boring_player Question 1 - security of investment & advertising

Status

boring_player

Banned Duplicate Account
Banned
Dear Henrik and other AMA participants,

Entropia Universe is being widely advertised, including the official website, as an Real Cash Economy with fixed value between in-game currency and US Dollar. People read this as possibility to freely deposit and withdraw any amount of PED's they managed to acquire in-game. Although, many potential investors are worried how one particular part of Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU) should be understood:

MINDARK'S LIABILITY TOWARDS YOU SHALL, IF ACKNOWLEDGED, IN EACH INCIDENCE BE LIMITED TO NO MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERRED INTO THE INVOLVED ACCOUNT BY SAID PARTICIPANT UNDER SIX MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT.

The question for you would be to explain this position. From my perspective, I understand, that in case of some incident your liability towards me should be limited only to amount of deposits I made in last six months prior to that incident. Am I correct?

To explain the question better, let me give you couple of examples:

Scenario 1.

I plan to deposit 15,000 USD in order to buy in-game Land Area. I do the deposit and acquire the Land Area for 150,000 PED. Each month I make a profit of 900 PED from tax on my Land Area. After 10 months my earnings made on Land Area are in total 9000 PED. Then there is incident occurring. I sold my Land Area one day after the incident for 150,000 PED and my balance is 159,000 PED. I immediately after that request withdrawal of of the 159,000 PED. Question is. How much will you transfer to my bank account?

Scenario 2.

I register new account and as I like the gambling thrill I instantly deposit 2,000 USD (20,000 PED) buy Explosive Projectile IV blueprint and start crafting. I managed to get All Time High and win 400,000 PED (40,000 USD). 10 months after my ATH I decide to withdraw my 40,000 USD before any incident happens. Day after I requested my withdrawal incident occurs. Question: How much will you transfer to my bank account?

Scenario 3.

I register new account and deposit 5,000 PED (500 USD). I play smart since the beginning and I manage to make tons of money in Entropia and after 3 months since my deposit I make additional 200,000 PED (20,000 USD). An incident occurs and day after that I request you to withdraw all my money, 205,000 PED. Question: How much will you transfer to my bank account?

Scenario 4 & 5.

I register account and deposit zero money. With free items from game I gather 10 PED, kill a creature and loot 100,000 PED after a day of playing. After week I request withdrawal of all money, Question: How much would land on my bank account if I request withdrawal both prior to and after incident. Means, how much will I get if incident would happen prior to my withdrawal request and how much will I get if incident happened after my withdrawal request.

When answering the scenarios, please provide the exact amount of money that a player would receive and please justify why this amount. Please, list also all potential events that would fulfill the definition of the word "incident". In other words, what is this incident? What could it be? Give us example (bankruptcy, legal issues, decision to close the company and stop the business) etc.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Back