Info: New Space Mob Locations

Alainax

Elite
Bonnie
In June 2019 space was updated, as a result the old space mob map required updating.

Please find below a new map below with the new locations of the mobs. I hope it is of some use, and look forward to seeing more people hunting in space soon!

I will add the maturities soon.

(of course in paint, like a 4 year old, as is the tradition ;) )
mob_map_1_602718.jpg

I have added a PVP areas map at the bottom too, which might be of use.

(cross section of larger map below)

Please find below clickable links to scans of these mobs kindly provided directly to us from MindArk.

Lootable PVP areas in faded red, deep space is the hard red border line - I have now edited this image for clarity, however the original image is credit to Monria.
borders.jpg

Last edited:
We are still looking to locate some of the missing mobs, if anyone finds any please let me know so I can update the map. Thanks! :cool:

Great Post with Great Information. I flew to Cyrene 2 days ago and saw one of the new hunting spots. This will make me fly in space more now that there is a variety of mobs to hunt

ty for this.. how did u manage to find them all so quick.. some are like super high/low

Awesome work as always Bonnie & ToS. Thank you for sharing this.

I hope there are still Locusta and Dymlek out there somewhere to be found.. :confused:

Thanks for all the great maps in one place!

The cool thing is the new, round zones are PVP but non-lootable, which will open space hunting to far more players.

The square zones that remain in the full PVP zones are unchanged.

This change seems to strike a balance between maintaining the risk/separation factor while opening up space to more activity. Good times!

Peace, Miles

Dymlek found and map updated :)

Great Post with Great Information. I flew to Cyrene 2 days ago and saw one of the new hunting spots. This will make me fly in space more now that there is a variety of mobs to hunt

I think so too. Thanks for the kind comments :)
ty for this.. how did u manage to find them all so quick.. some are like super high/low

A good team to help :) Your welcome :D

Awesome work as always Bonnie & ToS. Thank you for sharing this.

I hope there are still Locusta and Dymlek out there somewhere to be found.. :confused:
Thanks for the kind comment! Dymlek found, now looking for Locusta :)

Thanks for all the great maps in one place!

The cool thing is the new, round zones are PVP but non-lootable, which will open space hunting to far more players.

The square zones that remain in the full PVP zones are unchanged.

This change seems to strike a balance between maintaining the risk/separation factor while opening up space to more activity. Good times!

Peace, Miles

Thanks! Yes I agree, hopefully will make space a lot more vibrant!

This is awesome :yay:

Lootable PVP areas in red - photo credit to Monria, origionally posted here
pvp.jpg

A bit offtopic, but this map indicated that you can almost go around pvp lootable now if you wish to go to other planets? Except next island to arkadia? Or am I reading the map wrong?

A bit offtopic, but this map indicated that you can almost go around pvp lootable now if you wish to go to other planets? Except next island to arkadia? Or am I reading the map wrong?

This might help. The red line is deep space, you can't fly over it. We are confined in the red box, the rest is just a pretty picture :)

So leaving any safe planet zone, will result in going through lootable pvp.

borders.jpg

This might help. The red line is deep space, you can't fly over it. We are confined in the red box, the rest is just a pretty picture :)

borders.jpg

ok too bad.

So dropship and dymlek loot is like hunting in pvp lootable and the other mobs loot can be safely carried to the nearest planet.

ok too bad.

So dropship and dymlek loot is like hunting in pvp lootable and the other mobs loot can be safely carried to the nearest planet.
I'm guessing this is their balancing part, cuz they probably drop nice MU stuff.

Now why don't they move Monria closer to calypso (so you don't have to pass lootable pvp zone to get back to calypso) ?

ok too bad.

Kinda. The mobs on planet servers are low level, the horrors in the centre areas tend to be higher maturities.

Essentially for baby mobs you can get back to planet safely, for anything bigger or more exciting its lootable. In saying that, baby mobs suit quad hunting just fine.

I'm guessing this is their balancing part, cuz they probably drop nice MU stuff.

Now why don't they move Monria closer to calypso (so you don't have to pass lootable pvp zone to get back to calypso) ?

You can tp from Monria to Calypso.

borders.jpg

Thanks for this.

Could you possibly add the zone/revive borders to this?

Oh this is a wonderful, long overdue addition to Space. I know praise may come from most players for this addition!! It Is a nice step in space development direction and travel. I can now blow the dust off my quad.

I watched a player (on his Twitch stream) Space hunting and I must say, it feels a lot more player friendly and a sense of freedom and also that the player base has won just a bit with requests about lootable PVP in Space being designated to an area and now leaving planets is not as stressful.
( Thank you for the Space Map Alainax )

Thank You Mindark

:beerchug:

Last edited:
If you are smart enough to not fly on default 0 altitude and not in straight line between planets SSs then traveling should be almost safe even if you cross lootable PVP for a bit. That would be extreme misfortune to run into pirate on +500 alt :laugh:

It was that way even when 100% space was lootable, once you left SS safely then there was no problem to land without being looted if you knew what you were doing (not sure why most ppl insist on landing near SS or fly at 0 alt). On old design SS non-lootable was small enough for one pirate to see all ships leaving safety - good luck with that now.

For me this update means no more MS trips, I can take the risks carried in this new space design.

If you are smart enough to not fly on default 0 altitude and not in straight line between planets SSs then traveling should be almost safe even if you cross lootable PVP for a bit. That would be extreme misfortune to run into pirate on +500 alt :laugh:

It was that way even when 100% space was lootable, once you left SS safely then there was no problem to land without being looted if you knew what you were doing (not sure why most ppl insist on landing near SS or fly at 0 alt). On old design SS non-lootable was small enough for one pirate to see all ships leaving safety - good luck with that now.

For me this update means no more MS trips, I can take the risks carried in this new space design.

I heard someone has already been looted for 200+ peds since the update, so still possible for sure.

Also I doubt MA will keep a system that has this much of an advantage toward travelers. I've made suggestions in tickets that lootable zones on the main boarders be littered with high level locusta so people cannot use those paths without team work and effort, while leaving smaller paths with -100 to 100 elivation open so pirates can find them and set ambushes in those areas.

Multiple paths, some more obvious some less, and changing between updates that way both travelers and pirates have to actively explore to find what spots are best. It would ensure all parties remain mobile and engaged, while also ensuring some risk to lazy travelers.

Is there a space hunting guide somewhere as well? :eyecrazy:

Gun types available, range recommendations and so forth?

Is there a space hunting guide somewhere as well? :eyecrazy:

Gun types available, range recommendations and so forth?

Ugg reminds me I need to rewrite my old ones on ark and monria forums. Check them out if you want just don't use the right click trick, it no longer works and turns on auto tool which in space is ped card death.

Also I doubt MA will keep a system that has this much of an advantage toward travelers.

Why? We desperately need several times the amount of players we have in game. This game needs to be more convenient in terms of travel and quality of life. Heck I still think we should have a Universal Auction and Storage.

Think MA should focus on what is important, more players playing and exploring each planet.

With that said like to still see the size of space reduced in half. It's too big.

Also a good move with lootable PvP as that isn't a feature that the majority of players look for in a game. Most people that play MMO's don't even PvP at all and try to avoid it at all cost. So this recent map change is a step in the right direction but we aren't all the way there yet.

PS- Are there any Iron missions for the new space mobs? That would be super important.

Non looting areas are to big around planets, that means people can go to crystal and asteroid as the please, i wondered why space so dead and no pirates anymore. I liked them waste ammo on me trying to fly to crystal. Then I get my repair skillin', i'd go make my loot and then pay my 7p to MA to tp back to caly, dont have to do that anymore either. I know others dont agree but pirates are good for the economy, forces players to use their own planet au, drives up prices of those mats when you have to go get them, which in turn drives up warp passengers. Ma just need to not listen to people who whine and they need to play within parameters of game and be smart. if you get shot down with loot its your fault for taking the risk. you dont want get shot down in space then you pay bonnie or sinner for a ride or pay your 7ped to ma.

@Bonnie...thx for the Infos...:))

where i can find Locusta ?

Back