Help wanted!

The way those ant hills sprout out of your LA is almost like a bug. Maybe they didn't change anything but your LA is bugged in some way??

Something has definitely happened. Whether it's a bug or a change it needs fixing, it's bad for everyone including MA.

That's some bug in that case. Thanks for your support. Let's see what they find out.

aren't the land maps created with a simple bitmap type file that the game engine creates in to 3d using alpha colors to create higher and lower areas form the flat plane? If so, devs should be able to just make the entire bitmap one color and make it flat as paper.

I would therefor like to ask for your help documenting that the change indeed took place. If a few of us makes a support case each with either a before- and after screenshot, or eye-witness testimony documenting the change maybe they will take another look at it.

As a thank you for any effort towards this goal, and in the spirit of Christmas I would like to give back a little. I'd therefor like to give;
  • A Fi/Ra/Co Dante amp to whoever writes the best documented support case.
  • An A106 to whoever writes the most creative support case
  • A CLD to whoever writes the funniest support case.
  • ..and my apartment at Cthulu Towers 2H drawn randomly between everyone helping.

If you wish to help please just file a support case and post a screenshot of the support case in this thread for reference.
Items will be given out 10 days from now. Should you like to refer to my support case the ID is 358673.

Thanks in advance!

Akoz

Edit:
Thank you all for helping. Andy, RickEngland and Captain Crunch gets the rewards promised above.

Dear MA

funny support case.

I was wondering around Neas recently and noticed these new small hills all over the 'Place' that wasn't there before. I think Akoz asked his gardener that works at Neas to dispose of a huge stash of Dante Amps he re-purchased at buyout over the years to hold auction price values high.

You just can't get good employees these days. so I reckon that gardener dumped them in a big pile and covered them with soil.

Could you kindly move in some excavators and dig up and flatten those hills, find all those unlimited amps and put them in Ambul loot pool. This I'm sure will get people hunting Ambuls again for sure and keep Akoz very happy.

I think Akoz needs a chat with his gardener to be honest, but if you could help out, that would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

ps: tongue in check mate, I did tons of hunting on your LA's over the years....anyway LOL.

Wow!!!! I was in MM FFA2 instance, (almost done the 10 stages twice btw), thinking.... "hang in there Rick with your new FEN Mace". Then this PM comes in from Akoz…."hi Rick you've won the A106".

Unbelievable what a lovely surprise. Thank you very much Akoz.

Lets hope 2019 is really a Happy New Year for you, and MA dig up those hills.

The best thing I can do to say thanks, is sell it and do some ambuls on your LA....hows that.

Selling A106 fast, 1100 peds Pm Rick in game.

Massive smile

Rick

aren't the land maps created with a simple bitmap type file that the game engine creates in to 3d using alpha colors to create higher and lower areas form the flat plane? If so, devs should be able to just make the entire bitmap one color and make it flat as paper.

They could, but I am pretty sure they wanted to give Calypso more flair and did more terra-forming, as they have been doing. All flat land makes the planet look even more bland than it already looks - but it will take more than terra-forming to make Calypso look interesting (it needs color and more interesting artifacts).

Hey

I submitted the following supportcase:

and attached this picture showing how one position on your land looked like in 2015 compared to today:

If you zoom in on the picture you can see that I stand on the exact same cords.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Andy

OMG that is a huge difference. lol.....

In response to Mega though, I would love to help write out a support case, You would need evidence such as before screenshots and after screenshots to include in the support case. Possibly at least 2 showing a decent portion of the land, or at least even 1 good screen shot of before and after would be good enough since they said no changes were made.
Then explain the situation in detail and if they have anything to say in regard to that, I would love to know where the case leads because I would be willing to take a step forward in more ways than just this one just to get a point across under professional standards of appropriate action and repercussion of doing what is supposed to be done versus how you want them to be done.
Of course, don't be rude in the support case, we are just trying to address that the landscape of your land area have been manipulated and that you wish for it to be changed to it's original state. If You can find some good examples of before and after photos, then I will submit my version of a support case because I would love to win :p
I may just submit my version of a support cause here in a day or two.

Apparently I made a comment and it didn't post, how odd. Good Luck! I thought it was thorough and well written.
I wonder how many people are going to be put on temporary suspension for abusing the support system because of this. >_< You all can just post your support contact suggestions here, you don't have to spam Support.... Though it might make a difference, I would rather take signatures than spam though. EVeryone thinks differently presumably. *cough* no *cough*
You just need probably at least 2 before and after photos, explain that your land was changed against your will and that your interest is in having the land remain how it was before, flat. That is my short best guess..

Last edited:
smaht.jpg
Angel O2 Mercer (Flat Earth Representative, Retired Ninja, Unicorn Whisperer)
As a representative of The Flat Earth Society, I find this attack on the flatness of Akoz's real estate to be the last straw.

Nea's Place used to be the perfect flat space for hunting, it was boiling people conducting their flat business. But now not a single straight line can be seen... and this is a big nuissance for us flat hunters.

You can be sure I will contact MindArk about this changes so we can all stop the blatant de-flattening of your land area.

What even is a "sphere"? Wake up guys !

:) hehehe gotcha

smaht.jpg
Angel O2 Mercer (Flat Earth Representative, Retired Ninja, Unicorn Whisperer)
As a representative of The Flat Earth Society, I find this attack on the flatness of Akoz's real estate to be the last straw.

Nea's Place used to be the perfect flat space for hunting, it was boiling people conducting their flat business. But now not a single straight line can be seen... and this is a big nuissance for us flat hunters.

You can be sure I will contact MindArk about this changes so we can all stop the blatant de-flattening of your land area.

What even is a "sphere"? Wake up guys !

:) hehehe gotcha

I think this person should be a winner... :D

Wow, thank you very much for the reward Akoz. This year starts now well for me :naughty:

I am not sure if support cases allow for videos but regardless maybe this will cheer you up a tiny bit.

It's the equivalent of a 3d doodle i threw together quickly, so don't expect to much but maybe it will entertain regardless.

I basically took the color information of your screenshot showcasing what happened to neas and used it to deform an originally smooth plane.

Those sharp edged hills look kinda similar to me ... i would guess that the seed used to deform your area got corrupted.

Hope things buff out soon.

(edit: now with audio track intact)
https://streamable.com/omixd

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the new years gift Akoz :)

/Andy

Back