Before you get your withdrawal delayed...

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
While it is possible that I missed it, I am going to go with that I didn't as search did not bring up any important news. It was another item that was not communicated to the player base. Let me update the player base and do one of Mindark's most important job.

If you used a routing number in your wire transfers from Entropia Universe, you are required now to change it to a BIC/SWIFT code. If you are in the United States, it is something that you likely will need to contact your bank for to get the correct one as banks still display routing numbers and bank account digits on their software. If you do not do this, on commit day, you will get skipped and you will get one of those sketchy looking emails that I have mentioned about in another thread that you may overlook or go to junk mail.

Do yourself a favor and update it. Go to your account settings -> bank account details -> change to BIC/SWIFT code.

Update: After updating it and replying back to their odd email, they went forward with the commit 1 week later.

Last edited:
Also know that some banks in u.s. do not allow overseas transactions so it still might get blocked, along with mindark's crazy fees for that...

I really wish M.A. would just use PayPal for both deposits and withdrawals... makes things much easier for the end user...

Last edited:
wow you sure sound like a whinner MA should change the withdrawl period from several months to a year imagine wanting a quick withdrawl who do you people think you are?:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::lolup:

Last edited:
wow you sure sound like a whinner MA should change the withdrawl period form several months to a year imagine wanting a quick withdrawl who do you people think you are?:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::lolup:

Some well deserved - REP.

Informing people who dont live in europe, that they need the european standard swift/bic codes, is not whinning!

wow you sure sound like a whinner MA should change the withdrawl period from several months to a year imagine wanting a quick withdrawl who do you people think you are?:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::lolup:

Had a bad day ?
Cheer up :)

The world is vast and some people might be troubled with things that seem normal for someone else, because not every bank in every country use the same standards.

Really there's no need to be so facetious, I'm actually very glad that atomicstorm posted about this because I am now informed and can prevent this problem from happening to me by taking action.

GoNI, in North America we use routing numbers, this bic/swift thing is totally new to me. Can you be nicer and more understanding of foreigners please?

This change has delayed my current withdrawal for over a month now. It would have been nice for MA to inform ALL of us with a simple communication of the change.

Ugh, just found out about this and got my swift code. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ugh, just found out about this and got my swift code. Thanks for the heads-up.

How could MA not know the swift code to deposit money into a customer registered US bank account?
One that has also been used to deposit money.
I can google it in 5 seconds.
Sounds like BS to me.
I am waiting on my first withdrawal as a sanity check.
I will post results here when I find out.
Rock

How could MA not know the swift code to deposit money into a customer registered US bank account?
One that has also been used to deposit money.
I can google it in 5 seconds.
Sounds like BS to me.
I am waiting on my first withdrawal as a sanity check.
I will post results here when I find out.
Rock

Yeah, why dont they just change numbers around in your withdrawal request ?

It is not Mindarks fault US banks are literally terrible compared to any other country in the world. By the way, BIC/Swift is not an EU standard, but an international standard (ISO 9362).

Yeah, why dont they just change numbers around in your withdrawal request ?

It is not Mindarks fault US banks are literally terrible compared to any other country in the world. By the way, BIC/Swift is not an EU standard, but an international standard (ISO 9362).

Here in the US what Mindark is referring to as the BIC/SWIFT code is known as the ABA# i.e. Bank Routing Number. Do ask your bank for it, and specifically ask them for instructions on taking incoming or making outgoing wire transfers since that is what Mindark really is doing. Also ask if there is a fee for it and how much it costs to do both incoming and outgoing wires since the fee for each are usually different. Ask questions and make sure to talk to highest manager you can since the underlings have no clue what the hell they are talking about, and get them to print out the info for you if you can so you have something on paper to discuss with them in case it does not go through and Mindark charges you their insanely high charge if it doesn't work first try.

Ask the questions because your typical bank account number and routing number are probably not the numbers Mindark wants or needs as many banks here use a third party bank so you have to get the right ABA/Bank Account Number combination and only the bank can give you that typically... as what mindark refers to as a 'bank transfer' is really known here as a 'wire transfer.'

I really wish Mindark could get Paypal back for both deposits and withdrawals since it had the what was probably the cheapest middle man fees. It was also a lot easier because you didn't have to know as much... or risk as much since Mindark didn't charge crazy fees if it didn't work I believe... and it almost always worked since you just had to know the email account associated with your paypal account, etc.

Last edited:
Wish I would've seen this post before I started my withdrawal. I still dont understand how the bank details page can be so simple. I got the swift code but I have 2 account numbers I need to enter. 1 for the beneficiary bank. Then my personal account number. So I just sent a support case with all the numbers and addresses and names of banks. Hopefully I end up with some money soon.

Too bad PayPal don't work any more? I bet your pissed :laugh:

I never use paypal. I don't agree with scammy companies with excessive fees (>10%) with questionable policies.

Also you're*

I recently sent money to someone in the US using TransferWise. All TW wanted to know was the account number, routing number and whether it's a checking or savings account. The receiver gets a domestic transfer from TW's local branch, no hassle with international or changing standards. It would be so easy for MA and cheaper for everybody to use them. (Was suggested before and MA acknowledged they're looking into them, whatever became of it? Takes nothing at all to test it.)

In my old job I had to do some wire transfers internationally to hospitals and doctors and I can tell you that even the smallest doctors office in Namibia or Thailand was able to provide me with a BIC/SWIFT from banks I never had heard before. If an US bank is not using it, maby lokk for one that does (and maybe even costs less).
As for third parties.....somehow they have to make a profit with that transfer and MA will surely never want to pay for the fees (prolly one of the reasons we lost Paypal).
IBANs are not wide spread yet, but it is surely a way to go and at least within Europe, they do not cost anything (we do not have anything else here)

Back