What happened to Darkaruki i.e Quote|Mindark?

Status
I am kind of greatful the thread was able to run its course because it has allowed a degree of transparency, revealed nothing sinister on MA's part and has allowed you guys to get your thoughts off your chest.

You know very well this type of revelation would usually be silenced and swept under the carpet very quickly.

Enjoy your hunting, crafting and general gambling people :)

wanted to type stuff but dont want to start riot....

i just hope for the guy that M.A. gets him proffesional help. ( i dont mean jailtime )

Last edited:
Alright, if this is the sad truth then it's the way it is. And this forum not the right place to discuss such matters further. But this closure was importatnt nonetheless, so thanks.

I am very disappointed to find out I was right in my initial suspicion that this kid didn't even have a degree, or relevant experience with game development other than having a bunch of followers and a social media presence. While not terribly surprised, you would hope MA would look to hire more qualified people, and vet them a little better before bringing them to Sweden.

MA needs ppl with a degree on gaming not a bunch of farts with degree on development that give 100 clicks worth of some 200k peds instead of 1 click and understand nothing about the experience of actually playing their own product.

Okay I think it is time to close this thread. As a mod on Discord we wanted to try keep this out of the public but as I have said to many others, this is something that isn't hard to keep covered up for long as he did have a big following.

I have contact live support and requested this thread be closed, not sure if deleted yet, that will be down to them to decide.

It is honestly a sad day as we lost a very very active and supportive member of the EU fan base and we had a great opportunity to make the changes within the game.

Time to move on, heal and recover.

P.S I am not in anyway defending Dark in what he has done. As a father of 4, I believe this is disgraceful and disgusting. But also I know it this world anything can be fake. Fuck, we had someone pretending to be a mod on our discord trying to scam people. But with his social media blackout and deletion, it seems to be a truthful case.

Thanks to people at E.P. the conversations posted publicly by juni (the last attempted victim),
and the conversations of 2 other previously attempted victims have been eye opening.

I strongly disagree with the sentiment to sweep things under the rug and forget about things like this.
This should not be buried and hidden away!
It should be shown to teenage boys and girls so they know what unwanted attention and predatory behavior looks like so that kind of thing doesn't keep going on for months and they know when to tell someone, anyone, or to just go public like juni finally and Bravely had to do just to get him to stop.

As for Darkaruki, hope he seeks and gets physiological help.
If he returns to Canada I'm sure simply asking his doctor to recommend a psychiatrist would be the first step.

Thanks to people at E.P. the conversations posted publicly by juni (the last attempted victim),
and the conversations of 2 other previously attempted victims have been eye opening.

I strongly disagree with the sentiment to sweep things under the rug and forget about things like this.
This should not be buried and hidden away!
It should be shown to teenage boys and girls so they know what unwanted attention and predatory behavior looks like so that kind of thing doesn't keep going on for months and they know when to tell someone, anyone, or to just go public like juni finally and Bravely had to do just to get him to stop.

As for Darkaruki, hope he seeks and gets physiological help.
If he returns to Canada I'm sure simply asking his doctor to recommend a psychiatrist would be the first step.

I agree, it will be good not to close the post. it is possible that this kind of thing happens or happened in the EU. it is a real problem that malicious people likely to attract minors in a real economy game, this subject should not be so easily ignored.

Close it, everything is happen, it gives nothing to say more. Great work MA :wise:

This thread has run its course.

As some of the comments are starting to bump up against the forum rules:
  • 3.2 - Off Topic
  • 3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
  • 2.5 - Personal Information
  • 2.2 - Insults/Flaming
  • and others

the thread will be closed.

:locked:

Status
Back