Agility- Run Speed Nerfed this VU :mad:

everything in the universe is relative.

new camera perspective twists our brain into thinking that we are moving slower. this is the side effect of the VU. avatars are moving at the same speed, it just looks slower.

I couldn't help myself too thinking I am actually moving slower but in fact it looks like it is only the new camera that creates such feeling

Got the last piece of data. An adviser with 5000 agility still runs in 67 sec unbuffed and in 50 with 35% buff (50% acceleration chip capped at 35% for "action" buffs), exactly same as pre-VU.

Not to mention 25% of 72 seconds is 18, which should mean you both (Xen, Savrog) should be 54 seconds or faster.
The difference being the 2 seconds(54-56) /18 or 11% of the buff.
Which would be slightly noticeable I think. Unless missing something?

72 / 1.25 = 57.6 (measured 57) - Me
71 / 1.25 = 56.8 (measured 56) - Xen
67 / 1.35 = 49.6 (measured 50) - advisor

Taking into account that the time measurement wasn't super-precise and we drop decimals, the numbers fit pretty well the expectations.

Speed seams OK

Will try if I can outrun Pyromancer with the Maffoid speed buff as it was possible for my avatar before this VU, this will be also a good indicator for me if speed is reduced in this VU.

I tried it out, with 87 Agility and the Maffoid Speed Buff (think its 10%) I am still fast enough to outrun the Pyromancer so even it looks slower the speed is the same.

Without the Maffoid speed buff 87 Agility alone is not enough to run down the stairs without teleporting back.

There is still a big problem with 138 agility being the same as 101. I did a lot of missions to get that agility, sometimes taking agility in lieu of skills, it should be worth something besides a tiny amount of health.

72 / 1.25 = 57.6 (measured 57) - Me
71 / 1.25 = 56.8 (measured 56) - Xen
67 / 1.35 = 49.6 (measured 50) - advisor

Taking into account that the time measurement wasn't super-precise and we drop decimals, the numbers fit pretty well the expectations.

Considering this isn't a dynamic buff, there should be no fitting into expectations.

There is no dispute that 72/4(25%) is 18 seconds, and also no dispute that 18 minus 72 should be 54 seconds not 57.6.

you - 3.6 seconds slower than math says should be,
(72*.25 = 18 seconds minus your base 72 = 54)
54 minus your 57.6

xen - 3.55 seconds slower
(71*.25 = 17.75 seconds minus his base 71 = 53.25 )
53.25 minus his 56.8

advisor- 6.05 seconds slower?
(67*.35 = 23.45 seconds minus his base 67 = 43.55 )
43.55 minus his 49.6

maybe I am wrong here but this should be how it works vs how is reported?

134/100 agility is nowhere near a .05 second diff nor could be resolved to it. So this is probably due to rounding? and what about the 2.5 second diff?

Nor does it make sense that there is only a one second gap for 34 more agility vs 5 seconds for 5000 more agility on the base run. vs above (.05 vs 2.5 seconds) unless agility or something else is somehow modifying run buff.

25% more run (or whatever it is) should be applied equally to all players regardless when using their own agility on the base run without buffs anyhow if that makes sense, so we shouldn't see any variation at all after the buff is applied, except for the buff itself of course.

And even still, that is not much of any buff left at all for agility. We only need 900 more to gain 1 second at that rate.

Just because they seem to line up, does not make a static number the static number it should be.

Last edited:
Forgo your math is wrong. If I run 100% faster I do the distance in 0 seconds?

There is no dispute that 72/4(25%) is 18 seconds, and also no dispute that 18 minus 72 should be 54 seconds not 57.6.

There is a dispute because percents don't work like that. What will you do to calculate a 100% buff difference, divide by 0?

Thanks for the Info

Indeed the 138 is the same as 101 is pretty offensive. However not as much as the fact that 5,000 agility advisor did it in the same?? Well at least that is what I heard. Svarog said he did it in 67 secs before the VU.

So perhaps the main thing is visually but seems to be some tampering on the scaling of agility? If Dan with 204 Agility got in the same race would it be the same as 138? Geez what a slap in the face to improve your Avatar in a game that is supposed to have infinite skilling.

Again this now makes me wonder why am I saving tokens? Attributes should be one of the main focus of progression of your avatar. If there is no difference between 101 and 138 then why continue? Why spend tons of PED to grind epic long missions? This is a topic that must be addressed. Should I eat my tokens now because they are pointless? Maybe it is time to re-evaluate attributes and their benefits cause they have been changed drastically over the years. Some changes known and some stealth nerfs.

100% agree! :wise:

Thanks for the Info

Indeed the 138 is the same as 101 is pretty offensive. However not as much as the fact that 5,000 agility advisor did it in the same?? Well at least that is what I heard. Svarog said he did it in 67 secs before the VU.

So perhaps the main thing is visually but seems to be some tampering on the scaling of agility? If Dan with 204 Agility got in the same race would it be the same as 138? Geez what a slap in the face to improve your Avatar in a game that is supposed to have infinite skilling.

Again this now makes me wonder why am I saving tokens? Attributes should be one of the main focus of progression of your avatar. If there is no difference between 101 and 138 then why continue? Why spend tons of PED to grind epic long missions? This is a topic that must be addressed. Should I eat my tokens now because they are pointless? Maybe it is time to re-evaluate attributes and their benefits cause they have been changed drastically over the years. Some changes known and some stealth nerfs.

This is a progression game if there is no progression then simply put there is no reason to play. MA please comment on the specifics of attributes and take a look into this matter.

If Attributes are pretty much worthless now then well we can all just stop doing the missions. Just PED saved and less spent. I am sure that doesn't fit into MA's business model though.

Here's a wild idea, how about you make a real progression and raise your looters level instead of making a showoff progression and get a gazillion agility? :D

Here's a wild idea, how about you make a real progression and raise your looters level instead of making a showoff progression and get a gazillion agility? :D

It is one of the foremost attributes contributing to Evader, health and a lot of other areas. In which way is this "showoff"? Other than any avatar development at all being useless in life.

It is one of the foremost attributes contributing to Evader, health and a lot of other areas. In which way is this "showoff"? Other than any avatar development at all being useless in life.

You'd know if you would actually play THIS game :)

ah fan boys.. entropia's world would not same without you.. ;) :laugh:

Here is a wild idea how about they don't continue to tarnish the core aspect of the game. Progression. Here is another wild idea how about you don't troll off topic either Eve.

Last edited:
You'd know if you would actually play THIS game :)

How much you 'play' the game is irrelevant, it only matters how much you're rewarded for your input. :)

Rick

How much you 'play' the game is irrelevant, it only matters how much you're rewarded for your input. :)

Rick

That is true Rick and since Eve hasn't input anything on topic yet my input would be it's too early to feed the trolls ;)

Other than that a decent discussion in the thread so far. Hope we can get MA to talk about this important topic. It would be in MA's best interest to keep gamers and the core aspect of progression vitally important in EU.

Here is a wild idea how about they don't continue to tarnish the core aspect of the game. Progression. Here is another wild idea how about you don't troll off topic either Eve.
Progression is the most important hting in this game, I agree, but you raged that there is no difefrence between 138 and 101 agi - but it was about avatar speed - which we already knew it does not give extra speed after a certain agility value. That is all. The rest of the professions are still influenced by this attribute.
Avatar speed should not be THE reason for which you you do a mission to get an agi point. Agility by itself has a little impact over the other professions too...
I was making an honest suggestion, to focus on what has a much MUCH higher impact in any avatr's progression - the looter profession.

I guess I should have suggested you to actually just focus.

Rick
This is very true, Rick :wise:

That is true Rick and since Eve hasn't input anything on topic yet my input would be it's too early to feed the trolls ;)

Other than that a decent discussion in the thread so far. Hope we can get MA to talk about this important topic. It would be in MA's best interest to keep gamers and the core aspect of progression vitally important in EU.

so ou haven't read the thread then, or, my post where I actually found out what was bugging us all about the speed. That's OK.

It shouldn't just be a show off progression. And we can skill more than one thing at a time. :wise:

It shouldn't just be a show off progression. And we can skill more than one thing at a time. :wise:

Bingo and your 138 agility should mean a lot. If it doesn't now that should be addressed by MA and there should be a VU where how attributes work are changed much like we had that VU where they added value to many professions by having those skills now reward HP. There should be no cap on RUN speed by Agility just like there is no cap on Weight carried by Str. This is a game of NO LIMITS and it always should be Very hard to get your Agility these days and there should be incentive for you to get to 150 etc...

If there is no incentive for you with 138 agility to finish attribute missions, deposit to get more attributes and grind away then why have that reward? Attributes have been always the heavily sought after reward but apparently that has been diminished and needs to be addressed for the current day EU. If MA wants for Attributes to mean nothing just remove the tokens as rewards and then be done with it. Don't stealth change stuff each VU and never state the changes. Or MA can just fix Attributes and how they work in an upcoming VU.

This is definitely an open sand box and we should be able to progress in many things! Limited progression in one aspect now is never a good thing. I give MA kudos for that skills changes in the VU that balanced HP to other professions. To make sure people can do and skill the things they like and still see a reward. Don't make Attribute tokens as a reward pointless! Then stay silent about how you did this through the VU's with out people knowing.

Last edited:
I'm scared that a MA developer hasn't comment on this thread nor commented about run speed anywhere else...makes me think nerf is intentional.

Bumping this again,

I have 25% run speed between 2 rings,
I take armor off, go running and take rings off, same speed
put them on while still running , same speed

Not only are the run buffs off, the 5% crit I have seems off as well. So now I am worried that ALL ring buffs possibly got nerfed.

Last edited:
the sensation of slowness is horrible

Considering this isn't a dynamic buff, there should be no fitting into expectations.

you - 3.6 seconds slower than math says should be,
(72*.25 = 18 seconds minus your base 72 = 54)
54 minus your 57.6

xen - 3.55 seconds slower
(71*.25 = 17.75 seconds minus his base 71 = 53.25 )
53.25 minus his 56.8

advisor- 6.05 seconds slower?
(67*.35 = 23.45 seconds minus his base 67 = 43.55 )
43.55 minus his 49.6

maybe I am wrong here but this should be how it works vs how is reported?

Forgo, from the way they calculated, its not a flat 25% off the time taken but rather a 25% increase to the character's running speed.

If X is the character's default running speed and Y is the time (in seconds) to run the distance, a 25% increase to the character's running speed results in his speed becoming

X + 0.25 X = 1.25 X

therefore, accordingly (to inverse variation)

when X is 1, Y is 72
when X is 1.25, Y is 72/1.25 = 57.6 as per calculated by Svarog

Pre vu I could outrun atrox Young with augmented speed ring and bunny.

Will try again, to see if it's still the same.

It's still the same, I can outrun atrox young with ring and bunny. No change. It just looks slower.

Not only are the run buffs off, the 5% crit I have seems off as well. So now I am worried that ALL ring buffs possibly got nerfed.

This VU appears to have come with some sneaky hidden nerfs that MA likes to add on every major VU.
Also noticed that the autoloot pill from the TT has lower range than before (item info says 20 meters) but it feels like 5 meters.

138 agility

72 seconds unbuffed

56 seconds 25% speed buff

56 seconds 25% speed buff gun equipped

56 seconds 25% speed buff gun in ready mode entire way (shot gun every 5 seconds or so to stay in ready mode)

So 138 agility same as 101 agility, that is offensive...

Plus I'm pretty sure I'm slower overall and it's not just a visual illusion.

Tested again.

141 agility now.

~70 seconds unbuffed.

~56 seconds 25% speed buff.

:bs:

Tested again.

141 agility now.

~70 seconds unbuffed.

~56 seconds 25% speed buff.

:bs:

At this point it's a matter of how fast you click the stopwatch :). On my spreadsheet the difference between say 60 and 80 agility guys are the same 2 seconds (75.5 sec vs 73.5) as your 138 vs 141 ;)

At this point it's a matter of how fast you click the stopwatch :). On my spreadsheet the difference between say 60 and 80 agility guys are the same 2 seconds (75.5 sec vs 73.5) as your 138 vs 141 ;)

Yeah my timing could be off by half a second or something. The main problem is agility stops counting after 100. This screws those who put in a lot of work (missions) to get that agility and reduces incentive for anyone else to do it.

Back