Opportunity for MA to technologically advance in Artificial Intelligence

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
I am hunting leviathan. I noticed that the AI is really NOTICEABLY MISSING in them. There's some great opportunity to shine in the AI technology here. Instead of wasting time on VR and crypto coins perhaps a SMART MA would capitalize on the chance to make a great improvement. Levi can't even swim over a hill underwater is pretty sad.

yeah that's maybe # 13803 on the agenda.

in other words, no. won't happen and nobody needs it either when battles with monsters are literally target and shoot til dead and that's all there is to it.

I've already been reprimanded for excessive negativity towards MindArk, so I won't say anything other than I really really hope that you are wrong about them venturing into VR.

Two observations about NPC AI in games:

1. Yes, it tends to be better in other games. Slightly better in MMO's, considerably better in single player shooters.

2. Nobody knows how to make AI significantly better in big MMO's. The more complex you make the AI algorithm the more computing power it takes (obviously). Which is not a big problem as long as there's relatively small number of AI's on the map. Once this number reaches a few thousands like in MMO's, it's a nightmare.

TL;DR: Can't really blame MA for a major problem nobody else has solved either.
Then again, if they can'rt be bothered to even fix a simple pathfinding algorithm that's way too freakin' lazy indeed.

Asking MA to ADVANCE the in the field of Artificial Intelligence is overkill for this game. Take a look at Dota, there are bots that can beat even the pros.
People are already having problems figuring this game out, changing the mobs to actually do something other than being thorny pinatas would make those fools get a heartattack!

Fifth, it has been solved. Just no one is interested in fighting machine learned AI because everyone would literally get destroyed. You'd want to be grinding a mob and instead of pulling one at a time they gather literally everyone and zerg you? Thats what you guys are asking for.

I know OP just wanted Levis to stop getting stuck in the floor which is fair. But asking MA to advance the field of AI is, as I said, overkill.

Besides MA is probably not the right company to be dabbling with anything regarding "Intelligence" when they themselves cant even figure out how to enforce their own event rules.

Look at the history of cat 2 survival halloween winner/summer cat 2 2nd place and tell me thats not an alt account thats only being played for events. (If you look at cat 9 you can probably figure out who it is)

I am hunting leviathan. I noticed that the AI is really NOTICEABLY MISSING in them. There's some great opportunity to shine in the AI technology here. Instead of wasting time on VR and crypto coins perhaps a SMART MA would capitalize on the chance to make a great improvement. Levi can't even swim over a hill underwater is pretty sad.

Why would they make AI smart enough to go around or over something when they can just make it unreachable and screw us out of peds?

Back