
    My idea though is to Advertise location, size of shops, and owners as well as sales trends of shops/estates and make it publicly viewable on a MAP then offer ingame advertising through the adterminal if someone wants their shop to be advertising through our sources.
    Still unknown if it is allowed or how it might be allowed to advertise the sale of items outside of a Entropia Universe Source ect or as defined to be implemented into Websites designed for a persons Society within Entropia Universe.
    If you are interested in working out some type of quick and easy system with me and partnering up or something, let me know.
    What kind of map you are talking about? Like those in IRL malls where it's only mall interior map? etc.

For tracking accuracy of listings, it's currently up to the shop owners and a reporting system will be built to flag outdated stuff. If we track it manually... it sounds like it would be too much work for too little gain tbh :\. Currently my suggestion to shop owners is update it everytime you stock up, and most of the time they just change MU & Amount once for each type of item. Makes life easy!

A shop/item directory outside of EU for EU is fine, I don't think there's any issue with that.

p.s. New updates will be comming soon. I'm atm moving the database to a more modern one.

Look forward to this including Arkadian Shops. When it becomes available for Arkadia, please post on the Ark forum too.

Prowler
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Duif Dove Votan View Post
    Look forward to this including Arkadian Shops. When it becomes available for Arkadia, please post on the Ark forum too.
    Absolutely, I will do that

--

Sorry for the delay. I've successfully switched over to a better database and added a bunch more things all at the same time. Doing it all at once so future additions are much easier (search items by profession levels, dps, dmg, etc). Almost finished!

As for the browsing by shops, will work on that after this database headache is done lol.

Prowler
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Massive Update!

Changing anything in how databases work just sucks. But we got it done! Check out the new site! (You may need to press ctrl + F5 to see changes). If you listed a lot of armors or stackables, chances are, a lot of things got deleted. Sorry, it was just not possible to save them with this move :\.

Good news is, alot of info (more than I need to use atm) are added to items, so we won't have to change up the database again.

Next is pagenation, then shop profiles, then search by shops, then other planets.

Thanks for the support and all the good feedback

Hope everyone had an awesome new years
    ~Morey

2019-01-02
    - Migrated to better database
    - Added Stack sizes & M/F field to create listing
    - Added info shown in search page
    - Added Search by item type & subtype
    - Added a tonne of backend info.
    - Create Listing now shows and records more info automatically.
    - Removed the search bar for now (until It's more robust)
    - Removed ability to list an item not in the system (better database health)
    - Created Report Site Issue button on bottom.
    - Deleted a lot of Armor & Stackable item listings due to unmergable changes (from adding M or F and Stack size parameters).
    Last edited by morey; 01-02-2019 at 12:02.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast