Entropia Universe 16.3.0 Release Notes

when will u fix so u can spend ur platinum tokens?

Introduced a new Company Shares System where players will be able to buy, sell, and manage shares of companies which control land areas in the future.

We have a lot of discussions being held Company Shares System. It would be great if some official details regarding the same can be shared by TEAM.

All we can currently see are these ingame

Last edited:
I tested Cat 7 and Cat 10. Actual returns (ignoring useless Robot Data units) and returns are 70% to 75%. I've done 5 runs each and same dismal returns.

anyone else getting randomly kicked from crafting sessions? why am i getting random kick from crafting session? is it because we don't have a bot but you want us to? why would you want us to bot your game? is it gonna be so unplayable that only bots will be able to "play"?

losing mouse clicks do you even get this? is this because i am an alien visitor to this planet and only i am annoyed by being unable to click and drag the screen to turn my avatar. are you hoping the people that lost the functionality they need will just shut up and go away?

am i being abrasive? annoying? demanding? whiney? sour? angry? all of the above? can you unjilt me even?

anyone else getting randomly kicked from crafting sessions? why am i getting random kick from crafting session? is it because we don't have a bot but you want us to? why would you want us to bot your game? is it gonna be so unplayable that only bots will be able to "play"?

losing mouse clicks do you even get this? is this because i am an alien visitor to this planet and only i am annoyed by being unable to click and drag the screen to turn my avatar. are you hoping the people that lost the functionality they need will just shut up and go away?

am i being abrasive? annoying? demanding? whiney? sour? angry? all of the above? can you unjilt me even?

Hey, could you give some more details? We have gotten a small number of reports of people having their crafting window close unexpectedly I believe, but it's been difficult to reproduce.

Hey, could you give some more details? We have gotten a small number of reports of people having their crafting window close unexpectedly I believe, but it's been difficult to reproduce.

Before recent updates I could set my avatar to conduct 8000 clicks (about as many as it took to complete an average work day), and my avatar would remain logged on until the completion of the clicks. Now it appears that it disconnects due to inactivity (as if I were standing still doing nothing in any location on Entropia) after an unknown period of time (I haven't stayed long enough to see how long it takes). I am not positive this is what Aloisius is describing, but it seems likely.

ty for reply for sure. ya i been trying to reproduce it. it seems to me to be related to moving too far away (though i'm not). it might be possible that someone pushed me out to the distance but i've never noticed that happen. or bumped into me to cause disconnect. and yes, cpt jack, exactly this issue.

on the other account it appears the right mouse grabbing on the screen to turn my avatar is working again. and my unjilting meter is wiggly. :)

Last edited:
Before recent updates I could set my avatar to conduct 8000 clicks (about as many as it took to complete an average work day), and my avatar would remain logged on until the completion of the clicks. Now it appears that it disconnects due to inactivity (as if I were standing still doing nothing in any location on Entropia) after an unknown period of time (I haven't stayed long enough to see how long it takes). I am not positive this is what Aloisius is describing, but it seems likely.

What are you doing 8,000 clicks of out of curiosity?

LOL too short

*gentle whisper* health bars~

My experience for several months now has been auto-logoff while crafting, somewhere around 400 clicks in. It doesn't happen if I keep chattering in Rookie but if I actually walk away from the keyboard and do something, I get logged off.

It appears that MA is watching this thread so I submit the small HOF since they said they fixed the swirllies :) Just a side note, I hunt in third person.

At least before they did not zoom in right behind me, the camera was just a little funky was all. Not a big thing just thought they might like to know. I did like the old way where the camera was right above when the shot was taken and didn't matter what person you were using when hunting. BTW I don't put this high on the fix list, more of a FYI.

Thanks MA for the help and keep up the good work.

It appears that MA is watching this thread so I submit the small HOF since they said they fixed the swirllies :) Just a side note, I hunt in third person.

At least before they did not zoom in right behind me, the camera was just a little funky was all. Not a big thing just thought they might like to know. I did like the old way where the camera was right above when the shot was taken and didn't matter what person you were using when hunting. BTW I don't put this high on the fix list, more of a FYI.

Thanks MA for the help and keep up the good work.

Hey, I'm unsure I understand what you mean, could you provide more info or better describe the issue you experienced?

Hey, I'm unsure I understand what you mean, could you provide more info or better describe the issue you experienced?
Here is what global looks like today:

This is what they looked like before all the new updates:

And this is what a HOF looked like:

Like I said this still not high on the list IMO just thought you might like to know.

Last edited:
I'm not experiencing or able to reproduce the first person global you're showing in that screenshot in our test environments, I get zoomed out a certain distance upon receiving a global/hof.

I believe you've mistakenly turned off the "Let Effects Change Camera" setting in Options - Camera which is turned on by default.

I'm not experiencing or able to reproduce the first person global you're showing in that screenshot in our test environments, I get zoomed out a certain distance upon receiving a global/hof.

I believe you've mistakenly turned off the "Let Effects Change Camera" setting in Options - Camera which is turned on by default.

Interesting, I just checked it out and it is turned on, the box is checked. You were zoomed all the way out in your test. I will check out the date on the first one where that happened. I do not see anyone else with this problem and that makes me wonder, is there anything else that needs to checked or unchecked under options ?

It happened to me yesterday afternoon, crafting Fine Leather Texture at Fort Fury. I was afk so not exactly sure what happened, but it was approximately halfway through what should have been a 500 click run.

Interesting, I just checked it out and it is turned on, the box is checked. You were zoomed all the way out in your test. I will check out the date on the first one where that happened. I do not see anyone else with this problem and that makes me wonder, is there anything else that needs to checked or unchecked under options ?

I wasn't, I tested it at all sorts of zoom levels and with various option configurations as well and have not been able to reproduce the issue. If you experience it again and would like to share your settings after it happens, though, that would be appreciated.

It happened to me yesterday afternoon, crafting Fine Leather Texture at Fort Fury. I was afk so not exactly sure what happened, but it was approximately halfway through what should have been a 500 click run.

Thanks for the info.

had the same happen when i craft .. seems when some die and come to a revive close to the craft machine you use will make the machine close mid session.. happened last 3 days now for my part atleast

had the same happen when i craft .. seems when some die and come to a revive close to the craft machine you use will make the machine close mid session.. happened last 3 days now for my part atleast

Thanks for the feedback, I actually just this morning identified the issue as well with the help of a player support ticket, it should be fixed soon hopefully :)

Since the new camera system, the terminal closes when you move away. perhaps people are getting bumped out of range near crowded terminals ?

Thanks for the feedback, I actually just this morning identified the issue as well with the help of a player support ticket, it should be fixed soon hopefully :)

You get kicked for just standing still after a while as well (assuming you don't move anything in-game or click any key).

great you got that one!! got a new one now.

sound. there should be no need for relog when changing the ouput. i have 4 options and my oculus rift also has speakers which go on accidentally often. the EU sound is not using microsoft services for sound, obviously, or i would not need to relog to get my sound working.

im using a bose bluetooth and often forget to turn it on when i log in the game. seriously, i should be able to just ignore that and have sound whether it turn it on before or after but, i have to turn on speaker before login no exceptions and can't change output during the session.

might not be an easy fix, but dumping all that sound code off on MS, which youre voluntarily dependant on anyways, would go a long way to defeating the spaghetti monster.

btw, did i mention i hate microsoft? not going to ask for a linux native version though. at least not atm:)

I wasn't, I tested it at all sorts of zoom levels and with various option configurations as well and have not been able to reproduce the issue. If you experience it again and would like to share your settings after it happens, though, that would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info.

It did happen again yesterday with the setting off and the day before with the setting on (Let effects change camera settings) . Do you want all of my setting or just the camera page ?

might not be an easy fix, but dumping all that sound code off on MS, which youre voluntarily dependant on anyways, would go a long way to defeating the spaghetti monster.

btw, did i mention i hate microsoft? not going to ask for a linux native version though. at least not atm:)

Obviously they are using DS for audio (it's part of the engine btw, they didn't write the audio subsystem). All they need to do is respond to the event notification for device change (IMMNotification::OnDefaultDeviceChanged), but since it's the engine itself that interfaces with DS and provides an abstraction to the consumer then it's contingent on CryEngine bubbling the event, which I'm not sure if it does.

BTW in your Rift config you can have it switch your default device back to your main when you close the app.

great you got that one!! got a new one now.

sound. there should be no need for relog when changing the ouput. i have 4 options and my oculus rift also has speakers which go on accidentally often. the EU sound is not using microsoft services for sound, obviously, or i would not need to relog to get my sound working.

I agree and I'm actually looking to push for a fix/feature for that as well currently.

You get kicked for just standing still after a while as well (assuming you don't move anything in-game or click any key).

I left many many different avatars crafting in the test server while standing still for like 70 hours straight without any of them being kicked (yes they do follow the normal rules for being/not being kicked), so I don't think this is an issue unless there's an aspect of it that I'm missing, more details could be helpful.

Back