Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Paulo Manique Santos
    Society
    In Da Pocket
    Images
    You suffer what most suffer sadly
    investment insecurity
    one day you can invest 6 digits and over night turns to 5 digits cos MA wants to do so and can do so

Even tho you bought it long ago, its yours and MA shouldnt do that just out of their damn will
    However most item owners got screwed over time aswell with 0 compensation for the devaluation "forced" by MA's gear change or intruduction
    Landed on Calypso: 10th September 2007

Mission/Quest EU

LiveStream Channel

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Slim Shady Hellahard
    Society
    Bulletproof
    Images
    they need to stop that calypso kid dev who play whit the terrain tool
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't accomplished only by blindly shooting mobs.

The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can see iron logic in OP numbers and reasoning.
    Can I also see the same in other posts trying to come up with possible other reasons and/or solutions for the problem?
    Meh, not really.

Should MA pay for the damage they (and nobody else) inflicted? Ideally, yes, they should.
    Will this happen in the real world? Nope, not likely.

Is it hard to establish a good communication between the player base and the game design/management team?
    They can't tell you what changes they will implement, when and what consequences you should be expecting from all this. Which is exactly what the people are asking them.
    You tell me, is it easy to establish communication between two sides under those conditions? It's borderline mission: impossible, it's an art, it's a technology rooted in black magic and I have never really understood it.
    But I'm a big admirer. We had people who pulled it off. It was damn entertaining, and it was part of the game.

Would absolutely love it if we somehow could get it back...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Regardless of whether people want to hunt ambus, and other factors that may be affecting the land income, MA should never mess about with anyone's land area (or other estates) without a very good reason (e.g. fixing trapping exploits) and/or agreement from the owner. Never. Ever.

I'm still pissed off that my apartment building was moved much further away from the TP with VU10.

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Designers should be required to do 20 hours of hunting and 20 hours of mining before being let anywhere near terrain tools.

(At least I'm glad to learn that the guy who plants trees at my sleipnir spawning spots isn't after me personally )
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Doesn´t really matter if the changes is the impact for decreased income or not.

It is about safety of investments in gerneral.

If you going to buy an LA, you check how that LA is. You calculate what it will be worth, how attractive it is to hunters or miners, and then decide to invest or not.

Nea´s was mostly flat, what is perfect for hunters using long/medium range rifles, so they can kill mob befor even reaching them.
    Now its hill, even with steep hills you cant even climb, bad for rifle hunters as you have to go a lot closer to tag a mob behind a hill, speak it will reach you, do hits which results in armor decay and fap decay.

LA42 and Royal have not been overworked, still flat, still perfect for rifle hunters.

The change surely has an impact on the value of the LA.

Why at all change the scape of a player owned land, he actually bought how it is/was ????

Once a area is bought by a player, it should not be changed, easy as that.

Once more mindark fucked up one of their big investors, as they did with Deathifyer in the past (TI rework).

Now what will happen if Akoz decides to do the same and go into protest, no longer fertilizing the LAs and let them run dry of Mobs.

Its not only Nea´s Place owned by Akoz there is some other LAs too, f.e. New Swizerland.

I am totally with Akoz here and I am also with any other LA owner who suffers from random changes to their LAs made by MA without comunication with the owner befor doing changes.

Would you like if MA decides to reduce the heal/click of your ModFAP from 160 to 140 ??
    Would you like if MA reduce the range of your gun by 20% ??
    Would you like if MA increase the decay of your gun, so it goes from 3 dpp down to 2.8 dpp ???

Changing LAs is the same as changing items, and that is a no go if you ask me.

As said, you buy the LA how it is, and don´t want it changed later, same as you do with items.

Changing LAs after comunicating with the owners, and both sides agree to the change to make it a better place, then ok, but not fucking up players investments and then not even comunicating with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Farmer View Post
    I hunt in Neas last couple month and yea its not very popular and sweaters are gone
    Also i dont mind hils if loot is good
    Just a thought, maybe it was a desperate measure from MA to rid the land area of sweat bots.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Just going to leave this here, maybe anyone considering "investing" a lot of peds into a land area or something else consider reading the EULA from time to time:

It is hereby expressly clarified that the Virtual Items, accumulated in Your Account as well as the Avatar You use represent only a limited license right regulated by this agreement. Accordingly, MindArk may, at any time and at MindArk’s sole discretion, update, revise, implement patches or in any other way modify, manage and control the internal data and balancing of the Entropia Universe System and/or any aspect or feature of the Entropia Universe, with or without any prior notice to the Participant or responsibility for compensation due to loss or gain of value consequent to these modifications.

Every time you login to the game, you accept this as part of the EULA

Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Just going to leave this here, maybe anyone considering "investing" a lot of peds into a land area or something else consider reading the EULA from time to time:

It is hereby expressly clarified that the Virtual Items, accumulated in Your Account as well as the Avatar You use represent only a limited license right regulated by this agreement. Accordingly, MindArk may, at any time and at MindArk’s sole discretion, update, revise, implement patches or in any other way modify, manage and control the internal data and balancing of the Entropia Universe System and/or any aspect or feature of the Entropia Universe, with or without any prior notice to the Participant or responsibility for compensation due to loss or gain of value consequent to these modifications.

Every time you login to the game, you accept this as part of the EULA
    So it's like they saying "we f##k you by the book"! Very nice indeed!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post
    So it's like they saying "we f##k you by the book"! Very nice indeed!
    More like: "Here, take my money, I like your daily f#cking service." 10 years later: "I found a bigger instrument, I don't like yours anymore, please give me all my money back"

But bottom line is, we really lack communication on that (and any) level of gameplay... it's not normal

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast