Feffoid Wild West (Kill Stealing)

• Thread starter Tom thebuzz Chr
  • Start date
Status
T

Tom thebuzz Chr

:mad: Okay

2nd day in a row I have tried taking part of this event with them darn feffoids, and I have no problems with them either... With Honor or determination it just takes time...

And what REALLY pisses me off by now is all the n00b hunters (n00bs because they do this), that see me slaying (chop chop) a feffoid clan warlord with a sword, and they KNOW its gonna take some time... And then they run up with their adjusted v1 or maddox IV and steals my mobs...

Happens ALL the bloody time out there and I'm so feed up with it.

Why wont people just leave me with this mob that I hit first?

I'm brought up with this way: If a mob first hit you, or you hit it first, its YOURS and its "ILLEGAL" to start shooting it.

:mad: F**K I'm sick of idiots doing this CRAP
(Even well people from in here with a good rep) :mad:

So true. Happened to me all the time. I have bigger gun but its just uneconomical to use them on fefs so i won't use them and before u know it they have stolen your mob and you are too late to switch to another guN.
Just make that area pvp so you can repay them.

chielsen said:
Just make that area pvp so you can repay them.

Wont help as they do more dmg per sec than me at least, otherwise they couldnt steal my mob.

Tom thebuzz Chr said:
:mad: Okay

2nd day in a row I have tried taking part of this event with them darn feffoids, and I have no problems with them either... With Honor or determination it just takes time...

And what REALLY pisses me off by now is all the n00b hunters (n00bs because they do this), that see me slaying (chop chop) a feffoid clan warlord with a sword, and they KNOW its gonna take some time... And then they run up with their adjusted v1 or maddox IV and steals my mobs...

Happens ALL the bloody time out there and I'm so feed up with it.

Why wont people just leave me with this mob that I hit first?

I'm brought up with this way: If a mob first hit you, or you hit it first, its YOURS and its "ILLEGAL" to start shooting it.

:mad: F**K I'm sick of idiots doing this CRAP
(Even well people from in here with a good rep) :mad:

Abuse report them under section 16 c and d of the EULA

Ow, MindArk wont bother anyway... They never do..

It's horribly annoying, you can only hope to out gun them :mad:

Yes it#s really sad, and MA won't do anything...

i once filed a supportcase, because someone once thought it's funny to steal all my mobs. He didn't do anything else then wating until i shoot a mob and steal it then.

The answer from MA was, that they won't do anything.

sorry to hear it mate. ive not been out hunting feffs yet but i can imagen people doing it. i was bought up with the same rules as you i think,
1. the mob belongs to who hit it first (few exceptions but some)
2. if the player dies from a crit or bad luck. leave the mob for them!
3. sure i can think of loads of this kinda thing so im going to stop here!

Tom thebuzz Chr said:

I agree with you but there have always been lots of people who see kill-stealing as part of the game and not illegal in any way. Strictly speaking I guess they are right unless an individual is picking on you enough to make it harassment.

Not a great deal you can do about it except use a bigger gun yourself or add their name to your 'I will get revenge on you someday' list. Another possibility might be to team with a couple of other sword users so you can finish them off at a faster rate.

Tom thebuzz Chr said:
Wont help as they do more dmg per sec than me at least, otherwise they couldnt steal my mob.

Well as i said for me, I don;t hunt fefs with my biggest guns. And pk isn't all about having big guns, it's about smart playing too.
And I don't have one, but would you go out hunting with foeripper or tango?

demoniac said:
or add their name to your 'I will get revenge on you someday' list.

Add kamelot warewolf zero from Good Will Hunting Returned to that list then (whos btw also selling dead Korss guns in auction)..

That is disguisting what goes there.
70% of the people killsteals as i saw.

Even a guy in shadow took our mob on 75% health.
I started to write a list even made screenshots but i gave it up...

Gratz for all the ----censored--- little ----censored---es !!!!

And what you expected? There is no way enough spawn on those and supposedly they will drop some decent item in the end and all people will be just nice and wait until you cut it? Get some gun and do it fast. Will solve problem.

Oh, I was just waiting for this :D

I just won 10 PED betting that you were going to whine about this on EF.

Here's what I saw:

You had 3 big feffys on you. No big deal, you were perfectly able to handle them. Warewolf chose to shoot at one of the feffs attacking you that clearly wasn't injured yet.

The usual abusive bla bla from both parties and when I asked both of you to relax, and that was my exact word, nothing more nothing less, you became abusive towards me.

But I guess you think it's cool to call Warewolf a "nigga" through a PM to me? Are you a racist as much as a whiner?

Neither of you took the time to reflect on the situation, so don't come on here acting all holy and innocent.

Kill Stealing isn't cool, but during events like the ongoing, what happened to you was a mistake that could have been solved right there and then. Had it been deliberately in order to save a few pecs of ammo or decay, don't you think Warewolf would have went after one of the mobs surrounding you that was at half health?

Maybe post the full, unedited story? But that's not as convenient, is it?

Get yourself a bigger gun or move to another area. Kill stealing is in no way against the EULA. The rules of the game are simple, the one who injures a beast the most gets the loot.

As Wolf mentioned, it's also an event going on. People will kill as many feffoids as they can, and you can't expect people to wait for your slow-slaying of a bundle. Sorry, but such is life.

The unwritten rules of conduct are 'unwritten' because they're not enforced...it's only an honor system thing.

I copletely agree that it's bad behavior to mob steal, but it's the hard-coding is deisgned to allow it to happen.

Unfortunately, these 'unwritten' rules tend to fall apart when you've got competition in a a limited geographical area. My best advice is to keep your integrity and fight it out as best you can.

For my part, I find it almost as common for someone to gather up 4 or 5 mobs, then realize they can't handle them and come running towards me hoping they can dump them.

This doesn't bother me in any practical way, just offends me on principle. But like Sarah said, such is life.

Yes, killstealing is a part of the game. Though i can killsteal most single players besides dub, rony and legion (and maybe a handfull of others) i dont do that only because i dont want to piss off other good guy at the time. BUT I look upon killstealing as on legitimate way to reduce hunting costs, intimidating a bad guy or just owning the spawn on the mob for your own. Its very (and unusially) wise of MA to leave the rule 'most damage wins' since we would have alot more of annoyances otherwise. If you feel like a victim take a bigger weapon or team up!

Sarah said:
Get yourself a bigger gun or move to another area. Kill stealing is in no way against the EULA.

If it interferes with any other Participant's ability to enjoy the Entropia Universe according to its rules then it is against the eula.

Nostrop said:
And what you expected? There is no way enough spawn on those and supposedly they will drop some decent item in the end and all people will be just nice and wait until you cut it? Get some gun and do it fast. Will solve problem.

I would expect someone to show some respect for others. The spawn is just as thin for they guy who's mob you are stealing. Now as in this case if someone is working on three of them at the same time and you pick one off then I really don't see the problem as the spawn is indeed too small for the attention it is receiving due to this event.

Some nice lies you are spreading here - thx for the positive talk about my soc.

We talked about it in soc after and we where sure that you would post it here.

I guess if you are gonna paticipate in the feff event you will be crying a lot more since everybody wants the egg.

WOW all kind of ubers coming out of the closet that they have no social capabilities. Scamming isn't against the EULA too, if it was they would have been banned long before (and i mean borrowing and not give it back). Burn all scammers!!! But killstealing is fine because when can do it and we gain from it. Pure killstealing (that is i'm shooting a a mob and he is attacking me and another does more damage then me while I already had it on 75% health is plain stealing money from me).
Go to pvp3 to steal from other players but don't do that when the other isn't completly comfortable with the chance of losing money to other players.

Wolf Grey said:
Oh, I was just waiting for this :D

I just won 10 PED betting that you were going to whine about this on EF.

Here's what I saw:

You had 3 big feffys on you. No big deal, you were perfectly able to handle them. Warewolf chose to shoot at one of the feffs attacking you that clearly wasn't injured yet.

The usual abusive bla bla from both parties and when I asked both of you to relax, and that was my exact word, nothing more nothing less, you became abusive towards me.

But I guess you think it's cool to call Warewolf a "nigga" through a PM to me? Are you a racist as much as a whiner?

Neither of you took the time to reflect on the situation, so don't come on here acting all holy and innocent.

Kill Stealing isn't cool, but during events like the ongoing, what happened to you was a mistake that could have been solved right there and then. Had it been deliberately in order to save a few pecs of ammo or decay, don't you think Warewolf would have went after one of the mobs surrounding you that was at half health?

Maybe post the full, unedited story? But that's not as convenient, is it?

If it's like that I agree fully that you guys are 100% clean. I had this myself sometimes too. I really hate people so stupid who are complaining about you helping them out (because that is what you do, save some armor and fap decay for him).
But the real killstealing happends alot there too.

c. You cannot interfere with any other Participant's ability to enjoy the Entropia Universe according to its rules.

MindArk ruins many peoples ability to enjoy the game on a daily basis.

You cannot use this, for KS is not against the rules.

It is also to general a statement. I could say "I don't like Lady Wolf" for instance, what if that statement hurts her feelings? Have I now violated this part of the COU policy? No.

The most important part of this sentance is "according to its rules"!

Having seen wolf's post I can't see that warewolf has done anything wrong as far as getting the mob is concerned.

If there are multiple mobs on someone and one is full health it's generally "fair game" as I see it. I see no need for someone to become abusive about this, IMO the mob does not "belong" to you simply because it is attacking you. If you are attacking it then fair enough, that's KS. (There is some grey area too, e.g. when you shoot first or at the same time and the mob decides to run off the wrong way. Or when you can't tell that someone has shot the mob, or they shot and missed etc. Also if it's complete chaos with heavy spwans it is difficult to know who shot a mob, whether they were in your team or not, so it's not always clear. In those situations it's a case of do the best you can and if you lose out just bite the bullet and get on with it.)

I'll take a full health mob if someone looks like they are struggling but it also seems reasonable do it in an event. Otherwise I'll assume they want to evade skill while killing the mobs and that they like armor decay :p

Kill stealing might not be against the EULA, but what's the matter with letting someone finish the mob he is shooting ? Are people really that greedy that those few extra pecs is worth another persons grief ?

Honestly, taking mobs from someone who has several on him is fine, but taking the one someone is shooting isn't fine.

I got pissed a few times today as well over people doing the not so fine part, one of them is in this thread saying that KS is fine, so guess that's how it is for her - Another one was stupid enough to follow me around for 10 mobs with unamped Korss trying to steal my mobs, made me a few extra pecs before he left me alone -

I'll tag the mob from distance if someone is running to it, I'll take mobs from people who have more on them than one . But I wont take a mob from a guy who only has one mob and he is shooting at that one, no matter if he has MM (Can't do it from him anyways) or Opalo (Unless ofcourse he had done something to piss me off)

chielsen said:
If it's like that I agree fully that you guys are 100% clean. I had this myself sometimes too. I really hate people so stupid who are complaining about you helping them out (because that is what you do, save some armor and fap decay for him).
But the real killstealing happends alot there too.

I am not trying to hide the fact that the thread starter was perfectly able to handle all of them himself. It's just feff afterall ;)

But I am very concious about the fact that the Feffoid Clan Warlord (a very interesting mob during this event, as I don't think anyone expects the egg to loot off a bandit) was at full health when Warewolf shot at it. So the motive was not kill stealing in the traditional sense.

I should also add that my adj. V1 did not shoot at any of the mobs surrounding him until the 1 feffoid agro'ed on my soc m8. If it had, he could cry "kill stealer" all he wanted, because that would then have been the truth ;)

have same problem here, if i have a few on me because i have the kobold on the shoot them all off me, or if i tag a big one then they kill it befor the damb thing reaches me,

so if i return the favour to them , they give me abuse, these are season pro's who seem to be getting to big for themselves, im with ya buzz

Sarah said:
Get yourself a bigger gun or move to another area. Kill stealing is in no way against the EULA. The rules of the game are simple, the one who injures a beast the most gets the loot.

Killstealing is like walk straight to the ticket window, ignoring the line behind. It's not illegal, because every bad behaviiour can't be regulated by law; but it will nevertheless annoy all the people waiting.

Sarah said:
As Wolf mentioned, it's also an event going on. People will kill as many feffoids as they can, and you can't expect people to wait for your slow-slaying of a bundle. Sorry, but such is life.

If I'm in the process of killing a feff, then *nobody* has to wait for me to kill that feff. They should just pick some other feff that I haven't touched.

As for using a fast gun - for most people using a fast gun will mean using a very uneconomical gun, for instance using a mk2 instead of opalo, or using an e-amp instead of amp-103. And it's not especially nice to force someone to change to a more uneconomical weapon by shooting on the same mob. Not every player in game has an amped maddox or mod merc in their inventory that they are not using juse because they *want* to hog mobs.

If someone takes 15 minutes to kill a feff, what's the problem for other hunters? If a feff spawns every minute, that means that during the time a slow hunter kills that big feff, you as a fast hunter has the chance to kill 14 other feffs while waiting once you realize that you don't have to get *that* feff. You porbably will earn on it to lol, I got 3.5+0.7 PED from my only two feff clanlords while others globalled on them...

aia said:
I never said killstealing is good. It's just an ethics thing. Some people consider it, some people don't. It's not against the rules of the game. And no, it's not against the RoC 16§c. Then pking would be so too. And killstealing is definitely NOT something that you should cry about in the forums. As I said. Move to another area, get a bigger gun or team up.

aia said:
If I'm in the process of killing a feff, then *nobody* has to wait for me to kill that feff. They should just pick some other feff that I haven't touched.

Problem with the starting post is that he is not telling it like it happen.
It wasn't a feff that he was in process of killing!

Later in his thread he write that warewolf are selling dead Korss. First of all what has that got to do with anything? Second I have never seen him do that and we...dont really belive it either. If it is truth that is sure someting we have to tell him. Warewolf is a trader but I've always known him as a good and fair trader.

Status
Back