Please give me my USD 55'976$ Back!

Status
You suffer what most suffer sadly
investment insecurity
one day you can invest 6 digits and over night turns to 5 digits cos MA wants to do so and can do so

Even tho you bought it long ago, its yours and MA shouldnt do that just out of their damn will
However most item owners got screwed over time aswell with 0 compensation for the devaluation "forced" by MA's gear change or intruduction

they need to stop that calypso kid dev who play whit the terrain tool :banghead:

I can see iron logic in OP numbers and reasoning.
Can I also see the same in other posts trying to come up with possible other reasons and/or solutions for the problem?
Meh, not really.

Should MA pay for the damage they (and nobody else) inflicted? Ideally, yes, they should.
Will this happen in the real world? Nope, not likely.

Is it hard to establish a good communication between the player base and the game design/management team?
They can't tell you what changes they will implement, when and what consequences you should be expecting from all this. Which is exactly what the people are asking them.
You tell me, is it easy to establish communication between two sides under those conditions? It's borderline mission: impossible, it's an art, it's a technology rooted in black magic and I have never really understood it.
But I'm a big admirer. We had people who pulled it off. It was damn entertaining, and it was part of the game.

Would absolutely love it if we somehow could get it back... :smoke:

Regardless of whether people want to hunt ambus, and other factors that may be affecting the land income, MA should never mess about with anyone's land area (or other estates) without a very good reason (e.g. fixing trapping exploits) and/or agreement from the owner. Never. Ever.

I'm still pissed off that my apartment building was moved much further away from the TP with VU10.

Designers should be required to do 20 hours of hunting and 20 hours of mining before being let anywhere near terrain tools.

(At least I'm glad to learn that the guy who plants trees at my sleipnir spawning spots isn't after me personally :laugh:)

Doesn´t really matter if the changes is the impact for decreased income or not.

It is about safety of investments in gerneral.

If you going to buy an LA, you check how that LA is. You calculate what it will be worth, how attractive it is to hunters or miners, and then decide to invest or not.

Nea´s was mostly flat, what is perfect for hunters using long/medium range rifles, so they can kill mob befor even reaching them.
Now its hill, even with steep hills you cant even climb, bad for rifle hunters as you have to go a lot closer to tag a mob behind a hill, speak it will reach you, do hits which results in armor decay and fap decay.

LA42 and Royal have not been overworked, still flat, still perfect for rifle hunters.

The change surely has an impact on the value of the LA.

Why at all change the scape of a player owned land, he actually bought how it is/was ????

Once a area is bought by a player, it should not be changed, easy as that.

Once more mindark fucked up one of their big investors, as they did with Deathifyer in the past (TI rework).

Now what will happen if Akoz decides to do the same and go into protest, no longer fertilizing the LAs and let them run dry of Mobs.

Its not only Nea´s Place owned by Akoz there is some other LAs too, f.e. New Swizerland.

I am totally with Akoz here and I am also with any other LA owner who suffers from random changes to their LAs made by MA without comunication with the owner befor doing changes.

Would you like if MA decides to reduce the heal/click of your ModFAP from 160 to 140 ??
Would you like if MA reduce the range of your gun by 20% ??
Would you like if MA increase the decay of your gun, so it goes from 3 dpp down to 2.8 dpp ???

Changing LAs is the same as changing items, and that is a no go if you ask me.

As said, you buy the LA how it is, and don´t want it changed later, same as you do with items.

Changing LAs after comunicating with the owners, and both sides agree to the change to make it a better place, then ok, but not fucking up players investments and then not even comunicating with them.

I hunt in Neas last couple month and yea its not very popular and sweaters are gone
Also i dont mind hils if loot is good :yay:

Just a thought, maybe it was a desperate measure from MA to rid the land area of sweat bots.

Just going to leave this here, maybe anyone considering "investing" a lot of peds into a land area or something else consider reading the EULA from time to time:

It is hereby expressly clarified that the Virtual Items, accumulated in Your Account as well as the Avatar You use represent only a limited license right regulated by this agreement. Accordingly, MindArk may, at any time and at MindArk’s sole discretion, update, revise, implement patches or in any other way modify, manage and control the internal data and balancing of the Entropia Universe System and/or any aspect or feature of the Entropia Universe, with or without any prior notice to the Participant or responsibility for compensation due to loss or gain of value consequent to these modifications.

Every time you login to the game, you accept this as part of the EULA

Just going to leave this here, maybe anyone considering "investing" a lot of peds into a land area or something else consider reading the EULA from time to time:

It is hereby expressly clarified that the Virtual Items, accumulated in Your Account as well as the Avatar You use represent only a limited license right regulated by this agreement. Accordingly, MindArk may, at any time and at MindArk’s sole discretion, update, revise, implement patches or in any other way modify, manage and control the internal data and balancing of the Entropia Universe System and/or any aspect or feature of the Entropia Universe, with or without any prior notice to the Participant or responsibility for compensation due to loss or gain of value consequent to these modifications.

So it's like they saying "we f##k you by the book"! Very nice indeed!

So it's like they saying "we f##k you by the book"! Very nice indeed!

More like: "Here, take my money, I like your daily f#cking service." 10 years later: "I found a bigger instrument, I don't like yours anymore, please give me all my money back"

But bottom line is, we really lack communication on that (and any) level of gameplay... it's not normal

Thats absolutely right, every time we log in we agree to it.

This also means MA has the right to change/remove any item any time they want.

That they have the legal right to do it, does not mean they should do it.

Its a matter of trust.
So far MA did not modify the stats of old items, why do they change shapes of old LAs ?

It would be an outcry if MA start to modify (balance) old items, people paid several k$ for it (high end gear).
Every trust would be destroyed in no time, nobody would ever again invest many thousand $ in gear.

Devaluation is one thing we can live with (new better items come into the game), nerfs of existing items is not acceptable, although we all agree to that MA can do it any time they want.

So it is not acceptable that MA changes player owned propertys.

please make hills great again :laugh:

Finished my mission on your LA so no more reason to hunt them for me.
Also I think you should be asking the community why they are not hunting on your LA anymore. I didn't hear of any changes untill now.

1 more thing i want to say, MA doesn't care about land owners nor its players... Remember how they fucked deathifier?

Deathifier screwed himself Bud.

Last edited:
loot 2.0 affected your ultimate event in quite a big way i say :wise:

That they have the legal right to do it, does not mean they should do it.

This is not about whether they should or should not do something. They have already done it and they are well within their right to do so. OP is now wanting compensation, according to the EULA which he agrees to every time he logs into the game, he is not entitled to compensation.

If you think that this breaks the Trust with MA, then start your sell out thread now, as this isn't the first, nor the last time MA has "boken trust".

After read all the comments in this thread i end up thinking hills is last thing Akoz should blame for less income .
Maybe its better to rework your events :)

2x0 electric damage, pets able to be spawned 3 at a time, a105 on opalo... the list goes on...

these damn dynamic changes ... a curse and blessing :D ... and sure it matters how to handle them :wise:

its like real life ... there is no way back in time :tongue2:

I can tell you another story …

It is about Hogglos …

For many many years this mob was only available on player owned land areas …

I was searching for a DNA like this for years, and finally found one :)

What do you think Mindark did shortly after my purchase ?

They added a natural spawn of Hogglos to the game !!!

Investing in land areas is always a risky adventure :yup:

It's unpleasant if MA targeted Akoz directly and I wouldn't be shocked if it would be so.

However, dear Akoz, you could move your ass back ingame instead of just cashing in and do something worthy with that LA.

Also, you could pay more attention to the evolution of the game itself and diversify the portfolio of mobs. Ambu is not anymore such a big thing.

It's fair to point some decrease in income on the change of terrain, but to stick it all to that, that's just laziness.

FOMA is a glaring example of how things can get from glorious to freaking sad (and a hint for a generous niche which is ignored by ALL landowners).

I can tell you another story …

It is about Hogglos …

For many many years this mob was only available on player owned land areas …

I was searching for a DNA like this for years, and finally found one :)

What do you think Mindark did shortly after my purchase ?

They added a natural spawn of Hogglos to the game !!!

Investing in land areas is always a risky adventure :yup:

That is calypso in a nutshell. They have no worry about screwing over land area owners. Now you know why you have so many unattended and empty (including having tok many).

FOMA is a glaring example of how things can get from glorious to freaking sad (and a hint for a generous niche which is ignored by ALL landowners).

So true, better ND would have kept it, then it would be still awesome grounds.

Given you own the land you should have at least some level of control over its landscapes and landscapes should not abbrupty change to such an extent.

MA needs to give people much more control over the things they own, particular land and other buildings. Even to the extent of creating an enviromental sculpting tool (or even profession :scratch2:) that allows owners to directly modify their enviroments. I'm not suggesting this should be free but it should allow reasonable modification and selection of objects for a fair price.

If MA can't build this tool for the owner then MAs own developers should be open to having a phone call and making those modifications for us.

Pick up the phone MA and start comminicating! This is the only way to ensure investor confidence.

I havn't visited Nea's place for ages but i remember the layout very well since i spend my whole iron mission chain on that landarea.

After reading this i picked my rusty gun, some ammo and went over to see myself what kind of bloody mess mindark pulled over this LA. I arrive at the TP and immediatly see the hills, but its not like i expected. The hills are
sparse with big corridors inbetween were the ground is still flat like a board. But another detail catches my eye, there isn't anyone else around, no new players doing sweat circles or hunters.

I spend the next half hour on that LA killing some ambus and traveling the whole area , after that i put out my noob car and do another round covering the borders and whatever spot i might have missed.

This hills ain't as bad as i expected, they didn't affect my hunting in any negative way and big parts of the LA are still viable for long range taggers. I think it looks better than before. During my stay i saw 1 (ONE) other person hunting there.

I thought about what else besides those innocent looking hills could be the cause, but Akoz owns more than 1 LA and if every other LA is not affected by Mayhems, platinum token hunters, relocation of sweaters and the tail of posers, traders and con artists that crowd them usually or any other ongoing events, in the same way as Nea's, i can't deny the possibility that a part of his regular hunters disliked the change so much that they stopped visiting the LA.

On a personal level i believe the LA looks better than before but i dont know about other people hunting habits and
i believe it would be awesome if mindark could take akoz concerns serious and try to redesign the LA to lend more
towards the original topography while still keeping the look fresh and in line with their standards.

It would be awesome if akoz could do a reviev to his ultimate event and put some fresh new items into that price list, to give hunters a bit more incentive to participate in that event because those prices and points you need to redeem on the current list a little dusty and dosn't motivate me at all.

Wow you sure sound like a whinner .Maybe if you put in another 58 k the game would be better why dont you put in a 100k things should get better you sound so cheap.Imagine asking for improvements who do you think you are royalty?:lolup::eyecrazy::lolup::wise:

Dear MindArk

I have been actively participating and investing in Entropia for 15 years. Through that time Entropia has gone through immense changes. CEOs has come and gone. The landscape has literally transformed several times. As an investor this definitely makes Entropia highly challenging and unpredictable to invest in. In August 2009 the implementation of a new graphics engine prompted you to recreate the whole Amethera map including all of my properties. Parts of the terrain were completely broken - as would be expected in any huge rewrite and remodeling like this. Thankfully you openly discussed these issues with me though. Although we didn't agree on everything you managed to somewhat amend the new situation by removing the worst design glitches and bugs that were most likely to affect players.

This summer you once again redesigned the terrain. This time there were no underlying issue like change of graphics engine to push for it. Further more the redesign seems very targeted and highly discriminating. My most prized possession - Outback Land 16 (Nea's place) which recently were valued over USD 100'000$ was converted from a top grade hunting area to a B- or C- grade area by the introduction of numerous high hills scattered throughout the landscape. This was not done in other locations with Ambulimax mobs, and as a consequence it has largely devalued this area. As DNAs and the shopping container are unmovable it is also not possible to reestablish this business elsewhere.

Naturally I flagged this issue through the proper support channels in June, and your support team told me to contact the team responsible directly through email, which I promptly did. I have thereafter repeatedly tried to contact you through phone, email and support cases. So far not a single request has been answered. It is less than two months since your CEO Henrik Nel reiterated the focus on communication between MindArk and the participants of Entropia Universe. We are now closing in on 5 months without a reply. Needless to say I find this situation highly disturbing.

To visualize the effect of your changes I would like to make an exception to my no-share rule, and share my income for the affected LA for the months leading up to and after the fact.

The last 12 months before the update the LA brought in a total of 108482.30 PED.
The last 3 months before the update the income was 27870.63 PED.
The 3 first months after the update the income was 16314.92 PED.

A relative reduction of over 40 %.

So what does that mean for market value?

The 1 year income for CLD is currently 160 PED. That means you would need 681.85 CLDs to match the pre-patch income for this LA. With a CLD value of say 1980 PED per CLD that puts the pre-patch LA value of 1350000 PED.
Compare that to the post-patch numbers and the LA just lost between 537905-559762 PED value, depending on whether you compare to the 3 or 12 month period. In other words well above USD 50'000 $.

Naturally land area income varies, and there are many other factors than topology that affects it. I would however like to point out that when comparing with income for OLA 16 for last year, it was actually higher in the fall months than spring, which means the seasonal events (like eomon) did not cause net negative impacts last year. The total Calypso turnover also went up in the period (Based off CLD payouts) which means this is generally not a "low-period". Further more participant-held events has been generally comparable.

Entropia is dynamic and you(MindArk) need to have the possibility to keep improving it. However I think you also need to respect the fact that people have real money tied up in this game and that every change you make can potentially have enormous financial impact. What is worse though is not picking up the phone, replying to support cases and replying to emails. I do not understand how I can encourage anyone else to invest in an environment like that.

You have also booth in your Land area. i dont know story of it but i tried to buy one also from MA and they said its not possible. dunno how u got it there.

I still think this guy sounds very ungrateful and uppity:wise:

Last edited:
EU evolves. And so must you.

Last edited:
Status
Back