MindArk AMA - Friday, February 8

Have to say the format you've worked out to post these questions is about the most super-annoying you could possibly have chosen for the regular forum browser.

How do you feel it could be improved upon?

Have to say the format you've worked out to post these questions is about the most super-annoying you could possibly have chosen for the regular forum browser.

Well then, do you have a better idea? As this is entirely subjective I will say I'm happy they made this choice. It is far more efficient than a video conference or some such. The written form has immensely higher information content per byte transferred, and can be consumed at your own speed and leisure. Plus it gives a chance to those not able to attend due to timezones or other hindrances to submit their questions.

If the sheer number of new threads in the run-up for this AMA annoys you, the forum has a feature that lets you exclude sections you're not interested in seeing when checking the 'New Posts' link. If you access the forum by topic overview, you already don't see them unless you choose to descend. Man, you are admin here...?

i would say since i hate facebook and reddit . this is ok choice . yes the forum is old hat clunk but its better than nothing. I would recommend the voat website with gab for texting.

the OPs should be running discord on top of twitch though. voice and video is kind of old fashioned already.

there's even googlehangouts on youtube, but i hate these like i hate facebook.

did i mention i hated facebook? and why is facebook in the client loader.

Nice :yay:

Reminds me of , 'Today is Friday, Friday, yesterday is Thursdays, tomorrow is Saturday.'

I expect it will be hard to follow where MA answers appear, if others can also add comments which will also make threads go to the top.

Will clicking on Dev Posts keep us updated on wherever a dev has posted something new in this AMA?
If not, could we have some kind of update list in a sticky thread? Maybe all dev answers can be copied to a sticky thread automatically and we can go to individual threads from that if we want to? There sure are a great many questions... I hope many are already being answered for initial copy/pasting during the live session?

I'm not sure but I think a single thread would have made it much easier to read.

If the sheer number of new threads in the run-up for this AMA annoys you, the forum has a feature that lets you exclude sections you're not interested in seeing when checking the 'New Posts' link

I didn't say I wasn't interested.

I expect it will be hard to follow where MA answers appear, if others can also add comments which will also make threads go to the top.

Will clicking on Dev Posts keep us updated on wherever a dev has posted something new in this AMA?
If not, could we have some kind of update list in a sticky thread? Maybe all dev answers can be copied to a sticky thread automatically and we can go to individual threads from that if we want to? There sure are a great many questions... I hope many are already being answered for initial copy/pasting during the live session?

I can see a few threads being merged together space, land plots, pets etc As MA will probably be prepared to answer certain topics that covers many question on that certain topic.

Only an hour and a half left before deadline to post your questions! :yay:

I'm not sure but I think a single thread would have made it much easier to read.

No. I think this way works well. When they answer they can do a reply quote from each thread and copy paste it all in to one thread so each topic is clean subject... very smart way of doing things if they do it right. Old years q and a where all was one thread was a mess

Ya know... I love how there was literally ZERO mention of this event happening ever since it was originally suggested by the CEO then you quickly fire out this small post mentioning it coming with practically no notice.

First, I'm very grateful that this is happening, so thank you for that.

Though I can't help but feel you guys have tried VERY hard to do this AMA as quietly and under the radar as possible.

This was one of the most anticipated things people were looking forward to when it was mentioned by the CEO but you didn't even do a mass email, graphic or post on the entropia buzz section letting people know this was going on and to submit their questions even when you've done much bigger marketing campaigns for much less important things.

This notice was fired out at practically the slowest time of year at the slowest time of the week at the slowest time of day and the timing to post questions ends right before the usual uptick of weekend traffic. I can't help by feel I'm not the only one that found out about this after it was too late to post a question and I'm surprised that this didn't happen over a weekend and get more promotion effort.

I really hope that another one of these will be done in the future where more notice will be given so more people have a chance to get a question in.

Thanks.

Last edited:
This notice was fired out at practically the slowest time of year at the slowest time of the week at the slowest time of day and the timing to post questions ends right before the usual uptick of weekend traffic.
:wise: This was most likely intentional, to prevent a massive amount of threads popping up making it impossible to answer a lot of questions. They only have limited amount of time after all and there's already 8 pages worth of threads in this short time frame. Also a lot of work for them to sort it all out, duplicate questions and so forth, not to mentioning answering each question and pick between the most important ones, that they deem worthy of their precious time. :yup:

:wise: This was most likely intentional, to prevent a massive amount of threads popping up making it impossible to answer a lot of questions. They only have limited amount of time after all and there's already 8 pages worth of threads in this short time frame. Also a lot of work for them to sort it all out, duplicate questions and so forth, not to mentioning answering each question and pick between the most important ones, that they deem worthy of their precious time. :yup:

Yes I can see that. Though they could have leveraged the community for help with that if they specifically wanted to limit it to a number of questions. They could have appointed a community liaison to collect questions from the community, organize them, weed out duplicates then put them to a vote then only submit the best questions (as voted by the community) to MA?

I don't know, coulda, shoulda, woulda... I suppose. All that aside I'd feel better about it if I knew there would be future AMA's done. Perhaps once a year to replace the state of the universe things?

Did I miss where the live answer session would be at??? Because I don't see anything on forums...

Did I miss where the live answer session would be at??? Because I don't see anything on forums...

If you click on the "Dev posts" top right corner, above PlanetCalypsoForums logo. You can see recent posts of all MindArk Employees, so far in 30 min there has been 4 new posts (and answers to AMA questions).

Quite disappointing so far. Only 4 questions "answered" by their general generic and vague responses as usual and only by one Mindark employee. It's doubtful even half of all the questions will get answered, and probably not even enough time to do follow up questions leaving many disappointed.

Oh well <letsthinkpositive> still 3,5h to go anything can happen, it's dynamic ;).

If you click on the "Dev posts" top right corner, above PlanetCalypsoForums logo. You can see recent posts of all MindArk Employees, so far in 30 min there has been 4 new posts (and answers to AMA questions).

Quite disappointing so far. Only 4 questions "answered" by their general generic and vague responses as usual and only by one Mindark employee. It's doubtful even half of all the questions will get answered, and probably not even enough time to do follow up questions leaving many disappointed.

Oh well <letsthinkpositive> still 3,5h to go anything can happen, it's dynamic ;).

Yeah when I asked not a single response had been made in the first 6-7 mintues

answers are coming in seems like, don t panic, the mm results came at close to midnight as well

time is halfway up, and there are about 10 answers on 200 questions given.
Six of them as meaningless as if Siri answered them...

The answers are indeed pretty vague, almost non-answers.

To be fair, most of the questions are pretty stupid.

It's very frustrating that they had quite some notice, and should have had sufficient time to get together and prepare in advance a good bunch of answers. Instead we get at least 10 minutes between vague non-answers.

Yes it's the first one, Yes this is seriously important, lets just hope they do it again and soon but prepare better.

Henrik, do you want to know how many +1 Rep comments i get for
The same vague and meaningless answers i have heard from Mindark like in the the past 16 years...
no, you dont.

but i give you a hint:
i have never received so many +1 ever before...

so i strongly suggest, if you dont want to answer, then DON'T ANSWER!

okay, i accept, it is a quandry. not answering most of the questions also sends a message...

It's very frustrating that they had quite some notice, and should have had sufficient time to get together and prepare in advance a good bunch of answers. Instead we get at least 10 minutes between vague non-answers.

Yes it's the first one, Yes this is seriously important, lets just hope they do it again and soon but prepare better.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

It's Friday; I reckon they're all in a bar getting wasted and the plan was to take turns between pints to sit at the dedicated laptop and answer questons.

Henrik saying...."which one of you muppets, choose the bar with the worst wi-fi connection"

Rick

Wow, I really hope that isn't it. How can they answer so few questions in four hours?!

I had such high hopes for this as well. What a wasted opportunity. I think we may have had 2 or 3 questions answered after discounting the incredibly vague non-answers, so yeah, I'll remain sitting on the fence for now. :bs:

Even though the original deadline has been reached, the team will continue to push hard to answer as many of the AMA questions as possible tonight.

:beerchug:

Attachments

• IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
The unanswered questions are gonna be there. And it's easy to see which questions didn't get answered since their posts are locked.

Hopefully MA can take their time and answer each question as best they can. Even if they can only answer a few questions per day, it's better than only answering a few forever/until next AMA.

Edit:
Even though the original deadline has been reached, the team will continue to push hard to answer as many of the AMA questions as possible tonight.

Wow, call me impressed finally some pictures at the office, and some beers also. Not bad at all. Don't rush it guys, take your time to take each question into consideration and answer it to the best that you guys possibly can, even if it means you cannot answer them all today, maybe something ya can do during the week, a few questions per day or something would be nice.

Also how about some names from left to right so we know who all are? :)

I love that PCF is on a projector :D Keep the beers flowing and cheers for more answers! :cool:

i missed to post question, bloody hell :(

is Gunilla married already?

haha

is she or not? :)

Nice! +1 Rep for the beers! :beerchug:

Cool, great response. Will keep eyes peeled, and thank you for the AMA. :eyecrazy:

Back