Moral dilemma

WoenK

Elite
Society
Riverboat Gamblers
Irdeta WoenK Hocren
You find a "bug" which could save you quite some few PEDs, report it dutifully to support and get notified that it will be fixed with the next update.

Next update does not fix it.

Can one consider it now as "working as intended" ?

I think that "will be fixed in the next vu" is a cut and paste response that's not always right. Sometimes they forget or are unable to fix it in the next VU like they hoped. When this happens they never contact you to tell you it still isn't fixed so you can't assume it's all good after the VU.

You have to assume that if it feels like an exploit - it probably is and shouldn't be used once you realize it's an exploit and you've reported it. Accidentally using an exploit without realizing and then reporting and no longer doing it afterward is one thing. But finding an exploit and refusing to report it and/or reporting it then purposely using it for your own financial benefit at MA's expense is grounds for account termination.

If you're unsure, contact them again and ask before using it. Better safe than sorry. Even if you can save LOADS of peds, what good is that savings if they lock your account and you have no access to it?

I can understand that it's tempting though... I recently just found a similar exploit and reported it today. I'm not sure how long I was accidentally taking advantage of it without knowing (especially since I've been pretty drunk the last few times I've been playing lol) but now that I'm aware of it I've stopped and reported the bug to MA. Pretty big bug too that I'm guessing is costing them a fair amount of money as there are probably many taking advantage of it without even knowing. It's not exactly something you would realize is happening until it's been happening for a while.

Can one consider it now as "working as intended" ?
We fully understand, we do however refer you to our EULA for information on how we handle situations like this, but to put it simply to ease your mind, a mistake or an accident in regards to a bug is far from purposely abusing it.

We hope you understand the distinction and we apologize that we cannot give you a more definite answer than that at this time.
Check the reply from a support case I made recently regarding amps continue to function after reaching 0.00 TT.
This bug/exploit didn't get fixed until third VU, this was my third support case.

I believe it should answer your question. Tread carefully.

Do the right thing because it is right.
Immanuel Kant

[of course, same applies to MindArk]

Do the right thing because it is right.
Immanuel Kant

[of course, same applies to MindArk]

Ah Kant.....-was for years an idol to me "Allways act that your actions can be a maxime to others" ...until I found out he was a loner that was living in a dream world amd actually could not even be an idal to anyone, because noone knew him personally :D
Stil trying to be an example of some kind, but still...
Feel somehow wrong, knowing that something is wrong with the system and others without thought profiting by not giving a flying gibnib..

yeah...will probably "do the right thing"...still does not feel right because other don't and that without consequences

Maybe an apprecition for "doing the right thing" is really what I am missing....normally when you find a bug, you get something in return...I do not even get a T-shirt :D

Choose right. If you exploit the system and MA knows u can lose everything. Better not to cheat.

I'm pretty sure that MA will think an exploit is still an exploit even if they haven't fixed it yet, especially if it costs them money. :wise:

Ah Kant...Maybe an apprecition for "doing the right thing" is really what I am missing....normally when you find a bug, you get something in return...I do not even get a T-shirt :D

According to Kant it is your duty to do what is right for duty's sake alone, not for a T-shirt ;)

Negatory...

I found an exploit which allows you to avoid deterioration of your medical tools when healing.

I have sent a support case immediately which was automatically closed and response received "blah blah we will look into it". After weeks nothing happened (I was testing it - one full free heal daily) so I wrote to a live support guy in game, he seemed to treat the issue seriously and wanted me to sent him the ID number of the support case and said he will influence someone at MA to fix it asap.

Thing is - all the players globally can avoid using any medical tools and heal them fully but one important factor must be fulfilled. I described the issue and all the factors, contacted live support and now I wait. Those factors which allow free healing are not present 100% of the time in game but when it will be available again in game, I will test if they fixed it. If not, I'm gonna send another support case. If it will not be fixed, I am gonna assume that it is a feature, not a bug.

Many of you say that when it comes to bugs fixing that make us loose money MA does nothing but then bugs make MA loose money they act instantly. Not true. I believe they lost tons of money due to that bug and they simply seem to not care. Last time I logged and all the factors were fulfilled, I could still heal for free.

You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.

Perhaps this bug is not as easy to fix as you think it is. Them not fixing it fast is NOT an excuse to exploit it imo.
However, If you think they had enough time to introduce a proper fix, you can choose to make this bug public.

Report it and m.a. will punish u but let others that silently keep exploiting, uh using unpublished features be allowed to continue... ALWAYS has been this way since the beginning sadly...

Dilemma at the momet is rather, I reported it and now I really have to watch to no accidently exploit it.
yeah...made my decision even before posting...still...does not feel good that others do not give a damn for a few PEDs.
And surely does not feel good that they get away with it...well at least they will not go to the "good place" ;D

Publish it.

then MA has to act.

Back