Suggestion: Esc should not cancel interaction

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
It never did previously and this disallows players from tweaking options seamlessly during gameplay which feels pretty bad, I think if players want to stop doing whatever they're doing there are pretty straight forward ways to do that and Esc isn't needed as an additional way of doing so.

You can go to options without pressing Esc. I disagree that there are straightforward ways to stop actions. That was one of the things I struggled with to begin with. I don't see the problem with this (though as I have mentioned before, I don't see the point of having the "Main Menu" on Esc, but that's a separate issue).

I hate how escape cancels interact before it closes windows (item description, inventory, or other interface windows). It should be the other way around or not have escape cancel interact as OP mentioned

I’d prefer a separate button dedicated to turning off auto use, but failing that, I can work with Esc. What I find annoying is when I push Esc to cancel, not realising that I’ve already deselected the target or that auto use is already off, which then brings up the menu window right in my face. This happens very infrequently though.

I hate how escape cancels interact before it closes windows (item description, inventory, or other interface windows). It should be the other way around or not have escape cancel interact as OP mentioned

This. Too short

Status
Back