Question: Do UL tools lose efficiency as they become used?

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
I have read the statement that L items are more efficient than UL ones as their efficiency does not decrease as their SI does - they just cannot be replaced.

And I understand that UL armour and plates lose their protective capacity as the damage to them increases.

Does this happen with other UL equipment ie tools guns vehicles?

nope

too short

the nope I can understand - in that you are stating their efficiency does not reduce.

The "too short" I don't get what you are referring to

Last edited:
Thank you Darkaruki

the nope I can understand - in that you are stating their efficiency does not reduce.

The "too short" I don't get what you are referring to

just added "too short" since there is a minimum number of characters required on PCF submit a reply

Just be sure that you have enough TT value in the tool to actually use it. Would suck to not be able to extract a resource you mined up since TT value of the extractor dies on you.

With armors their efficiency decreases as the tt value decreases in case of UL items though it is not the same with other items as far I knows.

I know that UL armour and plates lose their efficiency as their TT value decreases, and it is logical that this is the case. I wondered if that logic applied to any other equipment.

I made this thread as I was curious in the case of a high usage item UL Terratech.

Mastermesh you get two warnings that the item using value is approaching zero & suggesting that it be repaired. If ignored you get a message that the item you are trying to use is damaged.

When I am tree harvesting mostly I use my Terrarech tight up to the stage that it can no longer work - then I call it a day & go back to base. When checking the results of my harvesting run, I noticed that on the times when I only used it till its was half used up, that results MAY be better than if I used it fully. But this could be just normal variation.

I intend to do further tests to find out for myself, but rather than reinvent the wheel as it were, I thought I would ask - someone may have already found out & be prepared to let people know the situation.

Last edited:
With armors their efficiency decreases as the tt value decreases in case of UL items though it is not the same with other items as far I knows.

but ... there's a promise from one of the dev notes that someday it won't work like that for UL armor if you have the skill requirement needed for that armor.... as the UL version will work similar to the L version when you meet the skill required... we'll SEE when that happens.

Back