VU 16 - Which Functionalities do you miss most? (multiple choice)

VU 16 - Which Functionalities do you miss most? (multiple choice)

• Dragging out Healthbars

Votes: 64 45.1%
  • Auto-Use tool

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • Select Next Target

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Loot Creature

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • Move to Target

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Look Up/Down

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Pick-Up Vehicle

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • Target/Select others

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Target/Select Claims

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • LBML not working

Votes: 10 7.0%

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Reverse mouse buttons

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Delete/Remove top right hotkeys

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Centered 3rd person view (not OTS)

Votes: 55 38.7%
  • Ability to Zoom out further

Votes: 78 54.9%
  • Open multiple Terminal windows

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Walking backwards while shooting

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • Attempt Tame action

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Mouse-over Interaction

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 15 10.6%

• Total voters

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Went through all the comments/feedbacks so far and this is what I've found. Of course, there are some bugs too, but my focus is on those Functionalities that have been intentionaly changed or removed which people seem to miss or be upset about. This is multiple choice Poll, select all the Functionalities which you consider to be the most important to reinstate.

So, which Functionality do you want and/or miss the most since VU 16?

1. Dragging out Healthbars: this one is a problem mostly for Healers, who have relied heavily on these Healthbars in the past when healing hunters.

2. Auto-Use tool: the 'Interact' action is reportedly even better now then 'Auto-Use tool' has ever been in the past, but many players have complained about the Functionality of the 'Auto-Use tool' in the context of the New Camera and Interaction System so I have decided to list it. Perhaps the easiest fix is to just rename the 'Interact' action 'Auto-Use tool' so hunters can find what they are looking for faster.

3. Select Next Target: the biggest complaint about this one is that the new 'Lock Target' action does not select the next closest mob but instead looks for one in the direction the avatar is looking and within range of the weapon. This is a difficult change to adapt to for certain hunting styles.

4. Loot Creature: when the mob dies, it is no longer 'targeted', meaning that to loot it, you must right-click it or hover your cursor over it and hit 'F'. That can be problematic if you have many mobs on you at the same time.

5. Move to Target: some people have complained about losing this functionality.

6. Look Up/Down: 2 people have complained about losing this functionality which makes aiming flying mobs easier.

7. Pick-Up Vehicle: some people don't like how long it now takes to pick-up your vehicle compared to before, can be a problem in PvP.

8. Target/Select others: cannot Select another Avatar.

9. Target/Select Claims: cannot Select your Claim.

10. LBML not working: just had to add that one for lols. That was to be expected of course.

11. Avatar Buffs not visible: is problematic for Healers using Divine Intervention.

12. Reverse mouse buttons: some people would have like to swap the right and left mouse button functions.

13. Delete/Remove top right hotkeys: some people want to remove/delete them but had to figure out a workaround because they could not be deleted in the way you'd expect to be able to.

14. Centered 3rd person view (not OTS): many take issue with this mode and would like to be able to switch to the old centered 3rd person view.

15. Ability to Zoom out further: new limit on zoom out is not far enough, can be difficult to see what's going on behind you.

16. Open multiple Terminal windows: no longer possible in many cases where it used to be possible.

17. Walking backwards while shooting: sometimes doesn't function the way it used to in 3rd person.

18. Attempt Tame action: has been removed, has been automated instead where it used to be performed manually by the tamer.

19. Mouse-over Interaction: for all intents and purposes removed.

20. All of the above

Please vote and let MindArk know what Functionality you need back most of all.

Cheers o/

Legends

Last edited:
I only picked 2 , I don't want to be greedy.

There was no option to interact without moving camera.

Couple of things I would have liked to include but could not due to the 20 item limit on Polls:
1. Permanent dot in the center of the screen: I heard some complaints about this in-game.
2. Zoom-in and Zoom-out on Terminal window opening and many other interactions.
3. No longer able to remotely add people to guestlists of ships.
4. Too much camera movement when a Target is Locked causing dizziness, nausea, etc...
5. Run speed nerf (this is very likely a bug and I'm sure it will be fixed in a future patch).

Last edited:
Firstly, one of the major problems is camera wobble.

Next, I don't understand why some of these are on the list when the functionality is there:

Auto use = Interact (F)
Select next target = Interact (F)
Loot creature = right click dead mob
Pick up vehicle = hold F and select pick up (I would prefer right click interacts)
LBML not working = not MAs problem
Walk backwards and shoot = works fine, I don't understand.

i miss the separate action to hide all icons on my screen, but i've found a workaround. i've set all my keys and items on the general keymap only (*), where i'm sent after entering edit mode all the time anyways, and use the keymaps 1-9 for different icon desktops, including an empty one. :laugh:

Next, I don't understand why some of these are on the list when the functionality is there:

Auto use = Interact (F)
Pick up vehicle = hold F and select pick up (I would prefer right click interacts)

I had to put them on the list because they were mentioned over and over again in the Release Notes thread by people. I do understand that quite a few of these functionalities actually are there but lots of people brought it up as an issue...

For example:

1. Select Next Target, what players take issue with is the fact that the current action 'Lock Target' will not lock onto the next closest target available but one within your view, even if you have mobs hitting you from behind.

2. Loot Creature, the problem is that once the mob dies, the Creature is no longer selected like before and you have to hover your cursor over it and hit F or right-click to loot it, which makes some hunting styles impractical/difficult, especially if you have many mobs on you.

3. Pick-Up vehicle, is a lot slower compared to before because you have to hold down F and wait for menu, some players have an issue with that.

4. LBML is in there for lols.

5. Walk backward while shooting, some people report that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, like in 3rd person for example.

Hope that clarifies.

Legends

2. Loot Creature, the problem is that once the mob dies, the Creature is no longer selected like before and you have to hover your cursor over it and hit F or right-click to loot it, which makes some hunting styles impractical/difficult, especially if you have many mobs on you.

It makes use of the mouse more which is good. Also, having many mobs on you, maybe you can afford 50pec/hr for a loot pill? I am amazed of how many complain hunting is now more difficult and they didn't use autoloot pills...

Shooting and walking backwards works. People freaked out that they started moving backwards in relaxed state - where you avatar turns 180 deg to run. Start shooting and it's good.

I do miss the vehicle thingy however, but, I adapted to it already...

It makes use of the mouse more which is good. Also, having many mobs on you, maybe you can afford 50pec/hr for a loot pill? I am amazed of how many complain hunting is now more difficult and they didn't use autoloot pills...

Shooting and walking backwards works. People freaked out that they started moving backwards in relaxed state - where you avatar turns 180 deg to run. Start shooting and it's good.

I do miss the vehicle thingy however, but, I adapted to it already...

I agree that the Walking backwards while shooting is not a problem, I included it because it was mentioned many times as an issue in other threads. It seems that some people still perceive that there are some issues with it cause it does have several votes in this Poll.

I think I prefer how looting was before, where I could just hit my 'Loot' action hotkey and loot the mob before I moved on to shooting the next one... I can see how if you have 3 or 4 mobs on you, it could be difficult to right-click the dead one to loot it while you have all these other ones in your face.

No one should feel forced to buy Auto-Loot pills for the sake of having ease of Functionality, that should be provided to all players by the game designers.

No one should feel forced to buy Auto-Loot pills for the sake of having ease of Functionality, that should be provided to all players by the game designers.

Loot pills are there for ease of functionality and for increased efficiency. I'm saying this as a hunter that goes at times on 20 hours hunts a day.
Instead of hitting a loot key now you click one of the two mouse buttons to loot it. I'm pretty sure a dead carcass is not that hard to aim at :)

Loot pills are there for ease of functionality and for increased efficiency. I'm saying this as a hunter that goes at times on 20 hours hunts a day.
Instead of hitting a loot key now you click one of the two mouse buttons to loot it. I'm pretty sure a dead carcass is not that hard to aim at :)

Different people have different play styles. I'm sure that for someone who likes to use a tagger and pick and kill mobs off one at a time this really makes no difference to them, but for guys who aggro handfuls of mob at once and who can kill them off rapidly so that they pile up on top of each other at their feet, this can be an inconvenience...

It makes use of the mouse more which is good.

Why? This is 100% subjective. Using keyboard more, or even exclusively, is also very good. Ever been a developer trained on command line and vim? You not only work, you also play differently from a GUI/Windows user. Or you just don't always want to play sitting upright at the desk, many people have described different playstyles around here.

That said, in the old PE there was no targeting support or automation at all, you had to aim accurately and watch your range and everything and wasted your ammo/decay if you were off. But there also were no grinding missions which seem to be the game's bread and butter now. I may even have said I prefered it for the sense of realism, but the game's "reality" has moved on. I think the new system did not intend to make it more difficult again, but is a few tweaks away from that right now.

Re. OP, look up/down (needed to target flying mobs with keyboard) and the ability to go backwards in the target sequence (which was "select previous target" and "unselect target" to start over) I miss most at the moment in terms of removed features. Other things like target release when mob dies which makes a mess of getting it looted I consider a bug.

I tend to shoot 1 mob at a time, and very rarely go steaming in to high agro mobs.
I would rather kill said 1 mob, and then do 1 easy as pie click to loot it. now why would I want to pay every hour, for what is, essentially a single click of the mouse. It does not suite or is needed by my playstyle, as, as I said, 1 mob at a time.

Now sometimes, one example I have tried, is doing daily merps mission, where now and then you get 5, 6 or even more on you at a time, I would kill 1 before, after dragging it's health bar off, kill, loot, and move onto the next (dragging further health bars as I was shooting). Now it is a mission to loot the mob, because others now stand over the dead corpse. Not to much of a problem with me dying or anything, but for a newb doing it, that's just downright annoying.

Not going to buy an hour loot pill just to do something that takes me 10 minutes at most to do.

See the problem, acknowledge it, but don't say the ONLY solution is to spend more money, however cheap it is.

Only time I have ever used a loot pill was for the Atrox Hatchlings, and that was before I found out, I could convert them into shrapnel, as had a pile of the useless things from boxes.

If it's so hard to loot thing's in certain conditions, automatic looting should be enabled as a default feature for ALL avatars.

From our short testing yesterday, it more or less works with something the size of a pop dragon but is already a pain with knee-high mobs (RT cats); and there are mobs smaller than that. At least spider bots afaik are not currently ingame. :)

I did cast my vote in the given options but have to say for me as a mothership owner there is one other functionality that impacts us heavily -> guestlist - its gone as an action from library, which means i have to walk up to the motrhership terminal to manage the guestlist.
This is a big change:
- no more request to be remotely added to the guestlist of a ship on the other side of the universe
- no more adding people to ships in space while im hunting planetside
- no more adding people to my ark royal while im on normandie - as i have to be on the same ship and at the terminal
- people can also no longer fly up to a mothership and request access rights

I did cast my vote in the given options but have to say for me as a mothership owner there is one other functionality that impacts us heavily -> guestlist - its gone as an action from library, which means i have to walk up to the motrhership terminal to manage the guestlist.
This is a big change:
- no more request to be remotely added to the guestlist of a ship on the other side of the universe
- no more adding people to ships in space while im hunting planetside
- no more adding people to my ark royal while im on normandie - as i have to be on the same ship and at the terminal
- people can also no longer fly up to a mothership and request access rights

Yes, I've added that to the third post as something that should have been part of the Poll.

Auto use = Interact (F)

Because the new options are more inconvenient. Require more clicks and more time. From which the game becomes annoying instead of pleasant! I have heard many people say they stop playing actively until this stupidity is corrected. I hope the game team will hear them too...

Also no option to show passengers in your vehicle

Auto target creatures out of Field of View.

Going from 1st person to 3rd person moves the aiming reticule slightly to the side, causing missed shots in manual aiming.

Edit
If you zoom out to far accidently using scopes.

Edit 2
Can be disabled, but I also like going into 3rd person for certain things, so not going to keep changing it in options.

"all of the above" option really shouldn't be in there. even though the best thing would be a complete revert to the old system, I miss some things quite a lot more than others (e.g. I never used to drag out bars). so what should I pick then... picking all of the above doesn't highlight the things I want to have put back in.

Because the new options are more inconvenient. Require more clicks and more time. From which the game becomes annoying instead of pleasant! I have heard many people say they stop playing actively until this stupidity is corrected. I hope the game team will hear them too...

Just use interact for select and auto, I thought the same as you until I sat down and gave it some effort to learn and its way less inconvenient. Instead of next target + auto use, its just interact, interact, repeat. Make sure to turn on the option for Queue use too action when reloading.

If you really need to make yet another thread about this, it would have been better to do it after a week or so when we've all had a chance to get more settled with the new system.

This poll would have made way more sense if this was done after data collation for a week. We are currently still in the discovery mode. Things like Shop interface,ship guest list among others are not listed.

Just use interact for select and auto, I thought the same as you until I sat down and gave it some effort to learn and its way less inconvenient. Instead of next target + auto use, its just interact, interact, repeat. Make sure to turn on the option for Queue use too action when reloading.

Believe me, I spent so many hours trying to minimize the inconvenience. I'm not saying it can not be played, but the game is already annoying due to the need for many clicks and additional mouse cockshy. Besides, when i tray to tame, the problem is even more serious than when hunting. with one button i have to killing and/or taming. So many times I kill the animal instead of taming it, because in the last part of the second there is a change in the mob condition. Maybe someone thinks this is a convenience - it's not me!

I find the new system cool...but, instead of fixing a great tool, the "next target+auto-tool" combo, they decide to remove it.

Great work at programing:
Do not fix broken things, remove it.

While you at it, you can also remove all the emotes and postures pages too.

One thing that has been silently removed is the ability to look up the owner of a mining claim you find in wilderness.

Not that I miss it much, just wondering why on earth they needed to remove it.

"all of the above" option really shouldn't be in there. even though the best thing would be a complete revert to the old system, I miss some things quite a lot more than others (e.g. I never used to drag out bars). so what should I pick then... picking all of the above doesn't highlight the things I want to have put back in.

It's a multiple choice poll, so people can pick all the ones they miss the most.

If you really need to make yet another thread about this, it would have been better to do it after a week or so when we've all had a chance to get more settled with the new system.

A lot of players have already made up their minds about it. Also, this Poll will still be here in a week so if you want to test things out further and vote in a week, you can.

I agree it is far from perfect, but I went through the first 26 pages of posts in the VU16 Release Notes thread and tabulated people's complaints to make the list. Ultimately, I think it will be helpful to see where there is a large concensus among the player base and where there is not.

Back