Entropia Universe 16.3.2 Release Notes

Before I click the client loader is this C++ issue, effecting newer 64 bit computers?

It is just older kit?

Thanks

Rick

I had no issues, my pc old and nothing special under the hood. ;)

• Entropia Universe platform upgrade

Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release.
Originally Posted Here

Why does this have to be so? Isn't that what QA people are for? If you have the attitude that it is normal for issues to arise then you will never put in place systems to stop these issues occuring in the future. Should be a zero tollerance on issues after release. If an issue does occur there needs to be a complete investigation and implementation of new safe guards against it. Imagine if google crashed after every new update.

Dear MA,

Please google QA and PR and learn the concepts then hire one experienced person for each of these roles. Trust me you will thank me 5 years from now.

That is all,
matthew :p

For me it worked to uninstall Microsoft C++ Redistr. 2017 AND the game, I just had to reinstall the game then.

Totally blew out my install

Well this update flushed my install down the toilet, having to do a full reinstall, not happy but Stuff happens.
I will let you know if I actually get back in game later.

Trying to make a positive out of a negative :D

Well at least it means I can trawl You tube for some Sci Fi I haven't had time to watch as I have time now :p

same problem with api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
i uninstall vcredsit but still cant launch the loader :( it can find msvcp140.dll
rrrr :(

For me it worked to uninstall Microsoft C++ Redistr. 2017 AND the game, I just had to reinstall the game then.

This fixed it for both our computers at home! :yay:

nice update...

after manual un-installation of c++ 2017 finally I've been able to update EU. Of course I needed to reinstall Nvidia drivers and this is the result:

entropia_2019-05-28_21.08.56_825273_thumb.jpg

Nice Job!

after manual un-installation of c++ 2017 finally I've been able to update EU. Of course I needed to reinstall Nvidia drivers and this is the result:

entropia_2019-05-28_21.08.56_825273_thumb.jpg

Nice Job!

Looks indeed like a platform game update:laugh:

Didn't have trouble with vc redists, although i oddly lack 2015.

Ok..Win7 here ..64 bit.....i de-installed the C++2015 redist ,and then started the loader again...it installed the same C++2015 version again and also then it stops at 95%..

Eddie

Windows 7 64 Bit.

No issues with Visual C++ patch / installation encountered.

I think I see the pattern - it doesn't work on 32-bit versions of windows. I can sense a patch coming soon ... assuming this is the case of course!

Edit: Nope ... I'm wrong. There's someone with a 64-bit version who is also having trouble

64 bit here a had a ton of issues. finally got it working. it simply did NOT want anything to do with C++ 2017. I had to put 2015 in an all is well now

I think I see the pattern - it doesn't work on 32-bit versions of windows. I can sense a patch coming soon ... assuming this is the case of course!

Edit: Nope ... I'm wrong. There's someone with a 64-bit version who is also having trouble

Sorry to say I am having issues and running a 64bit OS as well, I have literally now scrubbed all EU data and ALL VC ++ on my machine and am reinstalling, in the nooby hope that the install will pull down all it needs, now I watch and wait/

I dont have any Visual C++ libraries after 2015 if that helps anyone.

Nuke em at your own risk.

I dont have any Visual C++ libraries after 2015 if that helps anyone.

Nuke em at your own risk.

ya i'd like to blame MA for this but it does look like shitty redistribution and code from MS.

my win10 installed after 2 fails. but win7 (both 64) won't . and i can't be assed atm.

Why does this have to be so? Isn't that what QA people are for? If you have the attitude that it is normal for issues to arise then you will never put in place systems to stop these issues occuring in the future. Should be a zero tollerance on issues after release. If an issue does occur there needs to be a complete investigation and implementation of new safe guards against it. Imagine if google crashed after every new update.

Dear MA,

Please google QA and PR and learn the concepts then hire one experienced person for each of these roles. Trust me you will thank me 5 years from now.

That is all,
matthew :p

we will thank them too. i think the business model might need revamp

Last edited:
When I try to log in into my account I'm stuck at "loading...". Anyone with the same problem? What can I do? :eyecrazy:

When I try to log in into my account I'm stuck at "loading...". Anyone with the same problem? What can I do? :eyecrazy:

Yes same problem here

So the reinstall continues but with the added quirk that the Client Loader falls over after each planets data ends, I am getting mildly irked now

Just stuck at loading screen after i put in my gold card number. starting to get very mad. :mad:

So, besides breaking the game and lowering our CP shares revenues, what was supposed to be this update about?
Patch notes are not really clear.

So, besides breaking the game and lowering our CP shares revenues, what was supposed to be this update about?

Game works perfect and you can always pump your revenue on CP just by hunting there you and your friends.
Oh wait , you don't hunt and expect peds from the sky right.

Summer is coming... :cool:

Updated on two different rigs, both running Windows 10.
Not a single issue.

Updated on two different rigs, both running Windows 10.
Not a single issue.

Hi Slarty..didt see ya long time...hope it all goes well..:))

And yes..problems seems to be on Win-Pc NOT having win10...

struggling with de-installing all VC redists and cleaning up old installs...but sadly no success yet...:eyecrazy:

Also installed all 2015 vc redists versions (32+64bit) RC3 from Microsoft...also no...

hope you guys can fix it soon...

Last edited:
anyone figure out what platform was upgraded/downgraded to what yet for sure?

no issues logging in, no issues with chats, loot has been amazing since half you guys dont know how to update your PCs properly :D

Woot. Ever since patch I get infinite loading screen. Already cleared shaders/cache... Did the "repair" by running the installer. Safe mode doesn't work. Reset settings thingy didn't help. Hopefully some random mini patch will come out and help me out :) I'm on Win 10 64bit.... Ribbit :tongue2:

Back