LIVE forum listings

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
I'm so annoyed going through all those selling pages to find whatever I would like to buy. This 'forum posts' technology feels ancient to me.
There are tons of websites with LIVE search indexes. Also, permitting 3-letter word searches, such as EON, IMP, MOD, ADJ, would come in handy with the entropia items (which is currently not allowed on pcf).

Actually having such a thing in the forum is 1 thing, Having a LIVE SEARCH INDEX, IN GAME would make life so much easier.
Today, you might get the worse deal when buying something, just because you are not willing to walk through every bugged shop in EU to know what is there, to avoid epileptic seizures.

Imagine, keeping auction as it is today, and having NEXT TO THE AUCTION, the LIVE SEARCH INDEX. Auction does not have to change for this!
When you type for instance 'imp', it will immediately display search suggestions, just as a browser does. On top of that, after the search suggestions, it will already display the number of available items (if multiple) and location:

so if I type 'imp', the list will show something like
(typing) imp
- Improved A-3 Justifier MK.II tier10 - Auction (Calypso)
- Improved Restoration Chip - Auction (Calypso)
- Improved Omegaton A105 - Shop (Emerald Lakes, shop x)
- Athenic Ring Improved - Auction
- Athenic Ring Improved - Shopkeeper (Genesis B, floor x, appartmentG)
- Simple II Plastic Ruds - Auction

However, if I add a 'l', typing 'impl', only the Simple II Plastic ruds will stay in the list. As said above, the same way a good browser address bar search suggestions work.

-----

There could also be an 'add offer' to this LIVE SEARCH INDEX, in which you can offer your personal items, the same way as you can on pcf. However, ppl still have to get in touch with you if they want to talk shop or make a deal.

In that case, your insert would appear in the live search index as:
- Improved A-3 Justifier MK.II tier1 - Avatar (Calypso) - 70.000

(Way overpriced in this example :p, but if someone absolutely needs this item, at least he knows someone is willing to sell.)

Last edited:
LIVE SEARCH INDEX, IN GAME

ROFL, what are you dreaming of tonite then?

i get what you mean and i'd wish for the same. but this is ENTROPIA UNIVERSE!

MindArk stopped keeping up-to-date with state-of-the-art game technologies somewhere between 2005-2008.
ever since the game is a haywired conglomerate of broken renewals, fixes and patches.

the staff has been reduced to a minimum, barely keeping some core functions running. most (if not all) coders, who knew to deal with the old buggy source code are gone nowadays.
Additions get coded by outsourced back alley workshops from far-eastern europe - the cheaper, the better.
since those hired-and-fired coders have no experience at all with the primary product, nothing matches together and there are more bugs than fixes.

the product needs a general overhaul. to be true it would need to get redesigned and rewritten from scratch, with all the missing state of the art functions we expect from a 2018 game.
sadly Mindark has decided to stop developement ten years ago and to milk the cow till it is over.

Mindark has decided to stop developement ten years ago and to milk the cow till it is over.

I feel like that might have been their position at one point but from my impression they actually really want to do the opposite at the moment but are struggling to hire on the talented devs required to make large improvements, although that's mainly my impression based on my visit and this job listing having been up for the past year and a half

I feel like that might have been their position at one point but from my impression they actually really want to do the opposite at the moment but are struggling to hire on the talented devs required to make large improvements, although that's mainly my impression based on my visit and this job listing having been up for the past year and a half

I guess truth about actual state of game with over one million registered users in period of 15 years and unknown number of actual active accounts with story of $400 million USD per year in user to user transactions was not enough convincing to lure new software developers in entire mentioned past year and half.

LMAO, I guess Its like trying to convince a turtle to do a backflip. Not going to happen, ever.
Just try to enjoy what you/we got.lol

Cheers,
Robo:smoke::beerchug:

walk through every bugged shop in EU to know what is there, to avoid epileptic seizures
I like the shops and was on Caly all this year so it wasn't too bad.
But +Rep because last weekend I returned to Ark and had to leave already because the shops buggy chop-chop-choppy spasmodic seizure inducing re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-freshing was too-too-too-too-too-too ******* much!!!

Also noticed that pets start to wander away when in shop when refresh buggyness happens, like EU was about to disconnect so definitely a server-side communication error going on. Also I could clearly see outside of the shops in those moments so there's another problem...

At least Cyrene has completely resolved this issue by having no shops, no stalls, no estates, nothing. :D

This forum is ancient as hell. I don't think it easy to add search suggestions unless they overhaul the forums.

sadly Mindark has decided to stop developement ten years ago and to milk the cow till it is over.

Correction:
The product ENTROPIA UNIVERSE has reached Phase IV years ago.

:wise: Some basics in business administration:
product-life-cycle.jpg

The ENTROPIA UNIVERSE Product Life Cycle:
2000 - 2004: Questionmark (developement and market introduction)
2004 - 2008: Star (growth)
2008 - 2012: Cash Cow (Maturity & market saturation)
2012 - now : Poor Dog (decline)
Dates as of my personal observation. Individual observations may vary.

What do you think at which point of the chart below we currently are?
Which turn (red or green) MindArk assumingly took at which time?
Form your opinion about this yourself.
Business-Life-Cycle.jpg

Last edited:
Back