PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help wanted!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Captain Cereal Crunch
    I have no write the Support but find some pictures and videos of neas place and we can see, we see flat land...

Maybe there should be something for the people who are helpful here in the forum and not only those who write the support. I now that your Land Neas place was different and not so hilly like today..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Eon Ost Turf
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Images
    Now this reminds me of the "no change" I see when looking down on my belly. It used to be flat too..

Alpha
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Botek Robotek Jura
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Khm... Its "Help needed" not wanted... but anyways. Ppl helped you with bmw purchase, house renovation, etc. You really know how to milk others in any way possible...lol Good luck!

Robo

By Mega: Perhaps Mindark may wish to take a closer look at some other examples that have been going on under their nose for quite some time.

Since 2005,
    Robotek

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    The problem I see here is that this changes made to Nea´s LA are not really new, its not that this hills have been added last 2 or 3 VUs, it was over a year back if I remember right.

Since sweaters left Nea´s long time ago, I am not very often there, simply because I was mainly with the sweaters at this LA, so I cant give proper date or VU when the changes happened.

What I can remember is that the LA was flat even after VU10 it was still flat, and today its hill in many places.

Looking at Deathi LA (Treasure Island), he complained right after the VUs that changed his landscape and got it sorted out fairly fast, sad thing is that a few VUs later MA did the same shit to the same LA again. Why ?

Anyways TI still got a lot better landscape than Neas, but the lack of fertilizer makes TI extremly useless for me, only thing I do there is occationally some miner bots or sec ents, everything else is dead.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    Wouldn't it be better to ask the owner of the land area to provide the many screenshts they've taken of their land over the years?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Ninja Kevlie
    Society
    Dark Knights - Apprentices
    Images
    Hey Akoz,

Hope this helps:

and reply from MA within 6 minutes:

Last edited by Kevlie; 12-21-2018 at 15:20.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    I totally respect that you don't like the changes and would like them reverted, but I'm curious - I don't know how land ownership works, is there some SLA or other type of agreement where MA states that they have to get you to approve any changes to the land? Conversely, is there anything in the contract where they state they may modify the terrain at their discretion? Knowing the answers to these questions would help determine if you are wasting your time.

From a technical perspective, there's not a simple way to just "revert" the land back to how it was. Essentially you are asking them to take development time and resources to resurface your LA, just because you don't care for it. I understand you've invested a lot in it, but I just want you to know what you are asking. They can't just flip a switch and magically have your LA back to how it was.

Rogue Banker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Akoz
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I totally respect that you don't like the changes and would like them reverted, but I'm curious - I don't know how land ownership works, is there some SLA or other type of agreement where MA states that they have to get you to approve any changes to the land? Conversely, is there anything in the contract where they state they may modify the terrain at their discretion? Knowing the answers to these questions would help determine if you are wasting your time.
    According to the EULA MA can do whatever they want. According to Swedish consumer laws it's more of a gray area. As far as I know the EULA hasn't been tested in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    From a technical perspective, there's not a simple way to just "revert" the land back to how it was. Essentially you are asking them to take development time and resources to resurface your LA, just because you don't care for it. I understand you've invested a lot in it, but I just want you to know what you are asking. They can't just flip a switch and magically have your LA back to how it was.
    The industry standard is to keep backups of all code and resources used for products like this (source control). If there isn't then yes they would need to open up their 3D environment designer and do some patchwork. The impact of the changes done are severe in terms of land area value. I believe this has been done in error and that once this has been realized it will be in MindArks self interest to fix this in order to show they are interested in investment security for their players. Otherwise how can they expect anyone to ever invest serious cash in anything ever again?

Rogue Banker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Akoz
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andy86 View Post
    Hey

I submitted the following supportcase:

and attached this picture showing how one position on your land looked like in 2015 compared to today:

If you zoom in on the picture you can see that I stand on the exact same cords.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
    Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlie View Post
    Hey Akoz,

Hope this helps:

and reply from MA within 6 minutes:

Awesome! Thank you guys!

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoz View Post
    The industry standard is to keep backups of all code and resources used for products like this (source control). If there isn't then yes they would need to open up their 3D environment designer and do some patchwork. The impact of the changes done are severe in terms of land area value. I believe this has been done in error and that once this has been realized it will be in MindArks self interest to fix this in order to show they are interested in investment security for their players. Otherwise how can they expect anyone to ever invest serious cash in anything ever again?
    Yes of course, but they couldn't just look up which commit it occurred in and rollback those changes, that would impact way too many other things. Terrain data isn't conveniently isolated the same way source files are. They would need to stage that particular revision and manually look at your LA and try to recreate it. In other words, you can't just say "roll back the changes from this commit but only for this dude's land area".

But I could be wrong and maybe MA has an incredibly good system for version control that allows them to make isolated incremental changes to specific land areas.

I hope it works out for you, just saying that it's not a simple thing you are asking; at least in my experience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast