PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is gambling because there's a chance of getting higher valued stuff from the boxes. Same as with loot crates in other games that don't have a real cash conversion between in game and out of game currency. The TT is just a red herring...
    then entropia gameplay is also gambling sence you can loot items with higher value you input into a mob.
    this new law is targeting the "lust" of buying more to get more just the same as entropia hunting mining crafting works. So if lootboxes are illegal so is the entropia we know it.
    And ppl still say entropia is no gamble

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    Sure, pulling a ring is pure chance, but it's not gambling, because you cannot lose a dime
    Kitty, Rover, Panda now have 10 PED TT value ???

You can lose 10 PED !
    Fact
    The PETs value is just the animal essence you may get back which is 1 pec, not 10 PED.
    PET itself doesn´t even have a TT value.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Graden (Switch) Foss
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ProActive Mango View Post
    If you ban certain ppl from buying lootboxes sence they are so called "gambling" and still sells lootboxes to other players/countries. Then that is a BIG BIG trap. Some can gamble som cant.... you get my drift?
    No. As I already posted elsewhere, the legal definitions of what gambling is and what is not vary from country to country and also over time depending on what local courts make out of local laws and regulations. Also, what is allowed and what is not allowed with regard to gambling differs widely and with time. Therefore, you can′t say people elsewhere were gambling too by buying l00tboxes when the applicable laws for them don′t regard this activity as gambling at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post

You can lose 10 PED !
    Fact
    The PETs value is just the animal essence you may get back which is 1 pec, not 10 PED.
    Huh??
    As far as I know pets from boxes always come only as part of a package which does have 10 PED of TT value indeed. Nothing to lose, there.
    Last edited by GradenFoss; 12-13-2018 at 16:31.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Fox FM superb
    Society
    2H2H
    Images
    Mumbojumbo

Entropia is like an box of chocolate...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max Hec Walker
    Images
    Of the 4 starter packs will Gold and Platinum be changed since both contain strongboxes and keys?
    And RT starter pack is not in webshop anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    It is gambling because there's a chance of getting higher valued stuff from the boxes. Same as with loot crates in other games that don't have a real cash conversion between in game and out of game currency. The TT is just a red herring...
    REALLY? And how do you get "higher value" strongboxes?
    What is this Maximum "higher value" a strongbox gives you upon opening it?

The internet's Lootbox value argument has been: they give something of no-low value that will never be used.
    Yet strongboxes give items that will be used or sold for some indescribable, uncontrollable, ever changing "value" in player-to-player agreements which means the "value" you allude to is all in the eye of the beholder.
    And since 1 dollar equals 10 ped ingame as long as players can TT everything they get from strongboxes to get a return of the TT value then its not gambling... now if you argue that... then you have a case.

The internet's gambling argument is when there's a possibility that Nothing is given in exchange for money.
    Does MA give less value-to-0 value from strongbox when opened?
    NO.
    And 1 dollar equals 10 ped ingame but can the items be quickly and easily transferred into this ped value...
    There's the problem and that includes purchased starter pack items and their TT value being locked unable to traded P2P nor exchanged for TT value for a quick and easy transfer into ped.
    This includes TT items from RT/HTT that are paid for by players in PEDs and are locked. Such items are left untradeable and TT returns no value means those player purchased items could be construed as outright theft or gambling. (And theft because even if those items get "used" they have 3% value left when TT'd.)

Note I agree the Free Tutorial items given in game should all be locked, their purpose is to show how to play.
    Anything given by MA or partners as Gifts should not be locked.

Don't bother replying directly to me since I log on maybe once a month, I just put this here for further discussion.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images

Everyone outside of Sweden can carry on opening boxes then.

Dont open any boxes left outside of your apartment though.....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post

You can lose 10 PED !
    Fact
    You always get a pet + other loot.
    Besides that converting to essence can Also get you 3 pec essence or rare essence, which has Nice markup.

well i forsee ALOT of sweden players that will quit the game sence ppl from sweden will be desciminated against and not have the same possibilites as others.

Why play when you are always being dealt the worst hand?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
    Society
    Synergen
    Images

Lightbulb Let's cook it up and eat it. No more pills!

Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    Would be nice if you scrap the strongboxes altogether and make pills and stuff craftable.
    I tend to agree with the loot boxes. abolish them.

Now as for the pills I would say that the better option would be something along the lines of cooking.. as a Friend of mined suggested why not where the loot drops couuld be some sort of meats.. We could have the miners look for spices/minerals/chemicals to put in said food (Such like Salt craystals (Salt0 we could add in other spices in the fruit walking idea (Pepper anyone) and course we could be allowed to cook (and get skills for that, including Chemisry and cooking..

(After all, cooks are chemists and they know how to cook)

The foods that they produce could be crafted per se (Over a new Cooking Terminal which would be much like a crafting terminal.and the finished products when consumed would be able to give a buff to a person for a set time
    (6 to 24 hours say)

In short get rid of the loot boxes pills and make it wehre we can craft food that we can eat and thus purchase and consume, giving us buffs (like for 24 hours at most

Just a thought process that came out of a friend of mine.

(Sgt._ Benjamin Ben Coyote (IFN Marines)
    a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"and "His_Dog_Spt"
    I may be blind but I shoot better with my eyes closed. - Ben Coyote
    If yo can't see the patterns, then you really need to learn Braille. -- Ben Coyote
    Learn to be flexible, and learn to adapt, and you'll survive - Ben Coyote

Alpha
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Botek Robotek Jura
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    This is bad. Shut them boxes down for everyone. This aint going to end well..lol

Cheers!
    Robo

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast