Help wanted!

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Hi everyone

This past summer my land area OLA 16 - Nea's place went through some changes. Quite a few hills popped up all over the land area. Whether it was a change for the better or worse is a discussion for another thread, but as I really don't like them, and I don't like MA changing my land this drastically for no reason without consulting me I asked MA to have it changed back.

After trying to get a hold of MA for 6 months they have now gotten back to me saying no such change ever took place.
1_244803.jpg

I would therefor like to ask for your help documenting that the change indeed took place. If a few of us makes a support case each with either a before- and after screenshot, or eye-witness testimony documenting the change maybe they will take another look at it.

As a thank you for any effort towards this goal, and in the spirit of Christmas I would like to give back a little. I'd therefor like to give;
  • A Fi/Ra/Co Dante amp to whoever writes the best documented support case.
  • An A106 to whoever writes the most creative support case
  • A CLD to whoever writes the funniest support case.
  • ..and my apartment at Cthulu Towers 2H drawn randomly between everyone helping.

If you wish to help please just file a support case and post a screenshot of the support case in this thread for reference.
Items will be given out 10 days from now. Should you like to refer to my support case the ID is 358673.

Thanks in advance!

Akoz

Edit:
Thank you all for helping. Andy, RickEngland and Captain Crunch gets the rewards promised above.

(Sorry for a completely unrelated pic, but just.. memories :ahh:)

Last edited:
i was hunting ambu there some while back and got a few of those points in your event. i exchanged them for peds a few times. if you got the dates when i did exchange them i may find the screenshots to those globals. should prove quite a bit but as lbml tracks every global seperated by date its a little tough to look through them (past 3 years)

if you got the date i can give you the screens if it helps.

P.S. nvm i found em.

P.P.S. heres the link with all of them pictures: https://imgur.com/a/3MDuGIl
they are from march 2016 to february 2017. with coords and looking direction you could recreate them and show them proof. if you need an exact date for a certain picture i can provide that as well

Last edited:

(Sorry for a completely unrelated pic, but just.. memories :ahh:)

Ah yes.... Memories.... :sweat:

I guess that picture doesn't help too much, I'll have a think about the funniest support case offer though. ;)

I don′t know exactly how long it′s been, since I visited Nea′s.

I did a lot of sweating there, until it became pointless. I regularily did mine there, until MA changed mining. I often went for fruitwalking there, until MA changed that, too. I even killed the odd ambu there once in a while, which I now do mostly on untaxed territory.

I remember changes to the vegetation. Today I went there out of curiousness, because of your complaint.

I will confirm that the landscape has changed considerably since I last been to Nea′s.

nea_splacechanges.jpg

Neither that ramp-like flattening––marked by the flash symbol––nor the many small hills popping up––some marked by cycles––have there been before, to my recollection.

Feel free to enclose my statement and the screenshot in your support case.

EDIT:

I might add that on my travels––mostly on foot––I encountered lots of smaller changes in the landscape after the last couple of VUs. Some of them far in the wilderness, where I thought what good did it do, while other places needed a make-over way more in my opinion, since years. I also have to say I am still unhappy about what on TI has happened, although I understand those changes were initiated by the owner.

Last edited:
Hey

I submitted the following supportcase:

and attached this picture showing how one position on your land looked like in 2015 compared to today:

If you zoom in on the picture you can see that I stand on the exact same cords.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Andy

After trying to get a hold of MA for 6 months they have now gotten back to me saying no such change ever took place.

Well probably they imply "there were no changes [for last 6 months]". And omitted last part for some (obvious) reason.
Hopefully if you'll understand their logic you'll fight them more successfully :)

Hey

and attached this picture showing how one position on your land looked like in 2015 compared to today:

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Andy
Lol, that's abuse from MA... But wait.. according to their EULA they can do whatever they want as they please?

Hey

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Andy

This should pretty much prove your case right there... So now we wait and see their response. Pretty hard to argue with this screenshot that changes have happened.

The big question is will they do anything about it?

Dear MA

funny support case.

I was wondering around Neas recently and noticed these new small hills all over the 'Place' that wasn't there before. I think Akoz asked his gardener that works at Neas to dispose of a huge stash of Dante Amps he re-purchased at buyout over the years to hold auction price values high.

You just can't get good employees these days. so I reckon that gardener dumped them in a big pile and covered them with soil.

Could you kindly move in some excavators and dig up and flatten those hills, find all those unlimited amps and put them in Ambul loot pool. This I'm sure will get people hunting Ambuls again for sure and keep Akoz very happy.

I think Akoz needs a chat with his gardener to be honest, but if you could help out, that would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

ps: tongue in check mate, I did tons of hunting on your LA's over the years....anyway LOL.

There used to be a nice little mob-free path from Neas to Omegaton, right in between the LAs there. Nowadays there's always something along that path... If you get MA to update your LA may as well overhaul the entire landscape in the area around there...

While at it, lets get vu 10 stuff back since everything got scrambled after that...

Maybe Mindark devs can look at Falco's old maps and get some things back to the way they were?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...y-Maps-VU-10&p=2124249&viewfull=1#post2124249

http://www.moselbert.de/EU/Entropiakarten.htm

I have no write the Support but find some pictures and videos of neas place and we can see, we see flat land...

Maybe there should be something for the people who are helpful here in the forum and not only those who write the support. I now that your Land Neas place was different and not so hilly like today..

Now this reminds me of the "no change" I see when looking down on my belly. It used to be flat too..

Khm... Its "Help needed" not wanted... but anyways. Ppl helped you with bmw purchase, house renovation, etc. You really know how to milk others in any way possible...lol Good luck!

Robo

The problem I see here is that this changes made to Nea´s LA are not really new, its not that this hills have been added last 2 or 3 VUs, it was over a year back if I remember right.

Since sweaters left Nea´s long time ago, I am not very often there, simply because I was mainly with the sweaters at this LA, so I cant give proper date or VU when the changes happened.

What I can remember is that the LA was flat even after VU10 it was still flat, and today its hill in many places.

Looking at Deathi LA (Treasure Island), he complained right after the VUs that changed his landscape and got it sorted out fairly fast, sad thing is that a few VUs later MA did the same shit to the same LA again. Why ?

Anyways TI still got a lot better landscape than Neas, but the lack of fertilizer makes TI extremly useless for me, only thing I do there is occationally some miner bots or sec ents, everything else is dead.

Wouldn't it be better to ask the owner of the land area to provide the many screenshts they've taken of their land over the years?

Hey Akoz,

Hope this helps:

and reply from MA within 6 minutes:

Last edited:
I totally respect that you don't like the changes and would like them reverted, but I'm curious - I don't know how land ownership works, is there some SLA or other type of agreement where MA states that they have to get you to approve any changes to the land? Conversely, is there anything in the contract where they state they may modify the terrain at their discretion? Knowing the answers to these questions would help determine if you are wasting your time.

From a technical perspective, there's not a simple way to just "revert" the land back to how it was. Essentially you are asking them to take development time and resources to resurface your LA, just because you don't care for it. I understand you've invested a lot in it, but I just want you to know what you are asking. They can't just flip a switch and magically have your LA back to how it was.

I totally respect that you don't like the changes and would like them reverted, but I'm curious - I don't know how land ownership works, is there some SLA or other type of agreement where MA states that they have to get you to approve any changes to the land? Conversely, is there anything in the contract where they state they may modify the terrain at their discretion? Knowing the answers to these questions would help determine if you are wasting your time.
According to the EULA MA can do whatever they want. According to Swedish consumer laws it's more of a gray area. As far as I know the EULA hasn't been tested in court.

From a technical perspective, there's not a simple way to just "revert" the land back to how it was. Essentially you are asking them to take development time and resources to resurface your LA, just because you don't care for it. I understand you've invested a lot in it, but I just want you to know what you are asking. They can't just flip a switch and magically have your LA back to how it was.
The industry standard is to keep backups of all code and resources used for products like this (source control). If there isn't then yes they would need to open up their 3D environment designer and do some patchwork. The impact of the changes done are severe in terms of land area value. I believe this has been done in error and that once this has been realized it will be in MindArks self interest to fix this in order to show they are interested in investment security for their players. Otherwise how can they expect anyone to ever invest serious cash in anything ever again?

Hey

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Andy

Hey Akoz,

Hope this helps:

and reply from MA within 6 minutes:

Awesome! Thank you guys!

The industry standard is to keep backups of all code and resources used for products like this (source control). If there isn't then yes they would need to open up their 3D environment designer and do some patchwork. The impact of the changes done are severe in terms of land area value. I believe this has been done in error and that once this has been realized it will be in MindArks self interest to fix this in order to show they are interested in investment security for their players. Otherwise how can they expect anyone to ever invest serious cash in anything ever again?

Yes of course, but they couldn't just look up which commit it occurred in and rollback those changes, that would impact way too many other things. Terrain data isn't conveniently isolated the same way source files are. They would need to stage that particular revision and manually look at your LA and try to recreate it. In other words, you can't just say "roll back the changes from this commit but only for this dude's land area".

But I could be wrong and maybe MA has an incredibly good system for version control that allows them to make isolated incremental changes to specific land areas.

I hope it works out for you, just saying that it's not a simple thing you are asking; at least in my experience.

You know...

There's a whole lot of useless ocean space for MA to play with, but nope. Where's the fun in it if it doesn't ruin entire areas for people.

Lots of places I used to mine and now never set foot in.

Yes of course, but they couldn't just look up which commit it occurred in and rollback those changes, that would impact way too many other things. Terrain data isn't conveniently isolated the same way source files are. They would need to stage that particular revision and manually look at your LA and try to recreate it. In other words, you can't just say "roll back the changes from this commit but only for this dude's land area".

But I could be wrong and maybe MA has an incredibly good system for version control that allows them to make isolated incremental changes to specific land areas.

I hope it works out for you, just saying that it's not a simple thing you are asking; at least in my experience.
True. The quicker way is probably to simply fire up the world editor and just re-flatten the area.

Can people please NOT sending idiotic support messages clocking up the few resources MA has for something like this?

So this LA has changed, so effing what, a lot has changed here over the years, gun stats have been changed, hangars, taming ... The list is endless ...

... so why are you so effing special?

MA changed it, prolly for the better, one leech less withdrawing fat sums every month ... Your investment has been paid many times over, so my empathy is very, veery limited.

Would love to see mods locking this pointless thread imo

If Akoz gets a special treatment after spamming support every nub and his dog will do the same - so thats the dead end for everyone

So go the judicial way and proof your are right or stop this shit

As a game designer and also Level designer, i can say, making it flat again is done within 5 min of level design work. Just by using the smoth or flat tool of the engine. It don't need to roll back anything.

As a game designer and also Level designer, i can say, making it flat again is done within 5 min of level design work. Just by using the smoth or flat tool of the engine. It don't need to roll back anything.

Right, that's what I said originally. They would need to resurface it; reverting the changes to exactly how they were (what the OP was asking for) would be highly problematic.

I think 5 min is a bit exaggerated; you overestimate the level of talent MA has.

... so why are you so effing special?

If Akoz gets a special treatment after spamming support every nub and his dog will do the same - so thats the dead end for everyone
Thank you both for commenting this thread.

I am not asking for special treatment. I'm asking for the opposite. My la was the only ambu area that was wrecked. The competitor la's weren't. I'm asking for a well documented discrepancy to be fixed that apparently MA isn't even aware about based on their reply.

I also don't want whining on the forums to be the way to contact MA. It's just that after 6 months of trying every other angle without getting a reply this is what I'm left with.

I also think it's in every player's interest to have investment security (ie not change valuable things overnight), and to let MindArk know when this is missing. Thons of examples of previous mishaps isn't what you want in the comments section when the next big thing is announced and attempted sold.

Merry Christmas

The way those ant hills sprout out of your LA is almost like a bug. Maybe they didn't change anything but your LA is bugged in some way??

Something has definitely happened. Whether it's a bug or a change it needs fixing, it's bad for everyone including MA.

I am not asking for special treatment.

You do, many of us has had big losses because of MA messed something up and you already got the usual treatment after that --> nothing happend except some lame words, after many months and support cases

ofc its stupid then to "invest" something here, lesson learned

only my modest opinion

Last edited:
Heres my entry

oh well i guess i have always wanted to try something like this :p

To the dearest great gods above the heavens:

by decree of King Akoz, ruler of the blessed land of Neas, an invitation has been sent to all poets, clowns and brave colonists of entropia to solve a problem that has been persistently plaguing him for some time. As one such participant, i traveled to the fable land of Neas with my most amazing trusted ritual tools and witness on this date and time and this very sec at 2018-12-25 08:32:59, the problem that has caused King Akoz endless worry: a huge bunch of small hills sprouting on his land.

King Akoz believes that these are a sign of downfall for his empire and those hills resemble tombstones that symbolize an end of his era. I humbly beseech thee, O great gods above, to quell your anger and cease the divine punishment you have wrought upon his lands and instead, shower him with benevolence and love by removing those hills that has caused him endless worry and instead, fill his land with ambulimax plushies. Would i could, i would have written this letter filled with blood to show thee my outmost dedication so please kindly consider my plea, O great divine ones.

Yours Sincerely,

Snow

Entropiauniversespecialcase.png

Back