PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    Marauder Angel O2 Mercer's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Avatar
    Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    5,864
    Images
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again why did MA remove the Health bars? It is obviously not because of Botters as then the F... Key solution is every Botters dream.
    Because they didn't know how to fix them, so they just removed them. [source]

    Meanwhile known botters roam free in the game. Botting is even easier with the new system, just spam "F" and little more.

    It's mind blowing that these players didn't get a permanent ban. Apparently, in the eyes of MA, everyone is equal but some people are more "equal" than others.

  2. #32
    Guardian
    Joined
    Aug 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Felix Zell Shallow
    Society
    Entropia Market
    Posts
    229
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    4
    https://youtu.be/TxGNPnOGDTo

    I think the people who say, someone broke it and don't know how to fix feels the most accurate.

    And as for the debate about it being because of botters, major failed argument over the fact F key does everything for you now.... who needs a bot now when one of them pecking bird water balance toys could do the job... like that episode of the Simpsons when homer works from home hitting Y for yes all day.

    Like I said before, i know the code is still in the game, in teams, and the code for making action library buttons in the game... and even a script kiddie knows how to copy paste and slightly tweaking the code for their needs.

    Something that has been major part of the interface in entropia for years, a unique niche in game interaction, will not go quietly into the night.

    I also was wondering, how many anti patterns exist in a game that has lasted this long, and wondering if this is the main reason for the updates has had so many breaks, more than usual recently, new coders trying and fix older coders bad coding methods maybe?

    I think it's wise knowledge for every programmer should know, how to avoid anti patterns when programming.


    Also on a side note, i still hate waiting for everyone else apart from the person I want to trade to load, to simply trade with the person I want, make it so we can trade not yet loaded avatars again. We don't want a the new fancy cam to go "null" and cancel the trade because it don't know where to put the cam.... gah more bloody anti patterns...
    Last edited by zelldot; 04-28-2019 at 11:07.

    For News, Guides, And Events!
    http://www.entropiazine.com/

  3. #33
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,530
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So no health bar used by this botter.
    Enlighten us how did you end up with that conclusion?

  4. #34
    Guardian
    Joined
    Aug 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Felix Zell Shallow
    Society
    Entropia Market
    Posts
    229
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because they didn't know how to fix them, so they just removed them. [source]

    Meanwhile known botters roam free in the game. Botting is even easier with the new system, just spam "F" and little more.

    It's mind blowing that these players didn't get a permanent ban. Apparently, in the eyes of MA, everyone is equal but some people are more "equal" than others.
    This disheartened me alot... but im still going to keep whispering "health bars" into MindArks ear...

    A streamline interface? Sounds like the rest of the game industry currently... not unique... boring... no variation... no colour or flavour... one size fits all...

    Sreamline? Every few update a hotfix is needed, not very streamline... put it like this, I'm glad I only had 1 sticky note open the other days... feels sorry for everyone with a screen full of notes.

    I said right from the start: Why update the interface? The community never complained about the interface, maybe some chat problems at most... People are asking for game play... So why the interface?

    Does MA know it's running a game? Look MA we all know that you know you are running a bank, but do you know that your fancy banking software is a game? It take more than a general user interface update to make people happy.

    The user interface makes or breaks a computer game, it is how your users senses and interacts with the world that is created.

    Start screwing with how people interact with the world and taking away things that have been around for years, and you basically push people away, many of my friends have stopped playing... this is not a going to happen... it has happened.

    It is the simple little things that makes a game a bit more than a bit of software processing numbers. Creating a game is an form of art...even the interface.

    For News, Guides, And Events!
    http://www.entropiazine.com/

  5. #35
    Stalker Raffaele Meiers's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Posts
    2,160
    Images
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enlighten us how did you end up with that conclusion?
    Because it is much more difficult to code the mouse movements to hover over the mob and then drag out health bar when you can now simply use the F key to do that.

    And before the F key we had a working feature called select next target or select previous target which where 1000 times easier to use than to code a algorithm to find mobs on the screen move the mouse there and drag/drop the health bar from that mob.

    Do you think a botter codes such a difficult thing when he can use select next target and start shooting or after VU 16 he only need to use F key for the botting.

    So I ask you to enlighten us what is the USP of health bars for botters that they made the decision to make this huge commitment to code the OCR of mobs to hunt them automatic when they could use a simple keystroke to do the same?
    Dont hunt/mine on taxed LA's it will hurt you in the long run.

  6. #36
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,530
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it is much more difficult to code the mouse movements to hover over the mob and then drag out health bar when you can now simply use the F key to do that.
    Oh there you go.So you've used logic.So just because YOU think that pressing F now its easier than before you say that the botters in the videos doesn't have a third party software running that drag hp bars and execute actions while being gone from their computers (very explicit proof in all those videos)
    Botting might be easier now, I don't know but that doesn't mean the health bars were good and you have tons of bots on youtube to prove you wrong.
    I am not even counting hp bars in pvp and the whole chain of events that can start from that.

  7. #37
    Stalker Raffaele Meiers's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Posts
    2,160
    Images
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh there you go.So you've used logic.So just because YOU think that pressing F now its easier than before you say that the botters in the videos doesn't have a third party software running that drag hp bars and execute actions while being gone from their computers (very explicit proof in all those videos)
    Botting might be easier now, I don't know but that doesn't mean the health bars were good and you have tons of bots on youtube to prove you wrong.
    I am not even counting hp bars in pvp and the whole chain of events that can start from that.
    Your prove for Health bars beeing used by botters is that there are botters - don't you think this is not an argument but a possibility? Did you ever hear that when there is a easy way why should I use the longer more difficult way?
    A botter wants to get to uber state or gain money the easy way and you say now they use the difficult way to reach their target? Think about it and then you will see that this is not the reason to remove the health bars. There are other reasons some wants this health bars removed and you know it. It is a very very small part of the people who uses this service and they do not deposit.


    So you seriously say that a botter spends hours on OCR to recognize that is a mob and then uses mouse to drag out health bar when he can program in 5 minutes a function which uses select next target or now the F key?

    If the botter would like to work he would not use a bot but would work.

    The reason to use a bot is to be able to run the avatar while he does something else so why should he waist many hours to program the recognition of all the different mobs when he can do it in no time using the F key or previously the select next target?

    Please tell me why.

    PS: I did never ever say there are not botters but I think very strongly that a botter will use the easiest way to get what he wants and not spend hours to program something he can do in 5 minutes.

    And in your youtube videos is no prove that they used a health bar to do it.

    PPS:

    What I know is that f.x. pirates use the next seat cheat to not be displayed as red triangle in space. Now with select next target gone you nearly can't find them when they are hiding behind some ship/spacestatation. So with select next target fucked up and health bars gone you can't find the pirates so easy as pre VU 16 and that is the reason that some have convinced MA to remove the Health bars but they, MA, never ever will confirm this to the community.
    Last edited by Raffaele Meiers; 05-02-2019 at 06:32.
    Dont hunt/mine on taxed LA's it will hurt you in the long run.

  8. #38
    Stalker Raffaele Meiers's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Posts
    2,160
    Images
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh there you go.So you've used logic.So just because YOU think that pressing F now its easier than before you say that the botters in the videos doesn't have a third party software running that drag hp bars and execute actions while being gone from their computers (very explicit proof in all those videos)
    Botting might be easier now, I don't know but that doesn't mean the health bars were good and you have tons of bots on youtube to prove you wrong.
    I am not even counting hp bars in pvp and the whole chain of events that can start from that.
    PS: Where is your prove that they use health bars to bot? As the Videos are shot not by the boters you cant see if they use health bars or whatever feature.

    I at least used logic to prove my point. Where is your prove they used health bars to kill mobs?
    And secondly do you suggest every boter in EU uses the same script to bot their avatar?
    Dont hunt/mine on taxed LA's it will hurt you in the long run.

  9. #39
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,530
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your prove for Health bars beeing used by botters is that there are botters - don't you think this is not an argument but a possibility?
    That's not even an argument, that's a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    A botter wants to get to uber state or gain money the easy way and you say now they use the difficult way to reach their target? Think about it and then you will see that this is not the reason to remove the health bars. There are other reasons some wants this health bars removed and you know it. It is a very very small part of the people who uses this service and they do not deposit.
    I don't give a single fuck what a bot wants and I will not open any discussion about the philosophy behind reason and need.It should not exist and Mindark should acknoledge this problem and fix it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason to use a bot is to be able to run the avatar while he does something else so why should he waist many hours to program the recognition of all the different mobs when he can do it in no time using the F key or previously the select next target?

    Please tell me why.
    There are many reasons to use a bot and all the reasons in the world for Mindark to fix it period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PS: I did never ever say there are not botters but I think very strongly that a botter will use the easiest way to get what he wants and not spend hours to program something he can do in 5 minutes.

    And in your youtube videos is no prove that they used a health bar to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PS: Where is your prove that they use health bars to bot? As the Videos are shot not by the boters you cant see if they use health bars or whatever feature.

    I at least used logic to prove my point. Where is your prove they used health bars to kill mobs?
    And secondly do you suggest every boter in EU uses the same script to bot their avatar?
    Ok lets start with the idea that there are many software developers in this world playing this game.It randomly happens for me to know some of them and their product but not enough proof for me to present you right now
    Try read some : https://dunciss.wixsite.com/sokolade...-botting-in-EU

    Ok now lets move to some facts.

    If you ask me the most notorious website that provide bots to EU is : Entropiaraider - use google and read.

    "What is Entropia Raider?
    Entropia Raider is a powerful macro engine which automates input to the game. It controls users mouse and keyboard, saving the hassle of endless manual repetitive clicking, allowing you to safely enjoy Entropia Universe without having to go through the countless, tireless hours of developing your characters or spending money.

    Entropia Raider has been trusted by hundreds of players worldwide to skill up their characters, complete challenges and earn PED effortlessly.

    Now it's your turn."

    "Botting time:
    Hours: 66940.04
    Days: 2789.17

    Total members: 1094

    "

    From the F.A.Q

    "Is your bot undetectable?"

    "I firmly believe that my bot is as undetectable as undetectable can be!
    There is no for-sure undetectable bot client out, but with each update it is getting as close as it can to that.
    Not a single ban has been reported since the public beta release in August 2014."


    Now lets move to the proof that health bars are needed for boting but not mandatory

    Video

    Proof on keybindings :

    Keybind 2 = show status bar
    Keybind 4 = loot but obviously being used on keybind 2 since the purpose to have loot and right click on the animal's body is not possible and it makes no sense to bind it unless you macro to another show health bar status bindkey.


    I hope you have enough to read in the next 48 hours.Next time you reply to me make sure you say that you already reported those avatars in question.
    Last edited by messi91; 05-03-2019 at 14:57.

  10. #40
    Prowler Starkiller's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Portugal
    Avatar
    Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
    Society
    Project-Asylum Corp.
    Posts
    1,448
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not even an argument, that's a fact.



    I don't give a single fuck what a bot wants and I will not open any discussion about the philosophy behind reason and need.It should not exist and Mindark should acknoledge this problem and fix it.



    There are many reasons to use a bot and all the reasons in the world for Mindark to fix it period.




    Ok lets start with the idea that there are many software developers in this world playing this game.It randomly happens for me to know some of them and their product but not enough proof for me to present you right now
    Try read some : https://dunciss.wixsite.com/sokolade...-botting-in-EU

    Ok now lets move to some facts.

    If you ask me the most notorious website that provide bots to EU is : Entropiaraider - use google and read.

    "What is Entropia Raider?
    Entropia Raider is a powerful macro engine which automates input to the game. It controls users mouse and keyboard, saving the hassle of endless manual repetitive clicking, allowing you to safely enjoy Entropia Universe without having to go through the countless, tireless hours of developing your characters or spending money.

    Entropia Raider has been trusted by hundreds of players worldwide to skill up their characters, complete challenges and earn PED effortlessly.

    Now it's your turn."

    "Botting time:
    Hours: 66940.04
    Days: 2789.17

    Total members: 1094

    "

    From the F.A.Q

    "Is your bot undetectable?"

    "I firmly believe that my bot is as undetectable as undetectable can be!
    There is no for-sure undetectable bot client out, but with each update it is getting as close as it can to that.
    Not a single ban has been reported since the public beta release in August 2014."


    Now lets move to the proof that health bars are needed for boting but not mandatory

    Video

    Proof on keybindings :

    Keybind 2 = show status bar
    Keybind 4 = loot but obviously being used on keybind 2 since the purpose to have loot and right click on the animal's body is not possible and it makes no sense to bind it unless you macro to another show health bar status bindkey.


    I hope you have enough to read in the next 48 hours.Next time you reply to me make sure you say that you already reported those avatars in question.
    Messi is the man. Get em!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook