Win Amethera Outback Land #21 Event

I dont know how many times I said, -This is the best event ever….. and now this!!

there was only one prize in this event ...and he sold it.

sad day for the 200 ppl that participated for 11 months in this event

Somebody just became instant KOS.

And in second thought I will never ever hunt on this landarea again in current ownership, since the buyer of the landarea knew very well that this landarea was the prize of the event. I would be surprised if any contestant in the event will.

I was told he tried to sell it to Divinity like 5 months ago.

Too bad you didnt see this thread sooner then. oww well..

I guess this is another blow to player organised events that promise big prizes.

I did see it, just dident want to believe it :p. i have 169 globals on that event, can only hope for compensation.

2500 total globals in this competition, so 25 tickets worth in globals. The most fair solution would be to pay out 25% of the sale to the participants.

well done chong! i'll join even less playerowned area events in future...

Dont let the actions of 1 shady, sketchy player ruin your fun or reduce your options. When it comes to big prizes, stick to those with stellar reputations in Entropia. MsPudding would be one of those people. Chong definitely is not.

I would also say this is the problem with long time events. My advice is to stick to those you can easily redeem your rewards. MsPudding, BIG industries, etc. to name a few.

What a scum-bag...

He did try and i had raised the matter of the event as well. His solution at that time was to pay out proportional peds to the participants as per the globals scored by them. I remember very well having named one specific person who i knew was fully devoted to the LA in terms of getting the globals and he had also assured that none of them would have a problem and it would all be taken care of.

I am a bit surprised by the lack of communication from him regarding the event especially considering he was able to login in game for the trade.

There are two things here. As has been informed by the new LA owner there are technical issues being faced. My advice would be to raise a support case regarding the same with MA and perhaps they can act as an intermediary to circumvent any issues faced by either parties. This will be for the long term good of the game and considering recent MA stands I do not see why this cannot be enforced here. So the right thing would be to take it up with MA via support as this has been a widely publicized event and I am pretty sure they will help out as much as they can.

MA of 2020 is not the same MA of yesteryear and given the enormity of the people effected I bet they will not stay on the sidelines.

Cheers,

Divinity

Please do not kill the messenger! I beg you!

I did not want to be the one to make the announcement that this event has ended, I wanted to leave that to Chong. However, I also did not want to stay quiet on the sidelines while people continued to grind his event under the assumption they could still participate in his event.

I am the new owner of OLA#21, I purchased the LA from Chong a little over a day ago. I do think Chong is experiencing some technical issues with trying to connect to PCF. I am not certain, but he mentioned having some connectivity issues to PCF and EntropiaWiki when he handled the trade. Because this is Chong's event, and not mine, anyone participating in this event will need to contact Chong All-The-Way Pha to receive prize payouts.

I just made the announcement public a minute ago, here is a link to my post.

This deed is no longer for sale, or participating in Chong's event. As the new owner I will launch my own separate event.

I apologize I had to be the one to make this announcement, but I put myself in Chong's shoes, and yours as the participants, and I would want someone to notify me if the event promoter was unable to connect to PCF. Best of luck to you all.

Thank you,
MsPudding

arent you as a buyer, knowing fully well the situation about this LA, responsible for the handling of this event?

A bit like buying a house which is rented to people. You get the residents in the sale as well!

I think you shouldn't even have bought it from him. Your putting your own rep at stake here!
You where fully aware, so don't hide behind chon!

*edit* and btw, you're not the messenger here. You're the buyer of a claimed LA.

arent you as a buyer, knowing fully well the situation about this LA, responsible for the handling of this event?

A bit like buying a house which is rented to people. You get the residents in the sale as well!

I think you shouldn't even have bought it from him. Your putting your own rep at stake here!

*edit* and btw, you're not the messenger here. You're the buyer of a claimed LA.

No. It's not at all like purchasing a home. But it is like purchasing a piece of commercial real estate.

Lets talk about Steve, Bob, Susan, burgers, and wings.

Steve purchases a building and outfits it with commercial cooking equipment. He then puts it up for lease.

Bob comes along and signs a lease with Steve, and opens a restaurant called Bob's All Beef Burgers. Bob sees other restaurants running loyalty programs and having good success with it, so he chooses to run a loyalty rewards program of his own, and it goes well for him. After a while things change for Bob and he decides it is time to retire from the burger business, so he makes a new loyalty program to make his exit.
In Bob's new loyalty rewards program he states that every 100th cheese burger you purchase from him will give you a ticket for a raffle with 1% chance to receive at-cost burgers at his restaurant for life, and that the raffle would be held after all the tickets were redeemed.
After nearly a year things aren't going nearly as well as planned, and the raffle tickets are being redeemed at a much slower rate than anticipated. Bob is already living a retirement lifestyle, the burger joint being the last burden remaining to fully retire. So Bob decides to go ahead and shut down his business altogether and retire.

Steve, the landlord, then puts the building up for lease again.

Susan comes on scene and chooses to sell chicken wings. Susan decides to run her own loyalty rewards program.
While Susan is selling food at the same location where Bob was previously selling burgers, Susan is at no obligation to serve free wings or burgers to Bob's former customers.

Counter argument: Bob wasn't a tenant, though, he was an owner-operator, and he promised not only cheeseburgers but also the building and the commercial kitchen equipment.

That may be so, but there are several reasons the new owner is under no obligation to compensate Bob's customers.

First; Bob's loyalty program never put a lien or any kind of contingency plan in place on what happens if the business is shut down before the loyalty program pays out the building.

Second; Susan purchased the building and the kitchen equipment, not the Burger business. Susan built her own business within the premises and using the same equipment as Bob's old business.

Third; Bitter as this may be, Bob's Burger Loyalty Rewards Program specifically stated that the raffle would occur AFTER all the tickets had been redeemed. When Bob finally retired, only a small fraction of the raffle tickets had been redeemed.

Conclusion; While Bob's most loyal burger eaters may request compensation from Bob, Susan is under no obligation to provide free wings, free burgers, or anything else as a result of Bob's loyalty rewards program - whether or not she chooses to run a loyalty program of her own.

Are there lessons to be learned here? Absolutely. There are lessons for event managers, LA owners, and event participants.

Final note; Chong has not logged onto PCF since before the LA sale took place, and a technical issue preventing his logging on has been brought up. It is premature to make accusations.

Last edited:

Your anger is misdirected. You should be angry at Chong. She is not responsible for the event terminating.

Upon further consideration, you could view it like buying a house, but under these circumstances it is nothing like a home that is leased. It is somewhat like buying a house from an owner occupant with a family.

Jack owns a home. In his home he lives with his significant other and 3 child dependents.

Jack chooses to sell his home.

Jane buys the home.

It is not Jane's responsibility to ensure housing for Jack's significant other or the 3 child dependents, even if they were living in the home when Jack sold it.

Your anger is misdirected. You should be angry at Chong. She is not responsible for the event terminating.

I'm not angry.

It's just lame.

You buy an estate of which you KNEW it was part of a price being given away.

Ok, the rented house story was not the best comparison.
More like buying a STOLEN house!

Pudding KNEW the estate was under event and it was a price, so why in the first place did he actually buy it?
NOBODY should have bought that land from that lame chongf#ck.
It should have been given away to the rightfull winner.

Ah well, good luck with that cursed land area.

No. It's not at all like purchasing a home. But it is like purchasing a piece of commercial real estate.

Lets talk about Steve, Bob, Susan, burgers, and wings.

Steve purchases a building and outfits it with commercial cooking equipment. He then puts it up for lease.

Bob comes along and signs a lease with Steve, and opens a restaurant called Bob's All Beef Burgers. Bob sees other restaurants running loyalty programs and having good success with it, so he chooses to run a loyalty rewards program of his own, and it goes well for him. After a while things change for Bob and he decides it is time to retire from the burger business, so he makes a new loyalty program to make his exit.
In Bob's new loyalty rewards program he states that every 100th cheese burger you purchase from him will give you a ticket for a raffle with 1% chance to receive at-cost burgers at his restaurant for life, and that the raffle would be held after all the tickets were redeemed.
After nearly a year things aren't going nearly as well as planned, and the raffle tickets are being redeemed at a much slower rate than anticipated. Bob is already living a retirement lifestyle, the burger joint being the last burden remaining to fully retire. So Bob decides to go ahead and shut down his business altogether and retire.

Steve, the landlord, then puts the building up for lease again.

Susan comes on scene and chooses to sell chicken wings. Susan decides to run her own loyalty rewards program.
While Susan is selling food at the same location where Bob was previously selling burgers, Susan is at no obligation to serve free wings or burgers to Bob's former customers.

Counter argument: Bob wasn't a tenant, though, he was an owner-operator, and he promised not only cheeseburgers but also the building and the commercial kitchen equipment.

That may be so, but there are several reasons the new owner is under no obligation to compensate Bob's customers.

First; Bob's loyalty program never put a lien or any kind of contingency plan in place on what happens if the business is shut down before the loyalty program pays out the building.

Second; Susan purchased the building and the kitchen equipment, not the Burger business. Susan built her own business within the premises and using the same equipment as Bob's old business.

Third; Bitter as this may be, Bob's Burger Loyalty Rewards Program specifically stated that the raffle would occur AFTER all the tickets had been redeemed. When Bob finally retired, only a small fraction of the raffle tickets had been redeemed.

Conclusion; While Bob's most loyal burger eaters may request compensation from Bob, Susan is under no obligation to provide free wings, free burgers, or anything else as a result of Bob's loyalty rewards program - whether or not she chooses to run a loyalty program of her own.

Are there lessons to be learned here? Absolutely. There are lessons for event managers, LA owners, and event participants.

Final note; Chong has not logged onto PCF since before the LA sale took place, and a technical issue preventing his logging on has been brought up. It is premature to make accusations.

What a weird example.

The right example would be something from Half-life 2: Ravenholm

ravenholm.jpg

Pfff go to hell Jack, that guy is a god damn douche bag of an excuse for a human being and I'm keeping it clean for the kids.

And I'm really disappointed of your position on this, I expected more from you...

That Chongpha guy is a f*cking prick scammer and I hope MA puts his next withdrawal on hold indefinitely.

I would never even THINK of pulling something like this. I'm a man of my word and am guided by moral values and these things are extremely important in this type of environment (RCE). Just yesterday someone came into my shop and bought the wrong set of armor. After explaining to me what happened, I took it back and refunded the player, because that's the ONLY MORAL THING TO DO.

Screw that guy, what a piece of sh*t! And MsPudding should NOT HAVE BOUGHT IT KNOWING FULL WELL THAT IT HAD ALREADY BEEN PROMISED AS PART OF AN EVENT PRIZE!

Legends

Last edited:
So, how is pudding going to solve this issue? Undo the deal and give the LA to the rightful winner?

Or does pudding have no respect for the player base and give everybody the finger?

Just pretending to be an innocent "messenger" is not going to stick.

one sad example more

I hope accounts are locked until MA sort this out .

This is as bad as it gets peeps

#alltradesarefinal

#alltradesarefinal

YES, and Chong traded LA21 for 10000 globals, thats 20ped/global

so far +200ppl have done about 2900 globals,(my share was 641globals)
that's a total down payment for 58000ped and after Selling the LA also a refund for 58000ped

Chong said: - The deeds will never be sold and can only be owned by winning this event

Things change all the time , he might have a good reason for Selling LA21, hard to know because he havent login here sins 10-25-2019 and dont answer pm in game.

MA we need your help to get in touch whit him and fix this mess, someone said that he cant login here or in entropia Life , makes me wonder if this person is Chong at all

this will affects events on all playerowned areas

keek

This is from the original thread Before the event started, I just leave this here for MA to read,

This is what he said
1.AOL #21 is no longer for sale and can only be owned by winning the event.
2.The deeds will never be sold and can only be owned by winning this event.
3. The deeds will never be sold and can only be owned by winning this event.

Isn’t the deed posted on the Market right now?
]The deed was on the market for a short period. I did get some good offers but none that was able to meet the B/O price. Hence, that is why I started this event. AOL #21 is no longer for sale and can only be owned by winning the event. The event is intended to be a long-term event. I am predicting it to last at least 3 years before all 10 tickets are claimed. The event is set up so that those who really want to own a LA can have a chance to own one without the high up-front cost. It is also set up for that one opportunist to take a chance at making a good fortune if they do end up winning; by selling the LA for a nice profit or keeping it for them self.

Hello, i would like to know can i receive 2 tickets? What is payment per global if you sell the deed before event ends?

Every 1000 globals each avatar/team record will win a ticket. In addition, tickets can also be sold, traded, or giving away. You are free to negotiate for tickets with the ticket holder and I will assist with the transfer of ticket.

The deeds will never be sold and can only be owned by winning this event. I am open to having a caretaker hold on the deeds for assurance reasons. However, this caretaker must have a flawless reputation, be active and have many years of Entropia Universe experience, own multiple high value assets in-game, and recognize they will receive no monetary return for this role. Please pm me here on PCF or in-game if you can meet these requirements and interested.

Interesting Event. I do have a few questions though.

1. Will global naming be bought for the event?

2. If not is that why you are only considering weak's for the event. The la does have strongs and Ravager which formed quite a number of my globals when i used to hunt @LA.

3. Also as Chiee asked, if the LA is sold before the event completes what will be paid out to those who globalled.

Cheers,

Divinity

1. LA global message has been expired and I have no intention of renewing. Formicacida Weak mobs are unique to only AOL #21. I will be using EntropiaLife, info for Formicacida, to track Formicacida Weak globals on AOL #21. This will also give the new owner the option to rename the LA to whatever they may choose.

2. Although Strong and Ravager maturities do spawn occasionally, I have no way to keep track if the globals registered on EntropiaLife is from AOL #21. For globals with maturities higher than Formicacida Weak scored on AOL #21, I will leave the burden of proof upon the hunter. This can be accomplished by posting a screenshot of your globals on this separate forum here. Once posted and determined to be a global from OLA #21, I will update your score.

3. The deeds will never be sold and can only be owned by winning this event. I am open to having a caretaker hold on the deeds for assurance reasons. However, this caretaker must have a flawless reputation, be active and have many years of Entropia Universe experience, own multiple high value assets in-game, and recognize they will receive no monetary return for this role. Please pm me here on PCF or in-game if you can meet these requirements and interested.

So, how is pudding going to solve this issue? Undo the deal and give the LA to the rightful winner?

Or does pudding have no respect for the player base and give everybody the finger?

Just pretending to be an innocent "messenger" is not going to stick.

It's not her responsibility to do anything about it to compensate you for someone else's event. Any penalties and compensation will need to be provided by Chong. For that, you will likely need Mindark to step in, if anything - but I don't expect them to and for the most part, don't think they should set this precedent.

Reactions: 711
It's not her responsibility to do anything about it to compensate you for someone else's event. Any penalties and compensation will need to be provided by Chong. For that, you will likely need Mindark to step in, if anything - but I don't expect them to and for the most part, don't think they should set this precedent.

Dude, stop being so freaking ignorant.

The FACTS are very simple.

The LA had essentially been given away.
Pudding was just being opportunistic and didnt care about it already being given away and just bought it anyways.

If pudding had a spine (which the name says otherwise) he would have just not bought the LA and pointed chong to his word of giving it away instead of selling it.

Don't protect pudding. he, she or it is part of this scam!

Like I said before, the LA was given away and has been stolen from the rightfull winners. And Pudding bought that stolen LA knowing this FULLY well!!

I can only hope the community won't forget and that this is dealt with!

Please do not kill the messenger! I beg you!

I did not want to be the one to make the announcement that this event has ended, I wanted to leave that to Chong. However, I also did not want to stay quiet on the sidelines while people continued to grind his event under the assumption they could still participate in his event.

I am the new owner of OLA#21, I purchased the LA from Chong a little over a day ago. I do think Chong is experiencing some technical issues with trying to connect to PCF. I am not certain, but he mentioned having some connectivity issues to PCF and EntropiaWiki when he handled the trade. Because this is Chong's event, and not mine, anyone participating in this event will need to contact Chong All-The-Way Pha to receive prize payouts.

I just made the announcement public a minute ago, here is a link to my post.

This deed is no longer for sale, or participating in Chong's event. As the new owner I will launch my own separate event.

I apologize I had to be the one to make this announcement, but I put myself in Chong's shoes, and yours as the participants, and I would want someone to notify me if the event promoter was unable to connect to PCF. Best of luck to you all.

Thank you,
MsPudding

So basically, you are trying to safe some of you reputation here by informing the community? Lol.

It's quite obvious that Chong did intentionally scam a lot of participants by just selling this LA to you. You did help him. You provided the means for this scam to resolve. That's all and imo that kind of behaviour doesn't deserve any kudos.

But it's your karma.

So basically, you are trying to safe some of you reputation here by informing the community? Lol.

It's quite obvious that Chong did intentionally scam a lot of participants by just selling this LA to you. You did help him. You provided the means for this scam to resolve. That's all and imo that kind of behaviour doesn't deserve any kudos.

But it's your karma.

Your are so wrong mate. MsPudding doesnt have anything to do with the fact that there was an event ongoing on the LA. He bought it and wasnt obliged to keep the event. Its sad yes that there were ppl competing for that event but as an owner he can do whatever he wants with his property. You would expect him to send you an email announcing that he is selling it and that event its over?
Your thinking its just pathethic and acussing new owner about helping to a scam its even worse.

Dude, stop being so freaking ignorant.

The FACTS are very simple.

The LA had essentially been given away.
Pudding was just being opportunistic and didnt care about it already being given away and just bought it anyways.

If pudding had a spine (which the name says otherwise) he would have just not bought the LA and pointed chong to his word of giving it away instead of selling it.

Don't protect pudding. he, she or it is part of this scam!

Like I said before, the LA was given away and has been stolen from the rightfull winners. And Pudding bought that stolen LA knowing this FULLY well!!

I can only hope the community won't forget and that this is dealt with!

Your post is littered with personal attacks instead of actually something meaningful. That is a sign of a very weak argument.

The situation sucks but it isn't her responsibility to answer for an event she did not own. If anything, Chong owes restitution. Thank goodness you are not a judge.

Your post is littered with personal attacks instead of actually something meaningful. That is a sign of a very weak argument.

The situation sucks but it isn't her responsibility to answer for an event she did not own. If anything, Chong owes restitution. Thank goodness you are not a judge.

We can be just happy that more tickets wasnt claimed than what it was so far. imagine if there would be 85% of tickets claimed and pudding buys the LA. Chong want to benefit as much possible from the situation and let the event run almost end and sell LA to mspudding for cheap price (idk what puddings paid).

This could go much worse than how it went, im just happy that I figured out at start that i dont have chance to win this LA (0% chance it seems) and i quited to even try with my team.

I have seen many many offers where LA owner offers to sell his LA even it have event running for years already with big claimable prizes.

This can be warning to everyone that dont trust in events with people who you dont know etc.

Last edited:
Back