Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images

Feedback to the start of updating space

Thank you Mindark for finally addressing space and having started with making some long needed important changes

The recent update introduced non-lootable pvp areas on planet adjacent space servers, these changes allow for many players to experience space hunting as well as travel in the local areas (please watch your lootable pvp warning led when traveling and check the updated spacemaps created by your fellow (trusted) explorers).

These changes should decourage pirates from camping space stations as the new 'frontier' has now been moved much further out and over a far wider area.
    In 3 dimensional space these changes give a fair balance between safety and some needed risk for traveling to another planet. However many of the existing warpgatepoints are still on their original position which means that some of them now reside in lootable and others in non-lootable space - this creates an imbalance for warp flights between planets as some warps will now never enter a lootable area while others do.
    This could enable equus/firebirds to transport lootables in some areas 100% secure (please be aware that there is still much testing to be done as warpflight patterns for passage of gatepoints could have been changed, it is not recommended taking the risk until this is properly testet).
    I hope mindark will be looking into the 4 dimensional balancing of flight risk vs reward as has been done for 3 dimensional space.
    One option could be to relocate existing warpgates into positions that are deemed balanced.

Furthermore the non-lootable hunting grounds will likely inspire many more players to give space hunting a try - Mindark please make sure to look into mounted laser/blp and gunner professions to assure that these professions do provide an impact for a fair hunting environment that rewards skilling up in said professions and doesnt leave them on the sidelines (eg gunner professions have had no impact on gun turret dmg/hit for the past 5 years).

With the borderservers done and many more lowlevel mobs in space (which are mainly geared towards quadwing hunters), i hope the next step will be to introduce highlvl mobs(lvl100+/lvl1000+/lvl5000+) in lootable space for privateers, motherships and fleet battles, please also consider to offer a landgrab style space la in lootable pvp to encourage some 'conflict' in pvp

With non-lootable pvp now encompassing about 50% of space, please consider to add a feature similar to planetside pvp for the winner to loot back ammo spent (by both sides) in an encounter - there should still be a reason to fight in non-lootable pvp.

I hope these balancing changes are the first step towards introducing space transport missions, please consider to balance ship transport capacities when you do and be aware that to this date anti grav containers can still be stacked inside one another indefinitly for essentially unlimited transport capacities with next to zero weight increase.

solid analysis of the new space system, still a lot to explore too.

3 cheers for the death of spawn camping as a profession, don't let the door hit you on the @$$ on the way out

MindArk Official
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have forwarded this thread to the dev team.
    Community liaison in charge of player-developer communications.
    If you have feedback or questions, please make a thread about it.

I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
    This account was made official on June 15th, 2016. Posts from before this date are not official.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig|MindArk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have forwarded this thread to the dev team.
    Two great suggestion. In these zones where you can find creatures in space - why not make it not PVP zone? Or at least remove wasted shots when u miss?

Also please add items that allow you to heal your quad whilst in flight (solo) this will surely motivate more ppl to hunt in space.

I've already spent my first 200 peds in space, lost 120 ped but i'm still happy cuz it's 82 ped of loot pirates never going to get
    Last edited by Sub-Zero; 06-13-2019 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    Two great suggestion. In these zones where you can find creatures in space - why not make it not PVP zone? Or at least remove wasted shots when u miss?

Also please add items that allow you to heal your quad whilst in flight (solo) this will surely motivate more ppl to hunt in space.

I've already spent my first 200 peds in space, lost 120 ped but i'm still happy cuz it's 82 ped of loot pirates never going to get

try cosmic horrors, their attack range is about 0.05AU, and your range is 0.0925. Cosmics are so slow you can start backing up after a few shots to stay out of their attack range. Careful though, you can literally back up faster then they move forward so you can back out of range and miss shots. Also dont use auto-tool, just use left click when you see your cross hair go red.

GL hunting! if you need any advice shoot me a message ^_^

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Haven't found the time to check it out for myself yet but already liking a lot what I can gather here. Especially the end of getting r4ped at spawn points. Thank you! I only hope important fixes (chat bug, unfinishied controls) aren't falling down the ladder because of this.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
    try cosmic horrors, their attack range is about 0.05AU, and your range is 0.0925. Cosmics are so slow you can start backing up after a few shots to stay out of their attack range. Careful though, you can literally back up faster then they move forward so you can back out of range and miss shots. Also dont use auto-tool, just use left click when you see your cross hair go red.

GL hunting! if you need any advice shoot me a message ^_^
    It was those mobs I tried before . Problem is I'm finding it difficult to get to used to the range of mobs (visible range) without team to make team target, thus many times i took decay and died 4 times because of not targeting closest mob when hunting in 3 dimensional or is 4th dimension idk. I started feeling motion sick after 1.5h hunting they gotta make it hunting in space with quad less wonky imo

Maybe one gets accustomed to it eventually, but still it wouldn't be a bad idea if they made it more stable. and maybe option to use next target with F key as on planet. Ppl can then hunt much faster and avoid wasting shots.

For perspective took 1.5h to burn 200 ped ammo. And several deaths.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My only negative comment is that when I click on location on the map and Create Waypoint, it does NOT apply the correct Z-value like it used to - it uses your current Z-value as if you were creating a waypoint in open space.

I am super psyched about getting back to Quad-hunting! I always enjoyed it but it was unsustainable due to bad loot and bugs. With Loot 2.0, Range-detection, Non-lootable hunting zones and good spawns, that equation should change significantly.

I love the new zoom views - you can see space stations, etc., from very far away.

I love that you added more asteroids.

Looking forward

Peace, Miles
    Last edited by Miles; 06-13-2019 at 23:48. Reason: added NOT, which is important :)
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.
    Albert Bartlett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Another idea/fix: Make the lootable pvp zone area RED on map all the time just like on planetside.
    And remove the msg you get when u enter space you have entered lootable pvp zone, which is false now.
    Almost gave me a heart attack a few times.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Chris Faceof Trimitzios
    Society
    Premium Prospecting and Trading
    Ok...is JUST A VERY SMALL STEP...but we can be happy...MA now have make the first space step...

Anyway...for current update and this contents, i believe MA need to work and soon to implement new spaceships variants (bigger from Quad...) and new weapons ...otherwise all this is useless

Also to get Iron Missions and other type for this mobs to attract more ppl in space...from planets...

To attract more ppl in game u need bigger space and contents and connect planet economies to a solar system x 6 planets so is 6 solar systems and expand to universal space...damn...wrong game...

Anyway...have fun...
    Faceof...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast