Suggestion: DEEDS that return % of your own expendatures!

• Thread starter Deleted member 55358
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 55358

I still think all these clds,auds,moon deeds etc are killing the online population. It might be great for MA and a quick cash injection but lets be honest...Most of these people are sitting offline now waiting for peds instead of depoing and playing.

How about deeds return you a % of your own personal expendatures? More deeds more % that way they might actually still play and offer services that few or only them are skilled enough to provide?

Curious peoples thoughts on this :)

no.

they have had shitty cash infusions in the past, but this would top them all.

poor idea all around. if you want to play, and not lose, maybe adjust your play style. the answer to covering losses should not be purchasing deeds to return losses.

no.

they have had shitty cash infusions in the past, but this would top them all.

poor idea all around. if you want to play, and not lose, maybe adjust your play style. the answer to covering losses should not be purchasing deeds to return losses.

I assume this is biased and your a deed holder yourself? or maybe a trader? obviously a trader wouldn't make anything with them. you'd have to actually be mining crafting hunting etc. personally I think they shud be the best returns deeds they make and they would be successful :)

thinking about it more there would need to be a cap making these ones special.. maybe 0.1% per deed capping at 1% or something. You could carry more but not benefit but it would be something.. id buy 10 right away.

can call them.....

Personal Deeds

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion is no more deeds at all. No lootable UL shitz, no amps from boxes, make events so even level1 player could make something of it (kind of like fen but with 0.01 value tokens).

My suggestion is no more deeds at all. No lootable UL shitz, no amps from boxes, make events so even level1 player could make something of it (kind of like fen but with 0.01 value tokens).

I cant argue with that. I really don't like the offline effects of the current deeds but this idea I cant find the harm in it. again these are rough numbers as I have no idea what would actually be reasonable so MA doesn't go broke but the idea is sound I think :)

You need to think about your logic. If you had personal deeds to payout against your own expenditure, then you'd be buying a deed against yourself. You'd be charging yourself say 5% tax to then possibly get back 5% assuming you hit certain activity targets. Income will equal out to zero, in fact less than zero as MA could take their cut.

It's a delicate balance of course and it does make me wonder if that was one reason for the new eco weapons, in a way it kind of prolongs the time it takes to earn that revenue (since CLD are revenue based), if players presumably get back better returns. However all it means is a player gets more play time for their money, so assuming they play more they pay the same to deeds in the long run (but they had more time).

Then consider why many events are in instances. I've not quite got my head around how instances are off planet, but CLD's revenue goes up when the events are on. I do smile at the smoke and mirrors of the game at times.

Rick

some day when the population gets small enough the deeds already in the system will do that.

One idea can be that MA will create a new continent with LA’s and to give people the posibility to invest like this :
Player with 100 land deeds can trade the them for 1 average LA with new mobs type .
Player with 1000 Land deeds can trade for them for 1 large LA with a better type of mob.
Player with 300 deeds can also trade them for a nice piece of Mining LA with some nice resources in it.
But all should be unique and new mobs for each LA.
It’s just an idea , might work , might make people invest in their LA and make the economy go better. Now land deeds are just passive income , and not contributing to economy .

Ah some idea can be also to give the posibility to people to have their own house/shop on their LA, own teleporter and you can also put a 1 ped tax for every entrance in it. Which can be divided 50/50 to MA and LA owner. They have the posibility to make something really unique and attract more people to hunt/mine/craft.
Put new resources, revamp the old useless blueprints , revamp old 500 ped tt guns geotrek and make them compete with ar matrix .

im just trying to think of things we might like that would benefit MA and the players and also give players reasons to play not reasons to log off.

im just trying to think of things we might like that would benefit MA and the players and also give players reasons to play not reasons to log off.

make it so that if you don't use ped flow center in game weekly you lose that weeks roi in there?... really hope Mindark isn't reading this, lol.

Seriously though, just put funds in to a savings account. use percentage returned on investment to invest in to eu or something... Mindbank will never happen, especially one with interest.

Last edited:
You are literally talking about Calypso Land Deeds, for everyone who plays exclusively on Calypso.

You are literally talking about Calypso Land Deeds, for everyone who plays exclusively on Calypso.

no im talking the opposite.. as it is now you log out.. come back a week later and have earned peds on what everyone else has done... im proposing personal deeds where you log out and come back a week later to nothing.. unless of course you were hunting that week otherwise nothing =p

How about deeds return you a % of your own personal expendatures? More deeds more % that way they might actually still play and offer services that few or only them are skilled enough to provide?

So you want to lower your current return to receive back that difference at the end of each week?
Unless you think this is going to come out of thin air, there has to be some sort of take to be able to give.

This has to be one of the stupidest ideas so far....the next VU will have:

To add to the new looter professions we added last year, we have now come out with Personal Entropia Deeds. These deeds will boost your return % and will be paid out weekly to your account. Each deed will provide you with an extra 0.01% return up to a maximum of 7%. Couple this with high efficiency and high looter skills will ensure you reach the average 95% return...make sure you buy your deeds today from the webshop! Each deed is $100 and can come in packs of 5 or 10.

Disclaimer: Without deeds players average return is 88%

I assume this is biased and your a deed holder yourself? or maybe a trader? obviously a trader wouldn't make anything with them. you'd have to actually be mining crafting hunting etc. personally I think they shud be the best returns deeds they make and they would be successful :)

nah, not a deed holder. just a moderately active hunter, occasional miner, and ep crafter so i can explode punies..

So you want to lower your current return to receive back that difference at the end of each week?
Unless you think this is going to come out of thin air, there has to be some sort of take to be able to give.

This has to be one of the stupidest ideas so far....the next VU will have:

To add to the new looter professions we added last year, we have now come out with Personal Entropia Deeds. These deeds will boost your return % and will be paid out weekly to your account. Each deed will provide you with an extra 0.01% return up to a maximum of 7%. Couple this with high efficiency and high looter skills will ensure you reach the average 95% return...make sure you buy your deeds today from the webshop! Each deed is $100 and can come in packs of 5 or 10.

Disclaimer: Without deeds players average return is 88%

Well bruce i cant help you with being that near sighted. But if your buying a deed and receiving ped from ma how is it so different from the current implementation other that what drives those peds? You prefer to buy a deed and hope everyone else plays so u have a return or would you prefer more control and just playing yourself does the job. Maybe even better than the current ones? Not to mention it may actually get more people playing generatiing more for the current deeds as well.

I still think all these clds,auds,moon deeds etc are killing the online population. It might be great for MA and a quick cash injection but lets be honest...Most of these people are sitting offline now waiting for peds instead of depoing and playing.

Curious peoples thoughts on this :)

deeds should pay out only uni ammo maybe :tongue2: ?

No, please no more deeds!

What about deeds that you can generate for free and take 1% tax of your loot like land areas. You can then sell these seeds to other players. I would buy a divinity deed for example.

Well bruce i cant help you with being that near sighted. But if your buying a deed and receiving ped from ma how is it so different from the current implementation other that what drives those peds? You prefer to buy a deed and hope everyone else plays so u have a return or would you prefer more control and just playing yourself does the job. Maybe even better than the current ones? Not to mention it may actually get more people playing generatiing more for the current deeds as well.

I don't think you understand what you are saying, you say i'm near-sighted, yet you the one wanting to give MA more money to get the same return?!? For them to payout, you need to spend ped that week. If you dont spend ped then you get 0, which is fine. But your essentially saying that we now need to give MA a one-off payment (buying deeds) to get the same return we currently have spending peds in the system???

Under your deed suggestion, we still need to spend peds to get a return on the deeds, however MA won't take it out of their cut, they will just lower the average return so that those who don't buy deeds will suffer...essentially you are forcing people to buy deeds.

Also Calypso deeds are not going anywhere unless MA buy them all up, so those will still be in play regardless.

But you know, perhaps i have completely misunderstood what your deed suggestion is about, if so then please do explain it more thoroughly, and do remember to take into account that MA are unlikely to give up a % of their cut so the ped will have to come from somewhere else (they are a business after all).

What about deeds that you can generate for free and take 1% tax of your loot like land areas. You can then sell these seeds to other players. I would buy a divinity deed for example.

This means that players could just sell off a bunch of deeds right before quitting, rinse, repeat.

What a stupid idea.

Simply NO please not.

I really have no problem with CLDs, AUDs and MoonDeeds returning some PED to investors.
I also have no problme with landareas returning PED to the investors.
And I dont have a problem with resellers who try to cover there losses with trading.

EU is dynamic. Its open for many different people and playstyles.

If you really think you can play from deed income, then please do some math how many deeds you would need to just cover an average loss of 50 PED/day, what is nothing special for some average player.

Do you really think deed holders sit on their deeds and play only the day they get the payouts?

I know some deed holders, and I am deed holder myself.
I can tell you I still do regular deposits, simply because the income of the deeds is way to low to cover the cost of my play.

Yes, I could downgrade and do only daily 1 every day and nothing else, and that would be paid by the deeds. But is that really my goal?

If I do craft and it turns bad, I easyly can lose a year income from the deeds, do you reallly think I wait a year befor I log in and play again, so that my loss is covered by the deeds?

LOL

If you think deeds is to much advantage, then buy some and don´t cry for killing other peoples investments.

My guess is that vast majority of CLD owners have quite few CLDs. So why should they just sit and
wait for PEDs?
I have 9, I get between 25 and 40 PEDs per week. These PEDs are gone quite fast and don't even cover
decay of my gun for one of my daily runs.
If I want to withdraw PEDs from what I get from my CLDs I have to wait between 40 and 25 weeks just
to reach minimum, then I have to wait some weeks to cover the fee also.
Nothing I will do but there might be others that do so. I still think majority of PEDs payed out are
used ingame though, filling up so others can loot better. :silly2:

As you might remember, these PEDs we get as deed owners should have been a payout to SEE in
RL cash. Wonder what alternativ MA lose most from?

What a stupid idea.

Simply NO please not.

I really have no problem with CLDs, AUDs and MoonDeeds returning some PED to investors.
I also have no problme with landareas returning PED to the investors.
And I dont have a problem with resellers who try to cover there losses with trading.

EU is dynamic. Its open for many different people and playstyles.

If you really think you can play from deed income, then please do some math how many deeds you would need to just cover an average loss of 50 PED/day, what is nothing special for some average player.

Do you really think deed holders sit on their deeds and play only the day they get the payouts?

I know some deed holders, and I am deed holder myself.
I can tell you I still do regular deposits, simply because the income of the deeds is way to low to cover the cost of my play.

Yes, I could downgrade and do only daily 1 every day and nothing else, and that would be paid by the deeds. But is that really my goal?

If I do craft and it turns bad, I easyly can lose a year income from the deeds, do you reallly think I wait a year befor I log in and play again, so that my loss is covered by the deeds?

LOL

If you think deeds is to much advantage, then buy some and don´t cry for killing other peoples investments.

wh don't you start by taking your meds before logging into the forum.. its just an idea.. and you are clearly uninformed thinking everyone who has deeds plays steady. a lot do sit on them waiting ALOT. and YOU being an active player would benefit more form these than your cld's quite possibly if it worked out like im imagining it would. particularly high ped cycling players would benefit more than low. if you did the math youd see that. youd also have all the control over your returns on it as apposed to nearly none.

As far as deeds being some advantage I don't recall ever saying or thinking that. if you could show me where I might have or was crying please do. I could buy all the deeds I ever wanted but don't really have the intrest, these would possibly interest me.

I am not a high PED cycling player.

With the deeds I bought, I can play on a 20$ deposit / month, without them I would need a lot more.

If the revenue is reduced to what I actually spent myself it would be completely worthless, and thats not the idea what I paid 10k US$ for.

It would be the same to buy an LA and only get tax from my own hunting/mining, speak completely useless investment.

Your idea is bullshit.

Got it?

Beside that:
wh don't you start by taking your meds before logging into the forum.

Your insult deserved some - REP !

wh don't you start by taking your meds before logging into the forum.. its just an idea.. and you are clearly uninformed thinking everyone who has deeds plays steady. a lot do sit on them waiting ALOT. and YOU being an active player would benefit more form these than your cld's quite possibly if it worked out like im imagining it would. particularly high ped cycling players would benefit more than low. if you did the math youd see that. youd also have all the control over your returns on it as apposed to nearly none.

As far as deeds being some advantage I don't recall ever saying or thinking that. if you could show me where I might have or was crying please do. I could buy all the deeds I ever wanted but don't really have the intrest, these would possibly interest me.

Without CLD's I wouldnt even have been here anymore.
Without CLD's the game probably woldn't even have existed anymore!
It gave the game the needed millions to go on.
Sure, at a price.
Some indeed just farm revenue.
But why shouldn't an investor not be able to harvest revenue?
The take a risk in buying deeds. And that should be rewarded.

And your proposal simply doesnt make sense.

Deeds for whichever planet/moon/underground are in RCE terms as near as we can get to share holders. Just like RL many shareholders have little or no active role in a company and are simply passive investors. There is nothing wrong per se with passive investors, they are not taking from us .. they have in fact donated their ped to help the economy of the company, in this case EU.
Without the deed holders (passive or active) EU would have far less development cash flow and we would see a deterioration over time.

That said, there is no reason that there shouldn't be some incentive for deed holders to play more.
Maybe deed holder only events.. that would lead to some interesting deed trading and raised mu.. so maybe not that good an idea.
Feedback sessions with MA from deedholders that have been active for more than xx days in the last x weeks/months where MA pick the top 1 or 2 ideas proposed to consider development in game This is more of a you snooze, you lose as only actives would get a voice.
I am sure others can think of more incentives that would not specifically affect loot pools and lead to screams of unfair, yet make the active investors feel more engaged with the game.
So sorry if these 2 ideas seem weak, but not finished my morning coffee yet

While i understand the underlying principle that the OP is relating to ( mostly because i would have to agree i have had similar thoughts myself) there are two sides ( sometimes even more ) to every situation. We need to consider ground reality and what brought us here. CLD was a cash infusion that was *NEEDED* by MA and not something that they cooked up to add a feature of *Shares* into EU. The success of CLD however showed them the potential for breaking up investments and selling it in part meal basis.

In hunting we already have the feature of the above DEEDS that return % of your own expenditure (theoretically through higher returns) currently being implemented via EFFICIENCY. At least that is how MA has marketed the feature.

The reason deeds are popular is they open up Passive Investing to the common folk who does not have 100k+ peds to buy malls etc basically lowering the entry level for the investment type.

I would however agree with what Granny suggests as providing incentive to investors to transform them from passive to more active status.

That said I am not in agreement with changing the way current deeds work. I just hope that new rules can be set for forthcoming deeds where active participation gives better results then passive investing.

Feedback sessions with MA from deedholders that have been active for more than xx days in the last x weeks/months where MA pick the top 1 or 2 ideas proposed to consider development in game This is more of a you snooze, you lose as only actives would get a voice.

Or just give us the voting rights (ingame voting terminals) as advertised when CLDs has been introduced :)

Back