Entropia Universe 16.4.0 Release Notes

Next Island got a massive 370 Mb download and the NI notes have just been posted on the NI Facebook page. I'll copy it here.

This is all awesome. NI is probably one of my favorite places to play in EU, with great music and areas/graphics. Sadly, even with this massive update there, you still cannot loot ANY. Repeat, ANY SINGLE ACTUAL 'ITEM'. Honestly, I had to stop hunting it because of the lack of any potential excitement which comes with item loots.

If they would just even add generic ESI, which is available everywhere else in EU, to NI, I'd go back.

Black login screen? Anyone else have this?

This is all awesome. NI is probably one of my favorite places to play in EU, with great music and areas/graphics. Sadly, even with this massive update there, you still cannot loot ANY. Repeat, ANY SINGLE ACTUAL 'ITEM'. Honestly, I had to stop hunting it because of the lack of any potential excitement which comes with item loots.

If they would just even add generic ESI, which is available everywhere else in EU, to NI, I'd go back.

They are adding single item drops now. There was a new armour part looted off a high level drake a while back but I've not seen any reports of more such finds. Though that might change with this update.

fully agree! i mean, how much RAM do you guys have in your PCs? 4 GB or even less? :lolup:

(PS: 4 GB both System + GPU RAM together)

Its not only the ram problem, 32 bit is much more slow as 64bit.

Next Island got a massive 370 Mb download and the NI notes have just been posted on the NI Facebook page. I'll copy it here.

VU 16.4.0 Next Island Development Notes:
15+ new quests.
3 new daily missions, with several new wavespawns.
2 new vehicles, including a new player account bound Strider available in an exploration quest obtained at the docks near Crystal Peak.
Many new structures as part of the redesign. The quests at the docks will lead you to most of these.
Planet terraforming has resulted in new waterways for eventual boat transport.
A new bog area for hunting death drakes has appeared in the north.
All new terminals.
All new teleports, one for each faction.
Adjustments have been made to the iron missions, some previous bugs are fixed now.
All new turrets.
All new televators.
Several creature spawns have been added, most notably a shark spawn at Resa Docks. Do not fall in without proper gear.
Several new mining zones have been added to the desert area in the northwest of the map, as a preempt to the mining redesign coming next VU.
Next Island specific ores/enmatters have been added into the mining zones.
General terrain and texture improvements.
General loot rebalancing and redesign.
Rhondonite has been reintroduced to the loot so that craftables utilizing this are usable again, per player request.
Brown papoo spawn has been added, per player request.
Low maturity chimera spawn has been added, per player request. Both of these spawns are near the main Loyalist areas.

Wait, wut? Mining redesign? .... Oooooo

Not much in this in an obvious multi part update to be upset at... Besides my bosses told me that it will all be okay...

And for those out there that don't know what Arabic characters are go back to school and learn the history of the written language that most of us are using in here today on this forum.... O m G

Peace out

My 2 pecs

I think the goal is to stimulate crafting by dropping various crafting materials instead of usable items like ESI or gears. They probably intend to tighten the relationship between 3 professions (hunt/craft/mine), so each profession has to give/take to/from each other.

Now, they will need to kick off the crafting activity in NI by providing useful NI-exclusive BPs that can compete with other planet's. When everything is done, I can see a significant increase of activities in NI, thus stimulating the NI market.

So far, I really like NI's recent updates. I'll surely go to NI again in a few days.:wtg:

Not much in this in an obvious multi part update to be upset at... Besides my bosses told me that it will all be okay...

And for those out there that don't know what Arabic characters are go back to school and learn the history of the written language that most of us are using in here today on this forum.... O m G

Peace out

Α - Β - Γ - Δ - Ε -ΣΤ etc - Greek numeric system (using greek alphabet characters)
I - II - III -IV - V etc -Roman (Latin numeric system)
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 etc - Arabic (current international numeric system)

am I won? :laugh:

Cyrene info:
Hey guys,

I wanted to tell everyone know that Planet Cyrene will have no new content for the June 2019 VU.

While I know this will be upsetting to many of our loyal players, it's outside the scope of our control and we've been talking to MA about different ways to move forward and bring our new content to Planet Cyrene. I can't divulge anything more at this time but once we have a clear path I'll update everyone as I can.

In the interim we'll be continuing to add polish to the items we have already planned: the new player experience improvements/revamp, new content based off of the Planet Cyrene Dynamic Upgrade Map, loot and blueprint adjustment/discovery rates, graduation armor/ceremony as well as events going forward that you can expect to see each year.

For what came this VU, it's actually focused on fixing an exploit in the Hub that needed to be solved as quickly as possible to lay the groundwork for upcoming PvP events and rewards.

Please leave any comments/questions/concerns here for me to try and answer.

Cheers,
Kris

Α - Β - Γ - Δ - Ε -ΣΤ etc - Greek numeric system (using greek alphabet characters)

First prize you don't get shot next time I see you.

Liking the nesting grounds in space. Not too sure about these lootable/nonlootables areas tho.

Now all we need is the big momma thats doin the nesting :)

Wait, wut? Mining redesign? .... Oooooo

That could mean either just specific to next NI (significant changes to resource distributions) or it could be saying all of EU is getting a mining redesign.

If it's the latter, I kind of hope I don't have to remap all of the planets again. I already have high resolution maps better than LBML for Caly, Ark, AU, Monria, NI, and Rocktropia, and that kind of took a long time to get data for. If it's just remapping NI, that's only four servers at least.

Really good thoughts but I don't think pirates are going to care about warps anymore. You can log off as passenger and be able to craft warp mine you need Generic transformer which is a really rare thing and after all, you can catch Forgo without loot. ;)

Eh warps are old news. This is better, I can hunt and not be lootable.....I can fly to the planet and not be lootable, that is all I need. :) I can haul several hundred kgs and "slow boat" it faster than any other ship without ever having any risk.

Big massive thanks for these changes and the new hunting grounds very very much needed even if it kills my warp business a little. I am certain we will see positive changes from this over time.

Last edited:

Yes. You won that game because you remembered to include the letter Stigma. (where digamma/F ended up later...)
Now add the Minoan numeric system, a permutation of Egypitian decimal, with 5 sets of characters depending on distance from the dot. Oh and the Egyptian decimal system goes out to at least 7, though not entirely logically.
Then for even brainier fun, look at the Basque Millers' Signs, a remnant of one of the systems from which Roman (I V X L C M etc) derived. The Millers' Signs are vigesimal (base 20), with distinct marks for 1, 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80. Mayan numerals are also vigesimal, though their repertoire seems to be 1, 5, 0.

Or for a deeper look at where our own letters came from, have a look at Ugarit ca. 1300 BCE, attested in two versions:
A B G X D E W Z H T' Y K S L M Dh N Z' S1 O P S' Q R Th Gh T I U Sh
E L H M Q W S R T S1 K N X B Sh F2 A O Z' G D Gh T' Z Dh Y Th S' Dh'
... and they used either set for numerals. Greek letters are a sloppy version of that first set, Arabic letters are a much less sloppy version of the second.

/totalTangent offered for your entertainment

Really good thoughts but I don't think pirates are going to care about warps anymore. You can log off as passenger and be able to craft warp mine you need Generic transformer which is a really rare thing and after all, you can catch Forgo without loot. ;)

dumbasses are gonna have to work for money or go back to politics. god helps those who help themselves, lol.

That could mean either just specific to next NI (significant changes to resource distributions) or it could be saying all of EU is getting a mining redesign.

If it's the latter, I kind of hope I don't have to remap all of the planets again. I already have high resolution maps better than LBML for Caly, Ark, AU, Monria, NI, and Rocktropia, and that kind of took a long time to get data for. If it's just remapping NI, that's only four servers at least.

pics or it dint happened.

Last edited:
what? space changes sound good. but, can't be that great since there's no pirates bawling their eyes out here.

Well, Micjack spent 3 hours complaining even though he said he plays Star Citizen now...

pics or it dint happened.

I don't know how much I'd charge for them given the months it's taken. Maybe someday I'll share a snippet of one for a good beginner area in terms of MU.

The mining redesign note is on the NI VU notes and not the EU notes so its just for NI I'd say.

The mining redesign note is on the NI VU notes and not the EU notes so its just for NI I'd say.

I don't completely understand what do they mean by "redesign"?

Do they change the way how to mine i.e. using different techniques/gears/controls? (Probably not, since it's MA's core mechanic)

Do they rearrange the resources location? cuz this one is not really a "redesign"

Do they change the way how to mine i.e. using different techniques/gears/controls? (Probably not, since it's MA's core mechanic)

Do they rearrange the resources location? cuz this one is not really a "redesign"

same here... maybe krazycat wanted to say "re-resides"? That's would be more logical to me.

Unless Krazykat work for NI dev team, she/he knows just as much as you. This was posted in NI vu notes, it sounds like big revamp of NI. They only had black lyst as their own mined resource in past. They have stated new Next Island specific ores/enmatters have been added into the mining zones.. So what ever plans they got in pipe work you will have to wait and see. I have not seen any new mats being discovered yet though.

Back