PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Guardian
    Deluxe Angel Flying
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    This is one of the reason why I'm here to skill and a long term goal for me is to participate in LA, pvp. I'm sure there is quite a few players that would come back for this one reason. Most players just login to do mayhem and that's is it. Put some effort into pvp and you will see a great playerbase back again.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeAngel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is one of the reason why I'm here to skill and a long term goal for me is to participate in LA, pvp. I'm sure there is quite a few players that would come back for this one reason. Most players just login to do mayhem and that's is it. Put some effort into pvp and you will see a great playerbase back again.
    Can you be specific? Because there currently are land grabs and PvP areas available, and MindArk has not shown a historical pattern of creativity.

Hatchling
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    amale suomipoika isildur
    Society
    SHOOT2LOOT
    Would appreciate if Oil rig pvp was vehicle free, ppl would have to run all the way to the oil field or use tp chip.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    In my opinion, PvP is a good oportunity in the game at first glance. However, when you start to understand Entropia, you see that EU is not really for PvP.
    It could do PvP, but it will always be secondary. To make it great, you would need features and smooth control. All those things are hard to develop. They are taxing for the company, and in the end for the playerbase, because all costs come from game cost in the end.

In my opinion, MA should just give up on the idea of having PVP. Disable it completely for few years. Have no pvp, lo landgrab, no nothing. Admit that you failed at doing this. Is fine. Failing is not bad. Focus on making the game better. Stop wasting energy and effort on something that is just not doable at this time at the quality provided by any other game.

When you can afford to invest a team dedicated to pvp content, with designers, programmers and an architect that understands the game and the economy, you can think about implementing PvP.

In truth, at this point, whatever change you come up with, will just hurt the game.

I am back in game after some years. The new controls just suck. The fact that we do not have the health bars anymore is a huge quality of life cost for most players. All that is for a system that is bad no matter how much effort you invest in it at this point.

Note that my point is not tha MA is not capable of making PVP great. I am sure it can. Any company can make any product with enough people and enough money. MA is great at many things. Lack of focus in an area will make it look like you have no idea what you are doing. This is a lot worse than not even trying to do it.

Remember that old saying.

Don't try. Do or don't do.

I am convinced that if you want to make it amazing, you can. But please, make other things amazing before you do that.
    When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Is just hard on the others.
    Same when you're stupid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3