Win Amethera Outback Land #21 Event

This is from the original thread Before the event started, I just leave this here for MA to read,

This is what he said
1.AOL #21 is no longer for sale and can only be owned by winning the event.
2.The deeds will never be sold and can only be owned by winning this event.
3. The deeds will never be sold and can only be owned by winning this event.

You should send support cases to MA and everyone else affected should do the same. That is the only way this can have some fair resolution

For that, you will likely need Mindark to step in, if anything - but I don't expect them to and for the most part, don't think they should set this precedent.

I disagree. I have seen many situations with way lesser community/ped involvement where MA have intervened by locking/banning avatars. So the only thing that everyone who has been affected needs to do is have MA intervene.

You should send support cases to MA and everyone else affected should do the same. That is the only way this can have some fair resolution

I disagree. I have seen many situations with way lesser community/ped involvement where MA have intervened by locking/banning avatars. So the only thing that everyone who has been affected needs to do is have MA intervene.

They can intervene but at the end of the day, the restitution needs to occur from Chong. IE. Mindark removes PED from Chong to compensate.

They can intervene but at the end of the day, the restitution needs to occur from Chong. IE. Mindark removes PED from Chong to compensate.

Of course as long as the transaction took place via peds ingame there is no reason for anyone else to be held accountable.

^This.

Guys send the support cases asap, it's a lot of money... I hope MA does something.

support case was sent after a few Days and i hope that you're right about MA

MA of 2020 is not the same MA of yesteryear and given the enormity of the people effected I bet they will not stay on the sidelines.

Cheers,

Divinity

This is so true, "-MA of 2020 is not the same MA" -You gave me hope when i read it, thx Divinity

to MA I want to say,- Dont stay on the sidelines

Keek

I wont even bother with the support, but hey keep us posted Keek :)

After 2 weeks it seems I may have been wrong. No sign of communication whatsoever by Chong from any medium. I agree that filing a support case is your best bet.

2020-01-30 09:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi keek,

Thank you for your support case.

We apologize for the inconvenience but we can unfortunately not discuss other avatars via support cases nor give out any information about other participants.

We are aware of the current situation and it's currently being investigated but at this time we cannot state anything further than that.

Chongpa and pudding are laughing their balls out of their pants.
Master scam!
Chong got all the event profit. And pudding got a bargain and "releasing" chong from his obligations, washing his/her hands in innocence.
So, we all got fucked over by those 2.

Happy hunting you all on puddings new land.

Pfff go to hell Jack, that guy is a god damn douche bag of an excuse for a human being and I'm keeping it clean for the kids.

And I'm really disappointed of your position on this, I expected more from you...

That Chongpha guy is a f*cking prick scammer and I hope MA puts his next withdrawal on hold indefinitely.

I would never even THINK of pulling something like this. I'm a man of my word and am guided by moral values and these things are extremely important in this type of environment (RCE). Just yesterday someone came into my shop and bought the wrong set of armor. After explaining to me what happened, I took it back and refunded the player, because that's the ONLY MORAL THING TO DO.

Screw that guy, what a piece of sh*t! And MsPudding should NOT HAVE BOUGHT IT KNOWING FULL WELL THAT IT HAD ALREADY BEEN PROMISED AS PART OF AN EVENT PRIZE!

Legends

Legend post ! Massive + rep

ps " Its sad that after every scammer there is couple of few that are trying they best to support him . Piece of shits its least you can say

Your post is littered with personal attacks instead of actually something meaningful. That is a sign of a very weak argument.

The situation sucks but it isn't her responsibility to answer for an event she did not own. If anything, Chong owes restitution. Thank goodness you are not a judge.

Well in a way all who hunted this land during this event are judges. They will assess this situation and decide if they still want to hunt on OLA21 in particular or on MsPudding events in general. I know I won't, I could imagine others feel the same way. Maybe we should make a public poll about it?

So you do not want to spend a little effort in making the support case and yet want Keek to not only do that but also to keep you updated. :scratch2:

2020-01-30 09:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi keek,

Thank you for your support case.

We apologize for the inconvenience but we can unfortunately not discuss other avatars via support cases nor give out any information about other participants.

We are aware of the current situation and it's currently being investigated but at this time we cannot state anything further than that.

Seems a bit disconcerting because they reference other avatars. Your support case should be focussed on you and not on any other avatar. So i do not see why MA cannot discuss with you ( the avatar who has been wronged) w.r.t the person who has wronged you.

The good part is they have addressed the fact that they are aware of the situation. If I were you I would still send a message asking how they plan to keep you informed of the progress.

Hope the matter gets solved in favour of everyone involved.

Cheers,

Divinity

Nah i think its futile, best case scenario Chong gets banned for some kind of suspicious behavior. No refunds will ever reach the players affected by this. If u cant get stolen items back from MA i doubt u can get peds based on a lie.

I will wait for Chong to respond to this before i nerdrage. I have done some dealings with him in the past and he struck me as a decent human being.

...I have done some dealings with him in the past and he struck me as a decent human being.

...as is the case with most scammers.

they give you a good feeling over something small before they screw you big!

There has been precedents set in court over a few different EU matters

Not going to mention names but TI is an example

MA or persons affected can possibly start their own proceedings and most likely already have

If MA have stated they know about this then you can almost be rest assured that what can be done will be done

You cannot blatantly rip anyone off in RL or in EU so I wish the affected scammed all the best with their claims

GL peeps

Shaking my damn head. And gnashing teeth.

It's not her responsibility to do anything about it to compensate you for someone else's event. Any penalties and compensation will need to be provided by Chong. For that, you will likely need Mindark to step in, if anything - but I don't expect them to and for the most part, don't think they should set this precedent.

In a real world deal, there would have been a legal clause on the property. The property has been set as a prize in an event/lottery - clearly stated by the owner. In the real world, either 1) a sale would occur, but event continued or 2) event seized before sale, participants of event reimbursed in some form (and in agreement - there could be legal cases), or
3) a clear-cut "see you in Court"-case.

In this case, scammer rips off event participants, sells the property and disappears. Buyer pretends like there will not be any consequences on his part. Buyer and seller may even have been working in tandem, hard to say at this point.

The one who can sort it out is MA. Freeze assets, investigate, reimburce tax to event participants from scammer's or scammers' pockets. Ban scammer(s). If they allow this kind of sh1t to happen without dire consequences, LAs will die, hurting owners and community alike.

I've stayed on the sidelines for a few weeks now, waiting, and hoping Chong would reach out to the participants here and make things right. The sale of his Land Area is his story to tell, not mine. He hasn't said anything yet, and I'm beginning to think he never will. Enough time had passed that I think it's right if I clear the air on some of the questions brought up. Normally, I would never discuss LA acquisition details in public, however, given the circumstances, I will share some of the details here with you. I hope in some way they're helpful:

• Chong reached out to me with an in game PM sometime around Christmas or early January, offering me his land. I did not initiate the contact to buy OLA#21

[*]I was told there were two other current Land Area owners who Chong had been dealing with before PM'ing me, he said in December they had both verbally offered to buy OLA#21 for his asking price, but those other LA owners needed some time to gather funds. Chong told me he hadn't accepted either of their offers yet because he wanted to sell it sooner than they were able to get the funds together. He told me if I could provide him the same amount of funds he was being offered by the other two Land Area owners, he preferred to see the land go to me. It's possible that he was making this part up about the other interested parties to bait me into acting fast, but, it's already been confirmed here in this thread that apparently he was trying to sell OLA#21 several months before PM'ing me, so I do not doubt his claim

[*]Before we closed the deal I asked Chong what his plans were to handle his event. He mentioned he was considering giving an armor set to one of the participants. In my naivety, I assumed he would follow through and take care of you guys. I never imagined he would stiff anyone

[*]I paid for 100% of the sale price of OLA#21 with pure PEDs in game, through the trade window. Chong would have had all of the money on his PED card after the deal

[*]I have in no way involved myself in any sort of collusion to defraud Chong's event participants out of the taxes he owes them. His Entropia account and bank account are wholly separate from mine. We are in no way connected with each other outside of the game or this land deal. This was an in game, final trade between an interested seller and an interested buyer

[*]I submitted a support case to MA several weeks ago regarding this event, notifying MA of this situation involving Chong and his lack of communication about paying you guys a tax refund. Like all of you, I was notified that MA is aware of the situation but could not share details with me

I am not here to bad mouth Chong. I am here to present facts, and my side of the acquisition story. In my dealings with him over the past year or so, he has always struck me as an honest individual. I really believed he would announce the sale, contact you guys, and make things right. I'm surprised he hasn't done any of that yet. Although, as time goes on I am quickly losing hope he will. I recently heard from some of his friends that were on his friend's list for years, that he removed them. According to the in game friend center, he has not been online since the deal between us took place. For all intents and purposes, it would appear as if he's unplugged himself from Entropia for now.

My view differs with a few here that have expressed their belief that I am responsible for compensating people from his event. And, that's okay, we can see things differently, and we can disagree. I believe an event held by any Land Area owner and their participants is a social contract, held together by trust. That trust is between the participant and the owner. The owner receives a tax benefit from those grinding on their Land Areas, and in my mind is obligated to follow through on their end and make things right with their participants. If a Land Area owner breaks that trust, the success of their future events and personal reputation declines. EU is a tight knit community, and word travels fast. Apart from that, it's just plain the right thing to do.

I also believe Land Area events by default do not transfer in the sale of a land, nor the liability to compensate that event, unless explicitly stated and agreed to beforehand. If I had personally received any of the taxes from the people grinding his Land Area, you better believe I would be paying out the participants, as that's the right thing to do. I received 0 taxes from the participants here, all of the tax went to Chong. Chong and I had no such agreement for his event liability transfer.

Some of you have expressed a disinterest in competing in future events on OLA#21, I hear you, and I don't fault you, your frustration is legitimate. The situation of not knowing if Chong will ever compensate those here probably creates a pretty terrible feeling. I'm sorry guys. Please don't get the wrong idea, I'm not here to convince you otherwise or encourage you to join in on my events, that's not important. I just wanted to let you know that Chong was given PED, and he would have the means to make amends with you if he decided to do so. There wasn't any collusion between me and Chong to defraud anyone here, I'm honestly shocked Chong hasn't said anything to anyone in almost a month either in game or on here.

Hindsight is always 20/20 guys, and I'm telling you that if I knew Chong would disappear and not pay you all out your taxes, like I know now, I would not have made the deal I did with him. I'm sorry things have played out this way for you guys, I feel awful for those of you who had put time and effort and trust into Chong, and now you're left hanging. I wish it weren't so.

I genuinely hope MA will contact Chong, and strongly encourage him to make amends with his participants, and refund you guys for your efforts.

I was told he tried to sell it to Divinity like 5 months ago.

He did try and i had raised the matter of the event as well. His solution at that time was to pay out proportional peds to the participants as per the globals scored by them. I remember very well having named one specific person who i knew was fully devoted to the LA in terms of getting the globals and he had also assured that none of them would have a problem and it would all be taken care of.

I was the other person that he did try and sell the landarea to after he talked to Divinity.

He actually never told me about that compensation as that would have been a better one than the kinda winged one he told me.

[*]I was told there were two other current Land Area owners who Chong had been dealing with before PM'ing me, he said in December they had both verbally offered to buy OLA#21 for his asking price, but those other LA owners needed some time to gather funds. Chong told me he hadn't accepted either of their offers yet because he wanted to sell it sooner than they were able to get the funds together. He told me if I could provide him the same amount of funds he was being offered by the other two Land Area owners, he preferred to see the land go to me. It's possible that he was making this part up about the other interested parties to bait me into acting fast, but, it's already been confirmed here in this thread that apparently he was trying to sell OLA#21 several months before PM'ing me, so I do not doubt his claim

I dont know if Divinity actually made a offer but i know that mine was less than he wanted. I first off lowered it with 30k as the cost of changing name and a 5 year global message is that. Then i lowered the offer with another 10k i belive. So my offer would have been -40k peds with what he wanted if i remember correct. I did have those peds. I do not remember exactly what i wrote, did not have private chat log running at those times.
But i belive i wanted Chong to get a notice out about the sale in the post and get info out on compensating like he did with the other landarea he sold. see THIS link. After my lower offer on the area i never gave much thought about it. Seeing it was clearely to low for him the forum update was not needed for my sale. He never got back to me but i thought it was more about the lower bid than the need for information really.

What you must think of is that this is not the first time he have sold a LA with a active event on. And there was never a issue untill now. Chong is a player that is well known in the community. And this is the first (that i know of) time he has done anything like this.

What i do think is that MsPudding is a person that never thoguht this would happen. Probably the last time any of us are that trustworthy before a trade. This have made its mark for everyone.
As a player and a LA owner i see her as a trustworthy rival when it comes to events. She makes them good and fun for the players. More work than its needed to make the events better.

I do hope that Mindark does something about this so things like this are a thing in the past. But often both ingame and IRL a problem must happen before the work starts to prevent future things.

I was the other person that he did try and sell the landarea to after he talked to Divinity.

He actually never told me about that compensation as that would have been a better one than the kinda winged one he told me.

I dont know if Divinity actually made a offer but i know that mine was less than he wanted. I first off lowered it with 30k as the cost of changing name and a 5 year global message is that. Then i lowered the offer with another 10k i belive. So my offer would have been -40k peds with what he wanted if i remember correct. I did have those peds. I do not remember exactly what i wrote, did not have private chat log running at those times.
But i belive i wanted Chong to get a notice out about the sale in the post and get info out on compensating like he did with the other landarea he sold. see THIS link. After my lower offer on the area i never gave much thought about it. Seeing it was clearely to low for him the forum update was not needed for my sale. He never got back to me but i thought it was more about the lower bid than the need for information really.

What you must think of is that this is not the first time he have sold a LA with a active event on. And there was never a issue untill now. Chong is a player that is well known in the community. And this is the first (that i know of) time he has done anything like this.

What i do think is that MsPudding is a person that never thoguht this would happen. Probably the last time any of us are that trustworthy before a trade. This have made its mark for everyone.
As a player and a LA owner i see her as a trustworthy rival when it comes to events. She makes them good and fun for the players. More work than its needed to make the events better.

I do hope that Mindark does something about this so things like this are a thing in the past. But often both ingame and IRL a problem must happen before the work starts to prevent future things.

Thank you for corroborating the facts, Zip. This is just a sad situation for so many people that put trust in Chong's event... :( I did believe he would take care of the event participants. I've been really surprised he didn't handle this sale similar to the Songkra Valley sale that you posted, where he took care of his people supporting his event.

Hopefully MA reads this and contacts Chong. Here's hoping Chong speaks up soon, and makes amends with the people that grinded his event.

Last edited:
Seems Chong is online @ entropia universe discord just fyi :)

Back