Armors 2.0 - New Armor Professions

I like most of those ideas! Great job and thx for the effort!

I just have a question about the SIB on armors:

Do you envision the armors being basically unusable if you are not yet in the sib (same as weapons?). Or would they just have the lower protection with lower tt like unL armors?
Do you think the effect would be positive on the MU of armors, if the amount of players who can use them is diminished but they now have SIB?

Regards
Thark

What MindArk proposed was to introduce skill requirements to armors, and that if/when a player reaches an armor's skill requirement, that armor will now provide full protection, no matter what the remaining tt on it is. This is only applicable to UL armors. Everything else about armors would remain the same.

So as you can see, there is no downside from this change. No one will be punished for not having the skills because it will just be exactly the same as now.

2nd question about MU, what I have seen so far is that every time MA talks about this Armor change, there is an increase in UL armor popularity and sales. I'm hoping that with SIB on limited armors, we will also see an increase in popularity of some crafted armors, but we won't know until it happens.

Last edited:
In my opinion, you should forget what you propose ("armor 2.0"). Just let MA do what was promised, that will be enough for the vast majority of players. :wise:

In my opinion, you should forget what you propose ("armor 2.0"). Just let MA do what was promised

Mindark keeping promises?.... LOL

It may take 30 years to get it done, but we'll get it implemented in within 50 years for sure.

Mindark keeping promises?.... LOL

It may take 30 years to get it done, but we'll get it implemented in within 50 years for sure.

Yes in your opinion. But you can ask many new things or give many suggestions more, then your 50 years easily could be 5000 years more.

I guess, the easiest and best way to make all of these limited crafted armor sets relevant again so people would buy them would be to give them buffs. I think crafted items should have a leg up on looted items anyway. So here's a list of some of the crafted armors I'm talking about:

Calypso crafted (L) armors:
- Predator <--- used when upgrading Jaguar
- Orca
- Luna
- Sema
- Serum
- eMINE <--- enjoys some popularity
- Solir
- Infiltrator <--- enjoys some popularity
- Zombie <--- used when upgrading Vigi
- Ghost <--- enjoys some popularity/used when upgrading Angel
- Spectre
- Necromancer

Rocktropia crafted (L) armors:
- Grunt
- Disco
- Stealth
- Firewall mk1
- Firewall mk2
- Firewall mk3 <--- enjoys some popularity
- Spam
- Malware

Arkadia crafted (L) armors:
- Canis
- Corvus
- Musca
- Lupus <--- used when upgrading Viceroy
- Hydra
- Cetus
- Aquila
- Pegasus <--- already popular due to protection stats
- Perseus <--- already popular due to protection stats

As you can see, only the top armors in their categories enjoy any popularity at all, e.g. Pegasus for ranged mobs, Firewall mk3 for electric mobs, Perseus for everything else.

I applaud the creative alternate use of crafted Zombie (L), Ghost (L) and Lupus (L) in the upgrade process of unlimited armors, that does help a bit in making those a bit more relevant, for a while, but most of these other armors above are not even crafted anymore because no one buys them since they are too easily out-shined by one or more of the available looted armors. Take for example crafted Stealth (L) armor from RT, looted Martial (L) on Calypso and Monria has the exact same protection values and TT values as crafted Stealth, and as if this wasn't enough, there is also a looted Stealth (L) armor, which looks very similar but is grey instead of white. There is no way to make sense of crafting Stealth (L) given that there are these 2 other options available that are guaranteed to be cheaper, and which will perform in exactly the same way...

If we want people to start crafting some of these armors again, they will need to have a leg up on the alternative, i.e. the looted version. For example, all of these armors above could be given a buff, which the looted version would not have. Or, the crafted armors could be the only armors in the game that have a Skill Increase Bonus, which should help to make them more valuable and more interesting to use then the looted ones.

Legends

Last edited:
Armors 2.0 - the missing update...

Anytime now MA please! You promised us changes to UL Armors almost 3 years ago now, that's a really long time!

lookin at yur list here I thought id mention.. predator is used for upgrading jaguar to adj jag.

Bump - still relevant..

4 years later...
Started this one in 2011:

Then continued in 2015:

Your thread reminded me to bump it :)

Back