Adj. Maddox IV with enhancers log(experiment)

chronos913

Guardian
Society
Classified
Uni Chronos Planar
I've been using an Adj. Maddox IV tiered to 7.4 for the past year. Most of the time I used enhancers, sometimes I didn't. Recently, I've had a few people tell me that it wasnt wise to use enhancers on a weapon with such a high rate of fire because it would be an incredibly high break rate. So, I decided to log a few runs to see how long it would take me to break a stack of 20 damage enhancers for at least one tier.

Setup:
Adv. Maddox IV with Beast Amp, Jzar precision scope, Bullseye 4
Phantom +5B plates
Mod 2350 fap

Each run was either until the gun broke or until i ran out of ammo. I didn't loot much of anything with any markup. I'm sure that the total return would've been a little better had i saved stacks, but that wasn't really the purpose of the runs. All runs were done on the feffox spawn south of North Space Base B (doing iron missions), Enhancer cost was calculated using a 350% markup, since that was about the avg of what i paid total.
I'll probably do a comparison run experiment without enhancers to put costs side by side later.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ss3HeUVdsagIqsb3QVbp-4oWDYNhjUHactQTibdUS9c/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Thanks ! Was wondering the break rate with this toy.I also use this weapon, it is tier 2, i don't see any reason to use enhancer and to upgrade the tier on my weapon. Enhancers cost too much and break too fast.

My run are not exactly the same as you, i take 300 peds ammo, and the decay of the weapon + beast is around 200. So that's a 500 peds each run, approx 1 hour per run. Then i go repair calc return etc.

Enhancers might be usefull for event or something like that.

A bit off topic : Maybe in the future, an improved maddox IV and improved ep-41 will be in game ? :)

+rep

edit : i do not use sight and scope, how much it does affect the skills gain ? a few % ?

Thanks ! Was wondering the break rate with this toy.I also use this weapon, it is tier 2, i don't see any reason to use enhancer and to upgrade the tier on my weapon. Enhancers cost too much and break too fast.

My run are not exactly the same as you, i take 300 peds ammo, and the decay of the weapon + beast is around 200. So that's a 500 peds each run, approx 1 hour per run. Then i go repair calc return etc.

Enhancers might be usefull for event or something like that.

A bit off topic : Maybe in the future, an improved maddox IV and improved ep-41 will be in game ? :)

+rep

edit : i do not use sight and scope, how much it does affect the skills gain ? a few % ?

Part 1: you are correct that at tier 2 the benefit is negligible for enhancers. At tier 5+ the benefit begins to outweigh the cost especially with accuracy enh for grinding or dog enhancers for mayhem.

Part 2: bullseye 8 each have a bonus of roughly 0.1% eff. Longreach 4 is the highest eff scope outside of buff scopes and adds another 0.1% eff. Using any non buff scope besides the longreach 4 is lowering your eff. Using 2 sights and 1 scope (you can attach a sight to your scope) is 0.3% but it’s effect on loot is still being debated as it is “fake” eff as these items have a negative DPP.

Back