Win Amethera Outback Land #21 Event

Not going to lie, I hadn't seen this thread since the event was active. Had no idea of the fallout.

That being said, the setup for this event was an obvious scam to be from day 1. Not sure how anyone trusted this...

That being said, the setup for this event was an obvious scam to be from day 1. Not sure how anyone trusted this...

In the past I think there have been successful events using a similar format to this event. Perhaps before you had joined the game. So would be interesting to hear how this was an obvious scam

In the past I think there have been successful events using a similar format to this event. Perhaps before you had joined the game. So would be interesting to hear how this was an obvious scam
The event has no true prize for participation and never has to truly end. Maybe the alarmist in me thought an event, which would need to run for approximately 8 years for completion at the rates seen early on, where you win a deed (no other guaranteed prize for any activity) which is readily tradeable (exactly what happened) is a bit weird. My honest first thoughts were 'this is a really weird way to go about selling an LA' because that is what the owners intentions are here. They planned to get rid of this LA, they set an amazingly high bar for themselves and when they saw the LA they clearly no longer intended to own, would never happen the way they intended to in any same amount of time, they sold it. Tbh I thought it would have been sold with more 'tickets' obtained but no one wants to hunt that much tax for a prize that the LA owner rightfully owns and can trade without consequence.

The event has no true prize for participation and never has to truly end. Maybe the alarmist in me thought an event, which would need to run for approximately 8 years for completion at the rates seen early on, where you win a deed (no other guaranteed prize for any activity) which is readily tradeable (exactly what happened) is a bit weird. My honest first thoughts were 'this is a really weird way to go about selling an LA' because that is what the owners intentions are here. They planned to get rid of this LA, they set an amazingly high bar for themselves and when they saw the LA they clearly no longer intended to own, would never happen the way they intended to in any same amount of time, they sold it. Tbh I thought it would have been sold with more 'tickets' obtained but no one wants to hunt that much tax for a prize that the LA owner rightfully owns and can trade without consequence.

When i planned my event for my future LA, i planned a similar version event, but ofc with differences, less globals to claim a ticket, possibility to buy ticket instead of only hunting to fasten up, mining included too, and choice for PED isntead of LA if winner not want it.
Than the scam of this event and the new rule about no more randomized winner selection made me change my mind about it.
That fucker was a scammer, not this type of event.

Back