Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt it for a simple reason, we players are paying for this, and we will continue to pay every penny Deathifier will get from all this.

Mindark's people aren't dumb, and they can anticipate things.
    They obviously foresaw the fact that they could lose this trial, or settle out of court, which would cost them a lot of money anyway.

That's why I said in another post, that the bad returns ingame are maybe related to this story.

As far as I know, MA has never won the lottery, their only source of income comes directly from the players' money.

So everything that Deathifier has undertaken with this story is, in the end, much more detrimental to the players than to MA.

Even when he started to leave all those lands abandoned, people thought it was to "annoy" Mindark, but it was probably advised to him by his lawyers, and the only people who were annoyed by it were us players.

So again, whatever happens, we the players are the ones who pay and will pay Deathifier.

So thank you, Deathifier.
    I find it incredulous that people would play this game, if they thought MA would lower players returns just to pay for a court battle.

I know i wouldn't. (Meaning I don't believe MA are stupid and/or desperate enough to do this)

Rgds

Ace
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flyster View Post
    I find it incredulous that people would play this game, if they thought MA would lower players returns just to pay for a court battle.

I know i wouldn't. (Meaning I don't believe MA are stupid and/or desperate enough to do this)

Rgds

Ace
    OK I don't know everything, I probably missed a part of the problem here..

So please help me understand by answering this simple question:

Where does MA's money come from ?

If MA anticipate, they need to put some money in reserve.
    I thought their money comes from us players, but again I probably miss something here, so please tell me.

All I said is that whatever happens, if MA have to pay something to Deathifier they'll do it whith our money.
    You said it's wrong, so tell me where's the money comes from.

Now, all of this is of course just supposition, but if what I know about the story is true, then I doubt very much that MA could lose a lawsuit.

Assuming of course that justice does its job properly, which is not certain since the justice of men is very fallible.

And unless there are important things we don't know about this story, which is quite possible, I think Deathifier is going to lose everything.

Simply because I really doubt that MA did anything illegal.

The worst thing that could happen (especially for us players) would be if both parties decide to settle out of court.

But maybe I'm naive on this point, time will tell...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    Simply because I really doubt that MA did anything illegal ...
    i'm pretty sure too!

MindArk_Office_Raid_by_70_Marshals_Demanded_by_Mic rosoft

“MindArk is prepared to sue Microsoft and the other companies for damages caused by their action. Proceedings from this process, which will certainly reach a substantial number of millions of United States Dollars, will be placed in the virtual universe of Project Entropia as a number of gigantic treasures that anyone entering the Universe of Project Entropia may find and grab.“

Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
    Society
    (Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    i'm pretty sure too!

“MindArk is prepared to sue Microsoft and the other companies for damages caused by their action.

OMG!

Thats one Helluva!

For Mr.

Proceedings from this process, which will certainly reach a substantial number of millions of United States Dollars, will be placed in the virtual universe of Project Entropia as a number of gigantic treasures that anyone entering the Universe of Project Entropia may find and grab.“
    I smell Lucky Lacktating Noobs in our near future.
    Last edited by Spacejanitor; 02-07-2020 at 18:52.

Isle of Troy Plot #5 & Southern Ithaca Plot #14
    Nea's Place TP & Sanctuary Cove TP & Aakas Island Arkadia. Starfinder XIII & Firebird

Alpha
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Botek Robotek Jura
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    i'm pretty sure too!

“MindArk is prepared to sue Microsoft and the other companies for damages caused by their action. Proceedings from this process, which will certainly reach a substantial number of millions of United States Dollars, will be placed in the virtual universe of Project Entropia as a number of gigantic treasures that anyone entering the Universe of Project Entropia may find and grab.“

Hi!
    This news was still going on in 2005... now I see It started in 2002. And that`s why I created an account in 2005..lol

On the subject of Deathifier, I think he is a decent fella, exchanged some emails with him back in the days. I was a regular visitor on his lands. I wish this shit didn`t start at all. I also think that the egg and the feffox was the spark that started this. I might be wrong...lol Sad, If you think about It, the greed with a pinch of dissapointment starts wars.

And this is dragging for far too long, but thats how It is when the court(s) are involved, European ones... If this was in US It would have finalized already. Add to that the fact that Deathifier is Australian there is additional complications of overseas trials I guess.

Cheers,
    Robo

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    is it offtopic to ask about neverguy here?

because actually i've heard even less from him than from deathifier ... and i think 2020 is the year when his POVR obscenity finally descends into VR oblivion, isn't it?

Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5