Suggestion: "Interact" use with Healing Tools and Portable Tools

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Upon use of the "Interact" action with a healing tool selected, nothing happens at all unless you are near creatures you can select, it also strangely seems to lock you onto a creature for whatever reason during use.

I believe use of the "Interact" action with a healing tool selected, if no target is selected, should begin to heal your avatar repeatedly, halting upon re-activation of the "Interact" action or when your avatar has reached full health.

Portable Tools (Portable Trade Terminal and Portable Repair Unit) seem to do absolutely nothing upon use of the "Interact" action, I believe it should trigger the "Use Tool" action.

I know these tools can already be used adequately with the "Use Tool" action, but I believe it's to the benefit of everyone for the "Interact" action to provide as much functionality as possible, since that seems to be the ultimate goal behind it.

Video showing what happens when using the "Interact" command while using a Healing Tool:

Note that if no mobs are nearby absolutely nothing will happen. :/

Last edited:
1. Healing tools should enable avatar targetting/locking with auto-use feature included.
2. Repair tools should have auto use enabled.

This is how I feel interact should work if I pressed F interact with a tool in hand:

1. Healing tools should first lock user avatar with auto-use feature included.
2. Healing tools should lock next avatar (priority should be similar to target priority with attacking items) with auto-use feature included only if lock next target button is pressed.
3. Repair tools should select nearest compatible item with auto use enabled (i.e. nearest claim in FoV or near avatar in 180m radius while excavator equipped and F interact button is pressed).

I was talking about the portable terminals, but I'm sure the functionality of the repair tools would be worth looking at as well.

I've added a video example to my original post.

Status
Back